All I have to Give - Dongwoon

All I have to Give - Dongwoon

You walked down the hall as all of the students exited the building. Your boyfriend stood beside a wall as you pushed through the crowd. He grabbed your wrists and pulled you in for a hug. You wrapped your arms around him. Dongwoon watched from a far as he moved his hands up and down your back. Dongwoon tried to look away but he couldn’t help but wish that he could take your boyfriend’s place. Dongwoon left in a huff as he walked to the bus, you released your boyfriend from your grip as he whispered something in your ear that wasn’t audible. Instinct took over and you pushed him away, he grabbed your wrists and flung you towards him. You raised your hand ready to strike his cheek.  His eyes dropped to your chest and his tongue traveled across his lips in lust as his hands moved up and down your back once again. You slapped him and snatched your hands out of his clamped grasp. Running outside you feared for your life to what your boyfriend would do to you now. You ran into the nearby shopping center finding refuge in a small clothing store. Catching your breath, he came into the shop and you slid into the backroom escaping that shop and running into another one. A couple hours passed before you felt safe to emerge from your hiding spot behind one of the locked dressing room doors. You walked out of the small room whist fixing your hair and slid sunglasses on, pulling over your hood over your face. Footsteps echoed in your brain as you walked out of the shopping complex. You bolted across the street, running to the closest door in the high school. You pulled on the door with all of your strength, not even opening the door; you slammed your hand into the door. You ran to the side of the building feeling defeated trying to hide yourself once more from what you thought was your boyfriend’s footsteps. You looked down the long brick wall to find that a door was perched open. You slid against the wall and slid into the door right as it was about to close. You gently shut the door behind you as a single spotlight split through the surrounding darkness. A jet black piano sat in the center of the stage as a tall man emerged from the white curtains that bordered the stage with care, his sneakers quietly glided across the black wood as he took off a chocolate hoodie that had a design on the front for a company, revealing a white shirt that hugged tightly around his arms with a modest vest overlaying against the white shirt. He laid the jacket on the stage as he slid onto the ebony bench; Dongwoon looked down at the ivory and ebony keys that contrasted each other perfectly. His lengthy fingers rested on the keys as he closed his eyes and sighed as he opened his eyes. His fingers danced across the keys. As he prepared to sing, you quietly moved against the white pillar as you watched his foot rise and fall with the beat of the song as his hands danced across the keys as his voice carried you to an unknown world.

I don’t know what he does to make you cry
But I’ll be there to make you smile
I don’t have a fancy car
To get to you I’d walk a thousand miles
I don’t care if he buys you nice things
Does his gifts come from the heart?
I don’t know
But if you were my girl
I’d make it so we’d never be apart

[Chorus:]
But my love is all I have to give
Without you I don’t think I could live
I wish I could give the world to you
But love is all I have to give

When you talk (when you talk) does it seem like he’s not
Even listening to a word you say?
That’s okay babe, just tell me your problems
I’ll try my best to kiss them all away
Does he leave (does he leave) when you need him the most?
Does his friends get all your time?
Baby please
I’m on my knees
Praying for the day that you’ll be mine

[Chorus]

[Bridge:]
To you… (hey girl) hey girl, I don’t want you to cry no more inside
All the money in the world could never add up to all the love
I have inside… I love you

And I will give it to you
All I can give, all I can give
Everything I have is for you
But love is all I have to give

[Chorus (3x)]

But my love is all I have to give
Without you I don’t think I can live
I wish I could give the world to you
But love is all I have to give… to you

You started to whimper, Dongwoon’s playing slowed to a stop as your whimpering got louder and louder. He the piano bench to face the hundreds of audience seats that stared back at him emptily, raising his hand to block the stage light from his view. He searched the audience for the small whimpering that he heard, standing up gracefully he jumped off of the stage. He searched a little more until his eyes fell upon your slouched figure leaning against the pillar. He ran up the aisle way to you as you began to cry harder. Dongwoon wrapped his arms around you and held you close.

“I am so sorry” Dongwoon confessed

“Why?” You looked at Dongwoon with tear soaked eyes.

“I should have done this before you met this jerk” You nodded at Dongwoon’s comments and held him close

“Me too, me too”