Meeting Them

The Boy From Summer

Summer.

90 days of bliss.

Where we tired students would get our well-deserved rest, and have loads of fun on this break.

For me, since I wasn't that much of a social butterfly, i would usually just hang around the dorms & occasionally with my best friends, Ha Eun & Minjun. We were tight-knit since high school, and now that we were in college, we were closer than ever. We pratically knew each other inside out, and could even pass off as siblings if we wanted to.

"Hey, Haewon, any plans for summer?" a classmate & friend of mine, Baekhyun, called out. "Actually, no. I'm just going to hang around the dorms, I guess." I shrugged as I fumbled around in my pocket for my student ID card. "Oh, that's a shame. But if you ever get bored and wanna hang out, I'm here for you." He gave me a small smile before walking towards his friends. I waved back and made my way to the gates that led to the dorm, tapping my card on the scanner and trudging in wearily. A day of classes and boring lectures had drained all my energy away, and all I wanted to do was to take a quick shower and have a good sleep. It was around 5 in the evening, and students were everywhere, some going home, some going on vacation, and then the people like me who would just stay here. 

I entered my room to get one of the biggest shocks of my life. "CONGRATULATIONS IT'S SUMMER!" Ha Eun & Minjun jumped me and pulled the party poppers. "You guys... all these is completely unnecessary. " I set my books down and threw my bag on the bed. "Psh, I told you. She's no fun." Ha Eun bounded over to my bed and collapsed on it, muffling her face in my pillow. "Come on, be a sport! Anyways, you better go shower fast so you can have your nap. We're going out later at 8." Minjun said as he followed Ha Eun's actions. I sighed and nodded, "Okay. Tell me later. For now... you guys don't mess up my bed."
 

I stepped into the shower and let the water run through my hair as I hummed along to a song. I would always bring my ipod in to the bathroom and play my favourite songs when I was bathing.

"And they would be as in love with you as i am..." I rinsed the soap suds away from my body and turned the water off. Stepping out, I quickly dried myself and wrapped my hair in a towel. Being a lazy person, I wore a random shirt with a pair of sweatpants. Lazy, I know, but who cares. I went out of the bathroom to find a group of people gathered in the middle of our living room.

"Hi!" Baekhyun's voice resonated throughout the room and I sighed inwardly. There goes my nap.

"I invited them over! We're going out with them afterwards too, like I said before." Minjun pulled me down to sit between him and another guy and he took off my towel, proceeding to dry my hair.

"For now, we're getting to know each other!" Ha Eun chirped, with a bowl filled with chips in her hand.

"Oh... Uh, yeah. Hi... I'm Haewon. Nice to meet you guys?" I trailed off awkwardly. I didn't really favour the idea of having making new friends, as I was a bit of a introvert. "Hi Haewon!" The group of guys chorused, and they started to introduce themselves one by one.

"I'm Sehun. The youngest here. Maybe younger than you." The guy with silver-ish hair said, with a hint of a lisp. 

"Call me Kris, or Wufan. I'm Chinese, brought up in Canada." The handsome guy with blonde locks smiled at me.

He's Chinese.

"Hae Won is half chinese!" Ha Eun interrupted, before crunching on her chips again.

"Chanyeol! Always here to make your day." A guy who resembled a elf with a incredibly deep voice said. 

"I'm Tao. Also a chinese. I hope we can be better friends!" A guy with extremely dark circles grinned at me and I smiled back.

"This is all of us! Oh, but we have another friend in the US. He's coming back soon, we should hang out." Baekhyun added and Minjun said,"Great idea! We should really make Haewon go out more. Pardon me for saying this, but she doesn't really have a life."

I rolled my eyes at him and said,"Yeah, although I kind of feel insulted, I can't blame you." I gently pried my hair away from him and tied it into a side ponytail.

"So, excuse my rudeness, but I need to study." I smiled at them, feeling slightly guilty before making my way to my study table. I felt uncomfortable.

----

"Haewon! Wake up!" I groaned, and sleepily rubbed my eyes before realising I had out on my table. "Have they left?" I asked, voice croaky. "No, they're all waiting outside, for you! So hurry your up." She tugged impatiently on my arm. "Okay, okay." I stood up, and asked, "Where are we going?"

"Your favourite korean bbq place. So if you want to get some meat, I suggest you get your up now and get ready. We're leaving in 15." 

I cursed inwardly as I slowly stood up, running my hand through my tangled and messy black hair. Birds' nest, Ha Eun would say. 

I hurriedly changed out of my sleepwear and pulled on a plain white tee with a pair of denim shorts, shrugging on a grey cardigan at the last moment. My hair was annoying me, so I combed through it a few times before twisting it into a messy bun. Frowning at my spots in the mirror, I took a tube of concealer and rubbed over the uneven spots, making my face look a little nicer. Smiling a little, I took my wallet, keys and phone, stuffing them into a small bag. 

"I'm ready!" I headed out the bathroom, where Ha Eun and Minjun were standing, waiting. "Finally." She sighed, and dragged me out. 

"Hey!" the six boys chorused when we stepped out the door. They were actually leaning on the wall. "Hey, Haewon! Hey that rhymes! Hey Haewon!" Chanyeol excitedly exclaimed, putting an arm around my shoulder. I immediately felt short around this tower. "Ha ha ha. Hi, Chanyeol." I wriggled away from his grasp, and went back to Ha Eun. 

"So. Care to tell me more about your chinese roots? It's not everyday I meet someone who may be related to me" Kris, the other tower, sidled up to me and gently poked my shoulder. I smiled at him.

And shook my head.

His reaction was something I did not expect.

He pouted, and gave a sunny smile. "Well, you can tell me next time then. I'll be here the whole time, hopefully I get to hear your story before I graduate." He chuckled, and rejoined Tao's side.

"Oh come one, warm up! They're really nice guys and-" I cut Ha Eun off and stared at her, "Are you sure it's not because they're oh so handsome?" I shot her a suspicious stare, and she put both hands up in a surrender. "You caught me." We both burst into laughter, earning a look from Minjun. 

"No, but really. You need some more friends. And they're perfect. For that, and they're literally perfect."

I sighed, and nodded. "Alright. I'll try." Ha Eun gave a little fist pump and gently nudged me into Sehun's direction. 

I gulped.

There was an awkward silence between us as we walked.

"Umm.. Hi, Sehun right?"

He nodded.

"So, how old are you again?"

"Nineteen going twenty next April." 

"Wow."

And our conversation ended there. I actually felt slightly comforted to find that we were born in the same birth month.

After another five minutes of awkward silence with the teenager, we finally arrived at the restaurant, my spirits lifted to the skies.

"Table for 8 please!" Ha Eun excitedly called out, and pulled me inside. 

I ended up between Chanyeol and Tao. Chanyeol and I were probably the two most excited, happily cooking and piling meat on our own plates, but not sharing with any others. Then, there was this last piece of bacon left.

Bacon.

Last.

I saw Chanyeol eyeing it, and being Haewon, I hurriedly attempted to grab it but it ended up in Kris' grasp. Seeing my piece of bacon on his plate, I couldn't help but pout. I would do anything for meat. Even acting cute.

"Kris?" I put on the most adorable voice I could, and blinked at him.

Blink. blink. blink.

"... Here." He wordlessly 'flung' the piece of bacon onto my plate, and I cheered happily. "Thank you! You're the best-" only to be cut off when the tower beside me stole the bacon and ate it.

My mouth was open, as I tried to comprehend what had just happened. 

"Park Chanyeol. You did not just do that." Ha Eun spoke, pointing at me. 

I stared.

He blinked. 

I blinked.

He chewed.

I pouted.

"Oh my god Haewon, stop! I'll buy you anything you want alright just stop blinking those.. EYES at me.." Chanyeol threw up his hands in defeat, and I gave a small smirk. "Anything?" 

"Anything."