Final

Mistaken

 

Since I was a kid, I never had interest in opposite gender.

 

I walk pass the field looking at the soccer team practicing intensively.

 

‘’Hey hyung’’ Jongup greeted me with a smile.

 

‘’Oh, Jongup! Having a break from the field? Mr. Song must have it hard on you huh?’’

 

‘’ I don’t mind actually since the game is around the corner’’ he chuckled.

 

‘’ Oh I see good luck on the game then!’’

 

‘’Thanks hyung. Oh I got to go back, see you later Daehyun hyung!’’

 

I watch as Jongup jogged back to the field. He was wearing a black tank top; it made his perfect-looking muscle shown. ‘’I wish I had those muscles’’ I squeeze my arm and sigh. After leaving the school compound, I walk straight towards the nearest bus stop.

 

I thought my interest in same gender were just simply admiration. As I got older, I realize that it isn’t normal. Gosh, umma will be upset if I’m gay. And recently I discovered that I’m not! Yay! Oh, speak about cheesecake, it’s her! Just look at that long wavy brown hair, her golden ratio face and that sculptured chubby cheekbones. I wonder if they’re soft, she look so cute. I squealed, manly. Even the way she just stood there as she’s waiting for the bus was drop-dead beautiful. Maybe she’s a model, judging by her heights. Hmm, I’ve been seeing her at this bus stop a lot lately; I don’t know what her name is or which school she goes too but damn! I think I like her. ‘If I like girls, that mean I’m not gay right? ’ I asked myself as I steal a few glances from her.

 

‘’Oh-hoh, are you a highschooler? Wow, you’re cute. Hey, want to hang out with oppa?’’ a man with dark purple hair approached and asked her. ‘’ Rather than going home now, why don’t you hang out with oppa,mm?’’ But the girl still ignores him. ‘Wow his flirting skill is sooo down the drain’ I scoff. ‘’ Hey, don’t ignore me. Come on tell me, what is your name?’’ he still tries to get her attention, he even grabbed her wrist. Ok,I had enough of this . I went towards the man and tapped his shoulder. ‘’ Hey, will you stop that? You’re obviously bothering her.’’ I said.

 

‘’HUH? What the hell is your problem?!’’ the man barked. I cursed internally. Dammit, I don’t want to get into troubles but it. ‘’ It’s none of your business so go away!’’ and lifted his fist.

 

‘’So annoying…..’’ the girl mumbles and kick his manhood. The man fall to the ground holding his kicked area, he grunts in pain.‘’ Sorry, but no one likes a who doesn’t know how to back off~’’ she flashes a sheepish smile. ‘’Now, let’s go before he gets up!’’ as she grabbed my wrist and we fleet away.

 

‘’ I think we’re safe now’’. ‘’Yeah’’ I chocked out, trying to catch my breath. Man, this girl got stamina! ‘’ Thanks for saving me back there,’’ she said.  ‘’Nah, I think I’m the one who’s being save. What the heck was that?’’

 

‘’Heheh. Sorry but when I can’t control my temper; I tend to lash them on someone else. I must have scared you huh?’’

 

‘’N-not really’’ I scratch my head.

 

‘’Well, I should be going now’’

 

‘’W-wait!’’ I gasped out. She blinks her big doe eye and hummed at me. ‘’This is my chance now! Chances like this come once in a lifetime!

‘’UHH.. I know you don’t know who I am. I might even freak you out right now. But my name is Jung Daehyun! I like you for a while now, please be my girlfriend!’’   I- I said it.

 

But all I received was a chuckle from the girl. ‘’I’m sorry, I think there is a misunderstanding here.’’ She smiled at me.

 

‘’M-misunderstanding?’’ Ok I’m lost. About what?

 

‘’I’m flattered by your honest confession but-‘’ she paused and pulled my wrist ‘’-I’m a male’’ and she, pressed my palm against her flat chest. ‘’See no ie’’

 

‘’ EEEEEHHHHHHHHH?’’

 

‘’ You see, I like to crossdress as a hobby so that’s why I’m dressing as a girl. I mean can’t you tell by my voice?’’ Well, her voice seems to be low…

 

‘’ Wait.. Time out time out.. S-so that means I’m GAY?! Aigoo! Umma mianhe!!’’ I kneeled down, with both my hand on the ground (OTL)

 

‘’Haha.. You are so interesting. I never met someone who acted like that after I confess I’m a male. You even called out for your umma’’ he laugh. ‘’Hey let me tell you something, even though I dressed like this, I never have interest in guys, but I think you’re something. And I don’t mind going out with you.. That is if you don’t mind me being a male.’’ He said as he bent down a bit, he extended his arm at me. I thought about it for a while. Man, I hope I made a right decision.

 

‘’O-ok’’ I mumbled. I took his hand and dusted myself. ‘’Oh, I haven’t introduced myself yet. My name is Yoo Youngjae. Nice to meet you, Jung Daehyun.’’ He smiled.

 

‘’Yeah.. Nice to meet you too. So.. should we like.. Exchange numbers or something?’’

 

‘’Ok!’’ We exchanged our number. Later, that night we text each other. I got to know him more, he has such a unique character, I never met anyone like him in my life. He even told me that he was going to wait for me by the school gates tomorrow.

 

The next day…

Finally! The last bell rang. School today felt like forever. I pack my bags and heads to the school gate. I saw no familiar figure from yesterday until I felt a soft tap on my shoulder. ‘’Looking for me?’’ the voice said. I turned and saw that familiar face, but in different attire. ‘’ You really are a dude!’’ I said.

 

‘’What? You still don’t believe me?’’ he puffed his cheek. ‘’Do I need to show you ma to prove it?’’ he exclaimed and point toward his pants but later on burst into giggles. I blushed when he holds my hand, and of course I held it back.

 

Damn. He looks cuter as a male. And my fast heart rate doesn’t seem like it going to slow down any time sooner.

 

 

-The END-