Chapter 1

A Gift of Friendship?

Hey Guys! Sorry I'm late. I was having technically difficulties. My computer is super ancient so I have issues with it sometimes. But here you go!

 

It was a hot summer day in August and as usual the sun had no mercy to those under its gaze.

Inside a newly built apartment complex lay a sixteen year old Jongsuk, eyes closed wallowing under the heat that was the summer day. Suddenly he snaps up to a sitting position, throwing his arms in the air.

“Gah! Why is the day so boring and HOT?!” he groaned as he looked around the room for something to do he noticed that his room was a little messy. Letting out a sigh, he decides clean up in attempt to distract himself.

It was only after 15 minutes, he was questioning if that was really the best choice since he felt like he was in an oven after all the movement.

“I really need to get that air conditioning fixed.” he opted to just drop to the floor and just lay there in attempt to cool down.

 

Just as he was about to get up he turned his head towards his bed giving him a view of what laid under it.

There lay a rectangular shadow caught his attention.

‘Hmm, what is that?’ he wondered.

Curious, he reaches for it and pulls out the object. He finds that it is his old middle school yearbook.

He couldn’t help the small smile that formed at the discovery of the item.

 

Almost automatically, he opens the book unconsciously searching for one name, Kim Woobin. As he opened the yearbook a wave of emotions flows through him. As the face from his past looked back at him with a small smirk. He couldn’t help but stare, studying the face that appeared before him.

 

 

With furrowed eyebrows his head snapped up, he realized he had spent half an hour staring at the boy.

The lump in his throat became increasingly obvious, as did the small pang that occurred in his chest at the thought of his crush of more than two years. He instantly closed the book blinking quickly to rid his heart’s overpowering shadows. He promised not to allow the darkness overcome his mind.

He took in a deep breath and with puffed cheeks released it slowly trying to calm himself down. He decided to go for walk to keep his mind preoccupied and from wandering to a certain male.

 

Unfortunately, the walk only allowed him more freedom to think about said male. It was then that a cool breeze passed him by, resurfacing memories of how it all began.

 



 

It was early October, though the weather had not been at its worse yet, a coat was most definitely a smart choice. Jongsuk had woken extremely late that morning, leaving him 3 minutes to catch the last bus.

Although he was grateful for the opportunity to study at a prestigious school under a scholarship, he did not always find the commute too enjoyable. It was his second term of his first year of middle school, and it seemed that a month after the break was not enough to get him back on his sleeping schedule. 

Within his dazed state, he simply ran out of the house and somehow, despite the cold morning air, managed to forget his coat as he left the warmth of his house. Soon after, the run to the bus station kept him somewhat warm and failed to notice his of the clothing.

It wasn’t until he was coming aboard the vehicle that he noticed he didn’t have his coat on, which also meant that he didn’t have his bus pass with him or his wallet.

‘Aish, pabo!’ he cursed himself in his mind. He quickly bowed and apologized to the bus driver swiftly turning to get off.

‘I can’t go back home now, I’ll be late for sure.’ he bit his lip. He decided to start walking quickly since he would be late regardless.

 

Just then a car passes by him, stopping a few feet in front of him.

 

“Yah! Dongsaeng!” he heard a familiar voice yell causing him to turn. In the car sat a girl with long brown hair and a large grin.

“Boa!” he screamed running towards his sister, startling some of the pedestrians. “Can you please take me to school I forgot my wallet and bus pass and I’ll be late if I walk or even run!” he screamed in a single breath as he continued to run to her.

She laughed, “Well, hurry and get in the car then and remember to breathe.”

“Yeah, sorry.” He replies as he scoots into the passenger seat.

“I don’t get why you didn’t just wait for me.”

“....Habit…I forget sometimes.” he mumbles out, resulting in a sigh from his sister.

“I know…it’s hard for me too.” She pauses. “I know it’s even harder on you being so close to mom, and especially since I’ll be leaving soon. But you know I’ll always be there for you, right?” she speaks in a soft tone reminding Jongsuk a little of his mother.

“Yeah… I know. Thanks noona.” And he really meant it.



It was now after school and he had to skip studying at the library for the day since his sister would have to pick him up.

Jongsuk immediately felt a chill surge through his body as he stepped foot out of the building. He tried to take up as much time packing up, but unfortunately he was still going to have to wait at least another 15 minutes in front of the school.

The front of the school seemed deserted since he students were either in their late study sessions, or had left the campus already. It was nearly 7pm and the cold was starting to take over the night, leaving Jongsuk shivering in the darkness surrounding the campus.

 

He was so concentrated on thinking about how cold he was that he nearly had a heart attack when a voice erupted from behind him. As he turned he saw an older boy that looked kind of scary.

 

“If you’re trying to slowly freeze to death, I guess that’s one way to do it.” The boy chuckled. “I don’t think it’s very smart though.”

Releasing a final sigh as he recovered from his mini heart attack, Jongsuk responded

“ah I’m ju-ust  w-waiting f-for my s-s-sister to p-pick me up.”  

“Even so, she’ll want you alive, no?”

Jongsuk gives him a confused look, which results in a chuckle from the strange boy.

 

“No jacket?” the boy inquires.

“F-forgot it” he mumbles, a blush creeping to his cheeks. He still can’t believe he was stupid enough to forget something so essential.

 “Well, I’m not sure how you were able to forget something so important.”

 

‘That’s what I’m saying’ he thinks, pouting a bit.

 

“I didn’t n-notice until I was b-boarding the b-bus.”

“So... Why aren't you just taking the bus now?”

Jongsuk can’t help but bow his head in embarrassment. ‘This guy’s going to think I’m an idiot or something.’

 

"M-my wallet and b-bus pass w-were in my c-coat...” He muttered quietly, in hopes the other wouldn't hear him.

.....

….

….

 

Then a burst of laughter was heard.

“You’re a silly guy, you know that?"

 

Surprised at the response, Jongsuk raised his head giving him a good look at the strange boy.

There was nothing extraordinary about the male. He didn’t as scary anymore, especially while laughing.  He wasn't the typical flower boy with perfect features, but Jongsuk couldn't deny that he was good looking.

 

"How long are you stuck out here waiting?"

 

Taking a glance at his phone he sees only a few minutes have passed.

"Ab-bout 10 m-more m-minutes."

 

"Hmm...well... then...” He begins to take off his jacket.

 

".....Here you go." he reaches out a hand with a hoodie in hand.

 

Jongsuk simply stands there watching the extended arm.

 

"Ha-ha it's alright, take it. I also have a pair of gloves in the pockets." He finishes with a smile.

Jongsuk can't help but think 'He has a cute smile'

 

He decides to finally put it on, feeling the warmth slowly take.

 

“Th-thank you. I’ll m-make sure to ret-turn them.”

“Don’t worry about it. I have more at home.” he smiled.

 

“Well, I better get going. See you around I guess.” and he starts walking away.

 

“Thanks again!”

 

“Good-Bye, Jongsuk-ah.” he waves back without turning around.

 

‘He knows my name?’

 


A/N: So guys again sorry. I know it's not great, but I still think it was better than the first time. Feel free to comment and thank you for sticking around! I also welcome my new subscribers! ^^ Have a nice day Everyone!