INTO YOUR WORLD

That girl

 

“Mom, dad… please let me pursue my dream and travel back to Korea...” I said while trying to stop myself from sobbing.

Her dad slaps her on her face “Why won’t you listen to us!!!! We only wanted the best for you and the best for your future is to take up business management and not to be like your brother who is a worthless artist in Korea!!”

“But dad! I wanted to be like my brother … please dad… please… I’m begging you.” I kneeled down while whimpering and touching my swollen cheek.

“Danmi please listen to us, listen to your father’s decision for you we only think of what’s best for your future my dear child…” her mother said softly while trying to calm her down.

“But mom this is the only thing I’ve asked from you and dad, why won’t you let me? I always follow what you wanted me to be I don’t think you treat me as your daughter anymore, since birth I’m the second best and you order me to do things like I’m a robot!!! “I said while sobbing

“How can you be famous in Korea and even worldwide if you don’t even know how to manage yourself? Look at yourself!!! And now tell me?? “Danmi’s dad shouted.

Danmi run to her room upstairs and lay down on her bed and crying.

Why can’t they let me be what I wanted to be? Why are they always making me feel like a prisoner?  IM TIRED OF ALWAYS FOLLOWING THEIR ORDERS, THIS IS THE REASON WHY MY BROTHER LEFT AMERICA IT’S BECAUSE OF THEM.I KNOW IM UGLY AND I GOTTA HAVE THE LOOKS IF I WANTED TO BE A FAMOUS ARTIST.

*tok.tok.tok.*

*DOOR CREAKS AS IT OPEN*

“Danmi, sorry for being so strict to you dear child...we only wanted what’s best for you, but if you really wanted to pursue your dream... I will help you. “Mom said.

Danmi sighed. “Mom, what dad said was true. I can never be famous just because of my talent I got to have looks.”

“I know, I know. Danmi I will help you to go back in Korea, I won’t do the same mistake that I did to your brother. “Mom said while wiping her tears.

Somehow, I felt a little bit happy. My mom never disobeys what my dad says but now she is willing to even though she will be at risk.

I hugged her. “Mom doesn’t cry right?, I know that my bro never hated you and dad, He just got angry when dad and you didn’t support him to pursue his dreams but now maybe he already forgive you.”

My mom looked at me in the eyes. “Danmi I will help you change but first you need to travel back to Korea, I’ve already have booked you a flight for tonight, prepare your things and papers.”

I never thought mom would disobey my dad’s orders, but knowing that she can just to help me made me feel happy and proud that she is my mom.

I hugged her. “Mom! Thank you so much. I love you mom and dad also, please mom tell him I’m sorry, sorry for disobeying him for the first time.”

She stood up and leaves me alone in my room.

I dialled my brother’s number.

*click* Hello bro? Yeah... This is me... Danmi… What’s your address there in Korea? I am going to Korea this evening… No, no need for you to pick me at the airport, yeah I can handle myself. Yeah, bye.

I miss my bro and my best friend. For so many years, I will finally see them again tomorrow.