Chapter One

Aurora
“Okay good job everyone! Let’s take a small break so no one faints!” I yelled over the blaring music and made my way to the small stereo tucked by the door. The mirrors were fogged up and the four other girls looked at me with pain contotring their faces. My heart almost stopped at the way Bong Cha was lying on the floor, her chest heaving as her breaths came in shallowly. I clapped my hands three times to gather their attention.
 
"We’re still not perfectly in sync yet. We cannot debut like this!” I told them, running a hand through my dark golden blonde hair that had hints of mahogany. It was blonde at the ends thanks to the sun and flat out not caring for it. I just let it do its own thing really.  Azami, our only Japanese member turned to the door. Her black hair tumbled over her shoulder; most of it wasn’t glued to her forehead or neck.  Crystal, the oldest of us furrowed her eyebrows together in distaste.
“Haven’t we done enough already! It’s been four hours and all you do is yell at us.”
 
She had started out yelling, but had softened up when our maknae, Bong Cha, covered her ears. She always did that when we argued, most of the time I hated it because what I was saying was important; this time I understood though. 
 
“I know this, thank you. If you didn’t notice I am also the person who said we should take a break and I’m going to go downstairs for drinks if you would ever let me finish talking.” I remarked my eyes glaring down at her. She was always trying to one-up me. But honestly I could see why she saw me as a foe.  I was recruited by SM and then was traded to JYP where I trained for two years, where Brand New Stardom and Woolliment fought over me, the obvious winner being Wooliment for they were a much larger company and had groups like ‘Infinite’, ‘Nell’, and ‘Tasty.’ She settled down completely at the sudden authority and sass in my voice. The rules were simple. I am the leader; she isn’t. 
 
“Orange juice”
 
“Water”
 
“Soda!”
 
“ drinks just bring me some meat!”
 
“No I want water too now!”
 
“Can we get candy?”
 
“SODA”
 
I chuckled and clapped three times. The four girls quieted down and I told them to rest while I went to go get drinks for them.

 

They walked in a group, which Sunggyu leading them, Dongwoo and Woohyun fooling around as usual, Hoya and Sungjong sticking together worse than newlyweds, with L and the choding walking beside each other. I knew that they had a fight, but I had been getting ready for a stage when it happened. Whatever it was must have been pretty serious for them to still not be talking to each other. Not to mention that the CEO thought we weren’t smooth enough during the ‘Man In Love’ today and we had to practice more. I just wanted to lie down and take a nap. This was seriously too much physical exercise for the day. Pushing the doors open to our company I headed us all into an elevator to our dance room. We arrived soon enough but I was a bit taken aback to see light creeping out from under the door. A shirt was stuffed into the circle viewing grail on the door. No matter. I marched toward our room and pulled open the door to find four girls lying around. My mouth opened in shock, and a small choking sound came out as I pointed to them.
 
“Wa-wae? Get out,” I stuttered and one of them laughed at me and rolled onto her side; completely disregarding me. That really infuriated me, it was bad enough people talked about my eyes but this was murdering my pride. We were Infinite, her sunbaes and she should have shown some respect. Luckily the other three stood up and bowed to us, and the last girl soon followed.

My sneakers made a screeching sound as I almost feel against the wall when three other trainees rushed down the hall. I didn’t say anything to them because honestly I was too worried about not dropping any of the drinks I had just paid for. Arms crossed holding a large variety of drinks I made my way up the stairs back to where the girls were waiting. A small grin touched my lips.

 

"I am such a good leader. Aigoo these kids should thank me a lot when I get back. Look at all this" I cooed to myself and kicked the door open and there was Infinite, standing in a group, staring critically at my members.

“Uhh...”
 
They all turned to look at me and I bowed with the drinks and immediately set them all down on the floor and crouched next down to them. Last time I had saw Sunggyu he had scolded me for being too loud and annoying and too much like Dongwoo, roaring through the halls. I was afraid he would remember, and to hide this I offered them drinks. They all took a drink and then I dispersed the remaining to my girls… which left me with nothing.
 
Crystal ran up to me and quickly gave me a rather loudly and briefly explained what was going on.
“They're kicking us out!” she yelled and the other three murmured in agreement, and our Bong Cha started crying about how unfair it was. 
My first thought was to have all of us lie in front of them and beg for mercy. Something nipped that thought in the bud though and all of a sudden it just seemed really pathetic.
 
“Why are you kicking us out?” I asked.
 
“It’s ours. Why are you guys in here?” Sunggyu retorted. For a kid who always stopped and stammered on TV he was surprisingly quick-tounged. 
 
“There aren’t any other rooms for us,” I said and he seemed shocked to see that I was trying to settle it civilly. Apparently he hadn’t expected the foreigner to be the leader.  He didn’t even remember the scolding.
 
"That doesn't explain why you're in our practice room," he said more as a general statement than aimed at me.
 
“That means we are in here because there is no other place for us to go. We already talked everything over with the CEO and he said we could use this room when you guys weren’t.” 
 
“But we need it now so you guys have to get it out.” He said as he his bottom lip. I knew he didn’t care so much anymore because we had the CEOS permission. 
 
I nodded and bowed as deeply as I could, within reason, hoping it would show my sincerity.
"Please let us use it more.”
 The other four girls stood behind me and I could feel their eyes on my back. I was hoping at least of them would have some sense to join me but they didn’t; I was a lone sheep in front of the wolves. I came up and looked at Sunggyu, who was currently scratching the back of his neck.
 
“I’m sorry. I know where you’re coming from, but we need to use it.”
 
He shifted from his left foot to the right and smiled at me.
I returned the smile and turned around to gather my things and I motioned for the others to do so. Except Crystal had to speak up right now and decide to throw a tantrum. 
 
“What? Why are you giving up so easily!? We need to practice more than we do. They've already debuted. They are successful, so why do they need this room? It doesn’t make any sense!”
 
 Her words continued to spill at out and fill the room with a bitter atmosphere. I saw the tears forming in the corners of eyes but she didn’t let them roll down, and eventually threw her head back to let them roll back into her eyes. Chun Hei, our member who was usually the most quiet put a hand on Crystals shoulder. 
 
“Stop and let’s just listen to our leader. This is for the best," she said softly.
 
Crystal shrugged her hand off and stomped the two feet to me and pushed my shoulder back. “This wouldn’t happen if you could stand up for us! You’re not fit to be leader. I’m older than you and I know what is best. You’re giving up our practice time. We don’t have any time to waste! Please do something!” She shook my shoulders. I pulled away from her by taking a step back but she continued her seige into my personal area.
 
“Let’s stop playing games now and get back to work! I have no time for this! Please. AISH this would not happen if I was leader. Seriously you’re just some foreigner who got lucky enough to get here. You probably won’t even debut with us anyway because you’re not Korean. You don’t have a place here.”