New Feelings

Beyond The Palace

Sitting on the curb outside in the rain, I never  imagined running away would feel like this.
Only a few hours and I was already yearning to go home.

"What was I thinking leaving the lap of luxury!?", I mumbled to myself.

Call me a noob at this but I was brought up girly and spoiled, not knowing the basics of life.

"I can't sit here all night, I have to find a place to stay. Away from all this wet cold rain, a place where I can dry off.", I said to myself.

Tears began to form on my face but I didn't care. At least it is a sign that I am still alive and breathing.

Unable to focus on walking straight I stumble and hit the pavement deeply scraping my knee and breaking the heel of my left shoe.

"Yaaaaaaah!!! These cost close to ₩654837 won!", I yelled.
"Excuse me, Miss.", a voice called out.
"M-Me? Are you referring to me?", I asked pointing to myself.

Extending his hand he lifts me up off the ground and onto his back.

"Yah what are you doing? You don't  know me and your carrying me!", I screamed.
"You must be tired yelling like that. Oh and your leg must hurt like hell.", he said in a calm sweet voice.

Honestly though I was yelling I felt really grateful for this persons help. Even if I soaked his back side it was more warm and comfortable than the hard wet pavement.

"We are almost to my apartment so you can.....", cutting short his words he smiles. "Oh you fell asleep.", he quietly said.

Opening the door to his apartment he gently drops me onto his bed. In my deep comfortable sleep I couldn't feel what was going on.
He gently puts his hand on my forehead. "She's a bit hot. Staying in those wet clothes isn't helping either. I-I'm sure she won't mind me changing her clothes for her....I hope.", he said.

Slowly without trying to look he undresses me. After about 20 minutes of agonizing undressing he quickly slips one of his over-sized shirts over my body.
carefully he dabs alcohol onto my scrapped knee then bandages it.

Morning approached the sunlight from the window piercing my eyes.
Slowly opening my eyes I looked around at the scenery.

"Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!", I screamed being the first words of the morning.

Quickly rushing from the living room to the bed room someone walks in.

"Oh you are awake now.", he said smiling at me. "My names Yong Jun Hyung", he said introducing himself.

I felt a huge breeze through the thin shirt so I quickly covered my whole body inside the blanket.

"W-Where are m-my clothes? W-What am I doing here?", I wondered
"Does your leg still hurt?", he asked

Moving around my left leg I felt a surge of pain. From the expression on my face, Junhyung could tell I was still in a lot of pain.

He asked another question, "Are you still running a fever?"

Placing my hand on top my forehead I felt a little hot. Without thought to my painful knee I tried to run to the bathroom.
Before even one step off the bed I tripped and landed on Junhyung who caught my fall.

"What are you doing trying to get up?", he asked.

I couldn't tell him I needed to  get to the bathroom so right there and then my mouth exploded. I turned my head as far away as possible not to hit him.

"Oh.... I see.... now...", he said covering his nose from the smell.
"Sorry.", I apologized for the mess.

A few minutes later after the mess was properly cleaned up my stomach began to rumble.

"I told you my name this morning so how about you tell me yours? As added bonus I'll even feed you because your tummy seems hungry.", he chuckled
"My name is Han Jae Na.", I replied.
"I haven't seen you around town, are you new?", he asked

I had nothing to say. I wanted to leave my spoiled rich princess life out of the conversation. He either would try to take advantage of that fact or he'd despises me for what I truly am, or so I  thought.

"......Um... I'm not exactly new here but  I've never been to this part of the city before, so I guess I got myself lost.", I answered.

Thinking to myself I didn't notice Junhyung reaching over to feel my forehead. I pushed him in an awkward position causing our lips to lock.
Within that kiss an image of a familiar face ran though my mind. Junhyung leaned back up, my face bright red. At that moment a name came out of my mouth, "Hyunseung Oppa."