Final

I love you too, pabo

Hello, we are the shining SHINee!

The crowd of fans started screaming and we started our concert.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

It was late at night when we crashed into our dorm.  The maknae kicked his shoes off first and went to the kitchen. We heard the refrigerator opening and closing.

“Are you serious?  Still hungry?”

Minho laughed. Taemin showed his tongue and went to sit on the sofa in the living room. The maknae started eating ice cream when Minho sat next to him, trying to put his fingers into the can of cold dessert. 

“I’m going to my room, I’ll take a shower later.”

Onew left the corridor and walked to his room.

“Well, then I’m…”

“I’m going to shower.”

Key cut me off.  I closed my mouth. He looked at me and I felt my heartbeat fasten.

Even though we were tired after the concert, Key still looked fabulous. His eyes shone with happiness, his lips were curved into a smile and I could see dimples in his cheeks. My gaze stopped at his lips. I bet his lips are very soft. I would love to taste them. The smile started disappearing and Key’s lips started moving, opening and closing a bit. I snapped from my trance when I finally understood that he was talking. I felt my cheeks heat up and I looked up. I met a surprised look in his eyes and a cocked eyebrow.

“I asked, is there something on my face?!”

“Umm..N-no.”  

His eyes squeezed into tiny slits as he looked at me before leaving me in the corridor. I heard the door shut and sighed.

I like Key. No, that’s not the word. I love him. I always been friendlier with him than the others and not long ago I finally realized that I loved him.

I should have confessed but I was scared. Scared of his rejection, scared of what would happen after I confessed. Would he accept my feelings or would he reject them? Would we still be friends if he rejected me? I didn’t want to lose him. So I stayed quiet and enjoyed the moments that we had.

I sighed and went into the living room where Taemin and Minho were. They were still sitting on the couch but instead of eating ice cream, they were tickling each other. Taemin’s giggles filled the room and I smiled sweetly looking at the peaceful scene. I picked up my laptop and before leaving the room I glanced again at the two.

Minho laughed and pecked Taemin on the lips. The maknae blushed and giggled again, still tickling Minho’s stomach.

It wasn’t even a surprise to any SHINee members when the couple got lovey-dovey. Minho confessed to Taemin a few months ago and they started dating. They looked very happy and it seemed like they didn’t have any worries or problems at all. 

I wish I could be like that with Key. In a happy, romantic relationship, but the fear of rejection didn’t let me confess.

I walked to my and Key’s shared bedroom.

It was fun to have a room with Key: talking till late at night, playing games before going to sleep or just sharing worries. But sometimes it was frustrating for me. Especially those times, when Key would come into the room with only a towel around his lower regions, to find some clothes to wear. At times like those I couldn’t tear my eyes off his flawless body. I would look at him, devouring his body with my eyes, until he looked at me or left the room.

I got onto my bed and the computer. When the system was ready for work I opened my folders and went to “Music”. I took my earphones and put them in my ears. I clicked the button “Play all”. The music flowed into my head and I started whispering the lyrics. I closed my eyes and relaxed, letting the music take over my body and emptying my mind.

One song after another and I didn’t feel how time passed by. I glanced at the clock on the screen.

1:32Am.

.

I took off my earphones and heard steady breathing that didn’t belong to me. I looked to the side and saw Key peacefully sleeping in his bed. I got off my bed and went to the closet to get my pajamas out. I turned the light off. Before closing the door I glanced at the sleeping figure and smiled. Key looked so cute when he slept.

I striped off my clothes and got into the bath. I tried my luck and the hot water. Warm water started running. Well, it was a bit too cold for my liking but I was happy that I didn’t have to shower in freezing cold water. After a quick shower I dressed up and went back to my room. I quietly made my way to my bed. I turned my bedside lamp away from Key, and turned it on. Dim light filled the room. I looked at Key. His body was curled into a ball and the blanket wasn’t covering his upper body. He was dreaming something bad because I noticed how his eyebrows twitched and went to the middle. He squeezed his eyes and let out a whimper.

I went over to Key’s bed and took the blanket to cover his upper body. I looked at his face and slowly took a bang of hair away from his squeezed eyes. I slowly bent over and carefully kissed his forehead. Key didn’t wake up and I moved my head away from his forehead. Peace covered Key’s face. I went to my bed and turned off the light. I got under the covers and closed my eyes. After a few minutes of laying in bed, I felt how my body went numb and I was almost asleep.

“Jonghyun…”

I sprang up. Maybe he did wake up when I kissed him? My heartbeat fastened and I stayed still in my sitting position, waiting what he will say next.

“Jonghyun….please…”

“Don’t leave me…”

My eyes shot wide open and I heard Key mumbling something. Maybe he was still sleeping? I waited. My heartbeat got even quicker. Key stayed silent. I tried to understand what he meant by those words. Was he having a nightmare? I laid back in my bed and I heard Key shifting in his.

“Don’t..leave..”

I didn’t even think as I got out of my bed. I the bedside lamp to see and went to Key’s bed. He had a sad looks on his face.

“Don’t leave...” He mumbled.

I bent over without thinking and kissed him softly.

I liked the feeling of his lips against mine. I loved it.  I closed my eyes to feel only his lips. The feeling was addictive. I carefully his lips to taste them but quickly took my tongue in and just let my lips be on his.

At that moment when I kissed him I didn’t think about what would happen if he woke up. Nor did I think now. 

Key’s lips suddenly moved and fit them perfectly on mine, not letting any space be between them. I slowly opened my eyes and saw two pupils looking at me.

I couldn’t move from the shock. I stayed completely still waiting for him to shove me away, to destroy our friendship. Tears started gathering in the corners of my eyes at the thought of all the bad things that could now happen. I squeezed my eyes shut. A single tear rolled down my cheek. Key’s finger trailed down the wet path that the tear made and then his hand went to the back of my neck. Key slowly moved his hand up and down my neck in a soothing manner. I opened my tear-filled eyes and saw Key’s sleepy but happy ones. The boy started moving his lips.

I was in shock.

Did…Did he love me?

I got a hum from Key who was asking me to kiss him back. I slowly started moving my lips. The rapper pulled me closer and I climbed onto the bed not breaking the kiss. I hovered Key and closed my eyes kissing him softly and gently. My fingers tangled in his messy hair. Key moved his other hand to the back of my neck and pulled me closer. I kissed the corner of his lips and smiled.

“I love you.” I whispered.

Key kissed my cheek playfully.

“I love you too, pabo.”

I giggled and laid next to him. The rapper hid his face in my chest and I hugged him. After some minutes of silence I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

 

I was now the happiest person in the world.

 

------------------

A/N: Yay for this one-shot. Reading this again made me so emberassed xD So cliche and . Hope you enjoyed!