Final.

Speechless

Kibum's love may have started the day when he met the boy. A tanned-skin, intimidating figure with gentle puppy-like round eyes which bored into his own and reached the deepest desires buried in the nooks crannies of his under developed brain. He couldn't speak a word, well of course he couldn't, god just didn't give him the capability.

Or maybe when their six year old little selves bought couple gloves in the smack dab middle of winter, when the snow was falling in large lumps.

"Key! Key! Key! Look what I found!" a hyper voice rang out in the shop. Kibum toddled over and a smile spread over his rosy cheeks when he saw the pair of reindeer gloves.


Or maybe it was that one time, oh he so vividly remembered, when they got the news they were going to the same middle school. Now 11, Jonghyun had screamed his head off and pointed excitedly to the letter of acceptance he had gotten. Kibum had been so scared for those two weeks when he had gotten the letter but his best-friend hadn't. Kibum almost had a so called "heartattack" for those 14 suspenseful days. Jonghyun had embraced him in a tight hug, and Kibum was afraid he could hear the wild thumping of his heart.

But then again, every day in high school that damn boy made his heart flutter, those teasing touches and cheerful smiles. His thick lips curving into a smile and his uncombed hair sticking up in random places, Kim Jonghyun was definitely what one would call, y.

Yet Kibum couldn't speak a word, well of course he couldn't, god just didn't give him the capability. 


He remembered the time he tried to cut himself in the school bathroom in his third year, Kibum was so fed up of his life, not being able to speak to anyone. Even Jonghyun was gone, they had not a single class together except lunch. But still during lunch, he sat alone, watching Jonghyun laughing with those popular jocks, his thick lips curving into so many dazzling smiles. He would get bullied and teased everyday, because of his blonde and black styled hair, and his thick eyeliner. All Kibum really wanted was to portray himself, in ways his mouth couldn't. He remembered how Jonghyun grabbed the blade so hard that it pierced his own skin and thrown it on the ground, eyes burning. How at first he screamed and shook the other by the shoulders, and then enveloped him into a rib-breaking hug. Jonghyun had been crying himself, his sobs sending shivers throughout Kibum's body.

"Don't ever do that again Kim Kibum. Don't ever do that again." he had breathed on the other's pale neck.


His heart was broken on the first day of senior year as he saw his ex best-friend smiling at a gorgeous woman, who he presumed to be his girlfriend. His heart broke and shattered like fragile glass to the pits of his stomach, he ran home, and he cried. He cried for his love of Jonghyun, for the last person that kept the barely audible beating in his heart going. His heart was now dead, broken, tattered, beaten, trampled on.


And then the one day in November of his senior year when the other had him backed up into a corner of the bathroom, arms on either side of his head. He was so upset at Kibum that day, for not telling him how the others grades were dropping, how he had stopped eating, how he had almost stopped living. Jonghyun had found out from the others mom who called him one afternoon, sobbing and weeping desperately into the phone.

"What the ..why didn't you tell me?!" Jonghyun yelled, banging his fist against the wall. Kibum flinched, biting his lip as tears threatened to flow out. 

"I've been so worried about you for 's sake! What's wrong with your face?! Why do you have bags under your flawless eyes?!"

Although Kibum wouldn't had liked to admit it, his heart skipped a barely audible beat when he heard those words. Jonghyun then traced a stubby finger across his jawline.

Something in Jonghyun's brain had clicked as he grabbed Kibum's wrist.

He felt Kibum wince in pain underneath him.

Oh no, oh no, damn he's not doing that again, oh ing god no. was all the other could think as he stared at the deep red cuts lining Kibum's milky white arms. He spotted a fresh one, bleeding.

He heard, rather felt a sob rack through the other's body

And so Jonghyun had roughly lifted Kibum's chin up and placed a forceful kiss on his lips, not a centimeter or space between their bodies. 

And Kibum still couldn't speak a word, well of course he couldn't, god just didn't give him the capability.

That night the other had texted him saying:

I'm sorry about that kiss. It was a mistake. Please don't get mad at me.

Kibum had felt like breaking his phone in half because he was in love with the biggest dumbo of the universe. 


The other had confronted him the next day. 

"Have you eaten well?" Jonghyun said, inspecting the boy carefully. Kibum nodded, and his eyes widened when the gorgeous girl came up behind Jonghyun, eyes twinkling.

"Opppaaa.." she whined. But Jonghyun had kept his eyes on the younger (by only two damned months).

"Oppppppaaaaaa.." 

Jonghyun cracked.

"What do you want JiHyo?!" 

The other frowned.

"Isn't that Kim Kibum? The mute and gay one?!"

Jonghyun frowned as the girl locked elbows with his. 

"Get off me." he snarled, pulling his arm away and taking Kibum's instead.

"He's my best-friend." 

"But oppa--"

"Don't you dare talk to me anymore. I didn't know you could be such a hateful ."

Kim Kibum had never been so guilty yet happy at the same time in his whole life.


Oh and the confession in late April when the flowers were blooming at the birds were tweeting their little melodies.

Kibum had regained full color in his face by then, he was back to smiling (but only rarely), and eating. Jonghyun was chasing him one day, because Kibum had stolen his music composition book.

"Don't you dare look in there Kim Kibum!" he yelled with a laugh.

Of course Kibum did.

He opened the book and he was utterly shocked to see his name in each small place that said Dedicated to:

A love song was there, a sad song, a song about friendship, everything.

Dedicated to him?!

"Yah Kibum-ah!" Jonghyun said, crashing in to him and knocking them both down.

"Did you s-see?!"

Kibum just smiled and shook his head, a blush rising to his cheeks.

Maybe his heart beat was a little more audible now.

Jonghyun's blinked twice.

"Umm..well.."

Kibum bit his lips at that time, telling himself he could do it. He leaned in and placed a shy kiss on the other's thick lips.

And Jonghyun's heartbeat was audible from a mile away.

Maybe it was better to let his eyes and action do the speaking because Kibum still couldn't speak a word, well of course he couldn't, god just didn't give him the capability.

Regardless of if he was able to speak or not, at that moment Jonghyun's wide smile blew both his breath and speech away.

For the infinitieth time in his life, he had been speechless.

But in a good way.


Cute little story I thought of :)

And I love Song Ji Hyo to death I didn't know what other name I could write so I used her. Ace Ji Hyo always <3

Comments are appreciated <3