Girl Next Door

Title

The boys had been at it for hours in that small, sweaty room. (Get your mind out of the gutter.) By this time, Baro was feeling more than a bit hungry. He promised himself that after this last run-through, he would drink a gallon of banana milk.

“Do you think these lyrics are too cheesy?” Jinyoung bit his lip as he read over each stanza. “What if manager doesn’t like it?”

“You’re asking now?” CNU chuckled. “I’ve never heard a cheesier song. But that’s its charm, isn’t it?” He stood up and stretched, though there wasn’t much space in the cluttered room.

“What was with the sudden urge to write this kind of love song, anyway?” Baro questioned. “Has hyung been bitten?” He laughed when Jinyoung took a swat at his hat, flipping it up and over his head with a swish.

As Baro bent down to pick it up, Jinyoung began to ramble. “It’s just a song! Everyone always assumes you have to be in love to write a love song,” he pouted. “A true artist can draw inspiration from other things like—”

“Yah, I don’t want a lecture! Let’s just finish up before I starve to death.”

“Or melt,” Gongchan added, crushing his empty bottle of water. “It’s too hot in here.”

“This is the only place we could find to record it,” Jinyoung said. “Rookies take what they can get.” He began fiddling with his laptop, but Baro could tell he was still bothered, but he would say nothing more about it until he exploded. He was an “A,” after all.

Just as he was getting into the rap, the door to their makeshift studio flew open. A girl with long hair pulled back and bright eyes stomped right over to Jinyoung.

                “Jinyoung oppa! Keep it down over here, will you? If I fail this test, you will be held responsible!”

                “Sorry, Choon Hee,” Jinyoung apologized nervously. “We didn’t know you were studying.”

                “You guys are too distracting,” Choon Hee crossed her arms. “That song you’re singing…” She suddenly broke into a smile. “It’s going to be a hit.”

                “Y-You think so?”

                “I can sense these kinds of things,” Choon Hee winked. “Anyway, I’ve got to get back to the books. Hwaiting! But not too loud.” She waved to the boys and shut the door.

                When Jinyoung turned around, he was faced with four stupidly smiling faces. “What?”

                “Who was that?” Sandeul grinned.

                “That was Song Choon Hee. She lives next door. Her mom let us use this place for recording, but I didn’t think she’d be home now,” Jinyoung said thoughtfully. He frowned when he noticed his bandmates’ faces had not budged. “What?

                “Maybe we should change the title to Spring Girl instead of Bling Girl,” Baro said thoughtfully.

                Swish.

                “Go get your hat.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Choon Hee" means "Spring Girl" according to the internet. :)

Thanks for reading!