ENDLESSLY

You, Me and Forever.

Chapter 13

There’s no guarantee that this would be easy

It’s not a miracle you need believe me

I’m no angel, I’m just me but I will love you endlessly

Wings aren’t what you need you need me.

Endlessly – The Cab

Gerald: ENDLESSLY

 

       I can still feel Kimberly's soft lips in mine while I'm driving home now. I remember how her eyes lit up before she grabbed my head and kissed me, it makes me laugh. She really is cute and funny and so adorable. I can’t resist seeing her smile just as how her sweet soft lips are irresistable. Her kiss can be the mere reason I'm breathing. Like she’s pushing air into my lungs for me to keep breathing when she’s kissing me. But aside from kissing her and telling her that I love her, there are more things I wanted to do for her. Things that seem to be a mission since the moment I told her that I love her. I’m gonna show her the things that would make her smile. I’ll kiss away her tears. I’ll be a soldier to keep her safe and sound. I know I’m not an angel, I’m just me. But I swear to God, I will love her endlessly.

      In the early evening since Mom has asked Kimberly to go to church, I came to her apartment to picked her and to be with her because I'll go crazy alone thinking what she's doing. She wear a vintage sunday dress hued in pastel orange that ends on her knees. She wear wedge that makes her beat my height. She look so beautiful. I never paid close attention on how I look before but this time I swear I wanna see myself in the mirror. Am I good enough to stand next to this drop-dead gorgeous woman? I don’t think so which makes me stand a little unconfident with her. ‘You must came from a Vogue photo shoot.’ She just smiled and patted my arms before she took my hand as we enter the church.

      My Mom and Dad was already inside, they sat four seats close to the altar. They stand as they saw us. My mom was in all-smile. ‘Dad, this is Kimberly Chiu, my girlfriend. Kimberly, he's my dad..’ He shake her hands and give her a smile. ‘I'm Randolph Anderson.’ My mom and Kimberly hugged each other, and then I lead her to the seat next with my parents. The mass took an hour. But I wasn’t bothered the entire mass. It really is good to listen to God’s words when your heart is genuine enough. I spend my prayers thanking God for the series of blessings he's been giving to me.                  

     After the mass we had dinner together in an Italian resto my dad used to bring us. I really love how my Mom treats Kimberly. I can even sense a pang of jealosy when Kimberly laughs at her words. And how close they’d get along with each other in such a quick time. I love the sound of Kimberly's laugh, the sound of a sweet chuckle that is never forced nor over-acted.  My dad even cracked jokes on her and she'd laugh then. Now who are these adults were eating with? What did they do to my strict parents? But maybe I should ask who I am with. What did this girl next to me do to my parents? I don't need an answer. Perhaps I already know why. She's an angel, A chinese angel gift to me from up above.


    When I got home that night, Dad was drinking his for-sleep-wine at the bar counter. He pour a glass for me and told me he wanna talk to me. He does this when he's upset or something. I feel nervous. He's back to his old him before he met Kimberly. ‘Son, you made me proud today. I know you're grown up and you've had many girls with you already, but I never thought youre gonna settle down like this. Me and your Mom are so proud of you for choosing a charming woman like her.’ Wooooah.  Those are unexpected. I wanna punch the air with my fist. But, he wasn't done yet. I just smiled and sipped my drink. ‘You must be careful on her. Never take her into place or situation she doesn't agree with. Filipino women are fragile.’ ‘Oh! Dad, I know that.’ ‘RJ, knowing and understanding are two completely different things. If you care for something, you wouldn’t want to know, you would want to understand, to feel.’ He patted my shoulder with his free hand. ‘But I trust you, just be yourself son, listen and understand what your heart is saying. Be a man.’


      Man, my dad was so serious. I have my parents back. I have the most amazing girlfriend a man could have. What else can I ask? Oh God, thank you. I love my life.

 

-- END of Chapter THIRTEEN, GERALD's POV. --