oo1

You're Perfect, Just the Way You Were

*Chapter one;

 

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

6:30 A.M.

I reached for the clock in an attempt to snooze it but instead, the alarm clock fell on the ground. "Ugh," I groaned as I tried to bury my face onto my pillow. Waking up to another hell. I dragged myself off my bed and went straight in the shower. About an hour later, I finished getting ready for school. I headed downstairs to the kitchen and found food on the table with a note right beside it.

Honey, I have to work today and I had to go early. I cooked your breakfast for you! Make sure you eat before you leave. – Mom

"Eggs and fried rice. My favourite!" As I was about to dig in, I suddenly heard a stretching noise. My eyes widened, "Oh my god, no!" My skirt ripped.

***

As I was on my way to school, I saw a bench at a park near the house. I sat down, panting heavily. “I’m really tired. Why does the school have to be so far? I should get going before I become late," and about 2 blocks later, I reached my school. People stared at me as I entered. Why are they looking at me? I thought to myself.  

“That girl is so fat!”

“It feels like there’s going to be an earthquake when she runs! We better hide!” s. As always, I decided to ignore them and continued walking.

As I took a turn in the school's hallway I accidentally bumped into someone. He almost fell. “I’m really sorry; I didn’t mean to bump into you!” The moment he looked up, I knew it was gonna change my life forever. Oh my god, what's happening to my heart?! As soon as I helped him up, I quickly ran away. 

***

On my way to the cafeteria, I saw my best friend, Hannah Lee. She was one of those girls that no matter how much they ate, they just don't get a single pound! My size is basically twice as hers. She’s a lot more popular too, not that I was ever popular. All people knew about me was that I'm this fat girl that didn't care about being fat. But truth to be told, being best friends with Hannah always reminds me of how I'll never be good enough. But what am I thinking? I shouldn't think of her like that. We've been friends since kindergarten and nothing's changed. She’s still kind hearted, caring, and loyal. And obviously, she’s the "dream girl".  

“Taeya! how come I didn’t see you this morning? Where’d you go?” She ran up to me, breaking my train of thoughts. “Oh, I went straight to class. I had a test to study for.” A lie. I was actually in a washroom stall the whole morning because I didn't want people seeing me. Why? Because they all make fun of me. A person can only take so much and today was one of those days.

Before heading home, I decided to drop by my locker to put away some of my books. However, someone was standing right in front it. Was it that same guy this morning? I tried to squint to get a better view but nope, it didn't work. Before walking away, he slid something inside my locker. Right after he left, I ran up to my locker and a note fell as soon as I opened it. 

“Hey Taeya, this is Sehun. Don't be weirded out! I got your name from a friend of mine. I just wanted to say sorry for bumping into you this morning, I wasn’t watching where I was going. If you're free, do you want to go out after school? My treat. If you do, put this back in my locker. My locker number is 2040.” Not wasting anytime, I searched for it and dropped the note in. Hopefully I won't seem desperate...

As I was walking out of the school, I saw the same guy waiting just right outside the gate. "Hey! You ready?" He asked, his ears turning red. I chuckled, "Yeah, where are we off to?"

"You'll see!"

He opened the door to the passenger seat and ushered me in. "Hope you don't mind me driving us," he said as he rubbed the back of his neck. "No worries," I told him assuringly. He got onto the driver's seat and we drove off. "So..." He started, breaking the awkward silence between us. "What year are you in?" 

"I'm in my last year, what about you?" He looked at me for a split second, looking confused. "I'm in my last year too... but how come I've never seen you before?"

"Oh, well, uhm, I'm not really social so yeah, I usually just stay in the classroom to work on assignments."

***

I glanced at the clock and it read 6:00PM. "Hey, should we get going?" I asked Sehun as he took the last bite of the cheesecake that was right in front of him. He looked at the time and then looked back at me, "Do you have a curfew?" I shook my head. "I don't have a curfew but I don't want my family to worry about me being out too late." He smiled and nodded his head, "That's true, let's get going then!"

Just before he drops me off, we stopped by the park near the house. We walked over to the swings and sat there for a few minutes. “Sehun, why are you being so nice to me?” I asked. But just around the corner of the street, I saw a few guys standing and it seemed like they were waiting. Are those his friends? He was about to say something but I cut him off; scared of what his answer was gonna be. “If you’re just doing this because you and your friends think that it's fun to play with someone's feelings, then please stop.” I walked away, leaving him all by himself.

"Sehun!" Someone called his name. "Just as I thought..." I mumbled to myself. 

After taking a shower, I headed back to my room. "Was I too harsh? Too assuming? What if he had good intentions?" Feeling frustrated, I buried my face onto my pillow and let out a scream. I sat up and sighed. "He’s seemed really friendly and it didn't seem like he was planning anything bad... No, no, no," I shook my head. "I should still be careful."

 

________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone!

I'm not sure if anyone remembers me but I was originally known as Godofinfinity. I'm now back and I'm excited to let you guys know that I will be re-writing YPJTWYW! It's been 6 years since I started this story and 5 years since I posted the last chapter. At first, I wrote this story not knowing if people would be interested in reading it. But to be quite honest, I only realized it now that it was actually loved by many! I will be re-writing the story however, the plot and major events won't change. There may be some little changes with the small details but other than that, everything will be pretty much the same. I hope that you guys are as excited as I am! Enjoy reading the new version of You're Perfect, Just The Way You Were.