Happy Birthday?! (final)

Happy Birthday?!

(1400 words~) 

 

I sighed and laid down on my bed.

Where are those Hyungs? Have they even any schedules today? Why aren’t they home already?

 

I sighed again.

Why are they letting me alone at 11:45 PM in the flat… all by myself?

Where is manager Hyung already?

Ah yeah, he went to buy some ice cream…

I lazily sat on my bed and waited for anyone to come with a slight pout.

Well, it’s weird! Usually they are all here before me!

I have late schedules, and when I haven’t, I’m all day until late at night in the practice room… So Hyungs are always here before me.

It feels so.... lonely!  It’s so boring being alone!

And don’t they know that I attract ghost every time I’m alone?

At this thought, I shivered.

 

No, no, no Taemin, don’t think about it! Ghosts are in SM… not here?!

                                               

As if it was to prove me the contrary, something felt from somewhere in the house and my eyes widened.

It sounds like a small thing but it gave me goose bumps!

 

-What was that? I mumbled to myself and then louder. Who is here? Hyungs, you’re here?

 

I slowly stood up and it kind of felt like déjà vu.

 

I went to the living room with a tennis racket in my hand.

No I didn’t lose my mind… I was just feeling another presence with me at home!

I hoped it was a human and not some ghost that came to haunt me!

My mom used to say to me, when I was younger, “If you ever lie to someone, ghosts will haunt you to teach you that it’s bad! So if you are not afraid of me or even your dad, be afraid of their angriness!”

And I used to reply nonchalantly: “But it’s not their business if I ever lie to someone!”

Of course she would be angry and found the answer that made me always say the truth until I stopped believing in it:

“Don’t you know? Everyone carry a ghost around, you can lie to a human but not to a dead person and they have their pride too, so if you lie to a human, the ghost who follows him will feel hurt… And he will hurt you back!”

I was 7 years old back then and I believed in it until 15 years old.

I felt stupid and naïve to believe that so I began to lie, of course never with my parents but with Hyungs.

They would always complain but ghosts never did once… until that day.

I saw a ghost in SM Entertainment one day!

The same morning, I just lied to Onew Hyung and managers, and instead of going to practice alone, I went to a friend’s house.

Yeah I was rebellious back then, 3 years ago.

Manager Hyung discovered what I did and he felt disappoint by my lies and said that one day, I’ll have to pay the price for my lies and I did it… I paid the price the same night, after the other members went home without me, the manager Hyung wanted me to practice more because I didn’t do it in the morning.

 

I was left alone in the practice room and when I sat on the cold floor after 10 minutes of practice, I gave up.

“Who will see me anyway?” Yeah I was indeed soooo rebellious.

And then, the same feeling of someone being there. I shook the idea of a ghost of my mind until I saw someone or something passing by the door.

We could see shapes from our door and I saw it!

I ran to open the door and then… nothing! I was shivering in fear because it wasn't a dream! I did see something! I heard a lot of gossips about ghosts in SM and I never belive it but... What if it's true?

After that, I ran to find the manager Hyung but instead, I found Onew Hyung in the hall of the building and I told him what I saw and apologized for my mistakes. I was panting hard and was barely crying so Onew Hyung said that everyhing was alright and he kinda believed in my story even though I couldn't even believe it myself!

I felt this strange presence until he accepted apologize. So I assumed it was Onew Hyungs ghosts…

 

After this day, I didn’t dare lying… well this afternoon it was a white lies to every member but they will don’t care, right?

 

As I thought, no one was at the living room.

I was alone in the flat. So what with this feelin-

“-AHAHAH”

 

I jumped totally scared at the sound of someone laughing strangely.

It didn’t sound as a familiar laugh.

-WHAT THE F-???

I shouted, my hands tightened around the racket.

-JUST GO OUT! WHO IS HERE? HYUNG IT’S YOU? STOP WITH THE JOCK!!! I’m scared!

And then, the light went off. I hide myself under the table which was just next to me, my hands were on my ears.

-OMMA!!! Sorry, you were right! I won’t lie again!!!

My eyes were close and I shivering badly.

 

What I was expected never come… instead, I heard giggles.

 

I recognize the giggles and felt suddenly so ashamed but relieved too!

I bet I’m red as a tomato!I opened slowly my eyes and was welcomed by my Hyungs…

-What are you doing there? Jonghyun Hyung asked with a smirk.

 

My eyes went wide.

-H-hyung…

I went off the table and hugged all my Hyungs.

 

-Where were you??? I AM SO SORRY!

I was in front of Key Hyung:

-Sorry for stealing your earrings and saying that I didn’t see them! I hugged him.

The next one was Jonghyun Hyung:

-Sorry for lying about the medicine for your headache. I knew where it was… I was just lazy Hyung this morning to give it to you!

-Minho Hyung… sorry for telling the manager Hyung that you were the one who went out yesterday night…while I was the only one doing it!

The last one was Onew Hyung and I already shed some tears.

-Hyung, sorry for using all your shampoo… I knew you needed it but it smells so good, I couldn’t help my-

I found myself in a tight hug.

-You’re mean guys with my little Taeminnie!

It was Key Hyung.

Wait!

-What do you mean Hyung? I asked while rubbing my eyes and sobbing slightly shamelessly.

-You really tricked him! I didn't know he would believe it. Onew Hyung concluded.

Minho Hyung and Jonghyun Hyung laughed so hardly.

-We needed to give him a lesson! No more lies! Minho Hyung said with a serious look now.

-And we can also trick him, can’t we? He does it all the time! Jonghyun Hyung complained.

 

Realization hits me.

 

-S-so you mean… I stammered… The g-ghost thing was a trick? Not real at all? There is no ghost at home?

I was dumbfounded and angry... but well relieve too.

-Sorry Taemin-ah! Onew Hyung scratched the back of his head.I kinda tell them about your fear of ghosts and what your mom used to tell you.

I pout.

-That’s unfair! I was deadly scared!

I let myself fall on the couch, tired suddenly.

-We know! We heard it all! Key Hyung chuckled.

-What do you mean? How... I was laying and lazily went to a sitting position to hear the explanation.

-We put some cameras in the living room.

-WHAT??? How can you? The manager knows it? That’s why he went to buy ice cream and he didn’t come back yet?

They nodded.

-You’re the worst Hyungs! You’re unbelievable! I laid back. How did you do? The falling objects and laughs? I assume for the lights, you just turned them off! I’m so stupid for being scared like that!

-You can find anything in trick shops! Jonghyun Hyung began with a proud smirk and then he took something from a vase.

It was a tape recorder.

He pushed a button and then we heard again the strange laugh.

I was shivering again.

-The sound comes automatically after some time!

-All fake… I whispered.

- "You must never forget to smile." Weren’t you the one saying this? Jonghyun stated.

-Yeah… I answered, sulking.

-So smile~ Minho sang and I smile bitterly.

 

-Mianhae Taeminnie! Key Hyung looked very sad.

-Well, I said while standing up, I think I deserve it! I’ll never lie again anymore…

-OMO! Our maknae grows up so well!

Minho Hyung patted my head.

-Now we can celebrate you birthday properly! Jonghyun concluded.

-What? I asked in disbelief.

-It’s midnight! Today it’s your birthday Taemin-ah! That’s why Key and I agreed with that trick. At least you learn something and grow up before getting old from a year!

I laughed. How could I forget about my own birthday???

I face palmed myself.

-You are really unbelievable Hyungs! I exclaimed and we made a group hug.

 

Few minute later, manager Hyung finally came back but rather than ice cream… he bought a cake.

 

-HAPPY BIRTHDAY! They all sang to me and it felt so right to be there with them.

 

Even though they can be mean and childish, I really love them… those terrible Hyungs! 

 

----

 

Here it is!

I don't know if ti was good but well I enjoy writing this for our little maknae<3

HAPPY BIRTHDAY<3

                     

 Mischievous maknae~