Into the New World

Clouds

Jessica POV:

The new house was unexpectedly large and spacious; I liked it. I walked along the walls, my hand dragging across the cool smooth wall behind me. 

I fully toured around the house before ending up at the back door. I grabbed the ring of keys in my bag and found the key that would unlock it. As I was inserting it into the lock, the door had already pushed itself open.

" That's weird. He must've forgotten to lock it, " I thought, shrugging it off as I walked into the nature-filled backyard. There were trees lining the fence, leaving a large, plain, grassy land in the middle. Following the path that lead further into the backyard, I spotted a large tree that stood out from all the others. A giant box, made of wood, seemed to be sitting atop.

" It's probably a tree house, " I thought to myself. I walked towards the over-towering tree and saw ladders that lead up to the top. I put my bag and phone down and began climbing up the unstable ladder. 

Nearly reaching the top half of the tree, I slightly looked down to see how far I was from the ground. The view made me light headed and I took a clumsy step, falling off the footholds and making my way back down to the ground. Before even letting out a scream, I felt myself fall onto a soft cushion. I unclenched my hands and opened my eyes to reveal a cozy, darkly-lit room.

" Am... am I dreaming? " I questioned, my voice echoing quite loudly. I covered my mouth and collected as much energy as I could to get up. Looking around the mysterious room, I pinched myself.

" Ow!!! I guess this is actually happening, " my voice echoed once more as I spoke. I fixed my clothes and started to make my way towards the door. Tiny candles lit the small room I was in and the aroma was sweet and alluring. 

When I reached the door, I found it to be slightly opened. Similar to the backyard door... 

I entered and a strong wind blew towards me. The wind nearly blew me off my feet and my hair was a totally mess. I let out a frustrated groan as I straightened my hair and fixed my clothes. 

I looked back up and was entirely shocked by the view; my mouth dropped open at the sight. I turned back around only to find that the door I had just entered had just disappeared. Trying to take everything in, my steps were slow and light.

It was extremely bright in this mysterious place; I had to squint to let my eyes adjust. Clouds seemed to be so close that if I just lifted my arms, I could hold them. The ground smelled fresh and relieving and tiny multi-colored flowers sprung out. 

The sound of falling water caught my attention and I turned my head to follow it.

" Woah... " I breathed out. A wide and large waterfall was rushing down fast, yet so gracefully. Forgetting the colorful flowers, I walked over to the edge of the grass. Where the waterfall ended was fairly deep and seemed to get darker as it continued.

While enjoying the beautiful scene, a little figure came into sight. It was jumping towards the rocks, following the path. It seemed to be going down and soon disappeared into the darkness.

" Are you a new comer? " an angelic voice spoke from behind. I turned around and was immediately captivated by the beautiful face before me. I was left speechless.

" I'm taking that as a yes, " she let out a soft giggle. " Well, you won't be lost anymore. Please follow me, " she gestured to the side. Absent mindedly, I walked before her and she caught up to my side.

" Welcome to Synnefo, " she announced in a loud and proud voice. I awkwardly smiled, taking a look at this beautiful world. " It means 'cloud' in Greek. I'll be showing you why in a little bit. "

" So I'm in a different world?... " I asked, looking up at the sky. She laughed at me.

" No you're not in a totally different world. We just decided to call it that because as soon as you step foot into this place, it feels like you're on a cloud, " she explained, using crazy and excited hand motions. I nodded and for a moment I was lost in thought.

" ... Right? " she asked. I looked up at her. What did she ask?

" Oh! Yes; yes it does. It's really different, but I really like it, " I replied. She put on a satisfied smile and started walking, me following suit.

" By the way, I'm Sooyoung. Choi Sooyoung, " she introduced, turning around to smile and bow her head. I repeated her name in my head a few times. Strangely, it was just a regular Korean name. Since she lived in a place like this, I kind of thought that her name would be more... fantasy-like? 

" Nice to meet you, Sooyoung. I'm Jessica Jung, " I smiled back, returning the bow. She looked at me weirdly.

" Are you a foreigner? " she asked. The way she said it felt so... not right. But nonetheless, I nodded.

" I was born in America but moved to Korea while I was still little. So I've been in Korean for most of my life, " I explained. A smile started to creep onto her face.

" I've always wanted to guide a foreigner!!! " She screamed happily, bouncing up and down while clapping her hands. I awkwardly stood next to her as she celebrated. After she finally calmed down, we started walking again.

" Sorry, I'm just a little excited. Oh yeah! Forgot to tell you, " she cleared before starting again, " I'm Choi Sooyoung, your tour guide. I will be with you for as long as you want and as long as you need, " she put on a kind smile and bowed her head once again. I bowed back.

" Welcome to Synnefo, a 'world' far and different from yours. How this world came to be is a mystery and, in fact, still is. You're very lucky you made it here; only a few under a hundred come here every now and then. And I'm guessing you must've found the portal too, right? " I stared at her confusingly, trying to remember some sort of portal. I shook my head.

" Yes you did, silly. The tree house!! " I nodded my head in remembrance of me falling. How had I forgotten that already?

" Well, these portals are hidden and are usually in high places, " she turned her head from side to side, checking for anyone. She leaned in and whispered into my ear, " This is a secret but, when people usually try to commit suicide by jumping off a building, the portal brings them here! " She leaned back and opened wide, her arms extended out in front of her, as if she was expecting a huge reaction. I gasped.

" Really? " I asked. She nodded, bringing her arms back to her sides as we started walking again.

" As I was saying, these portals are very rare and are spread out from each other. Mine was in an unusual place... " she leaned in again.

" My school's rooftop. I was with my boyfriend and he was about to kiss me!! My first kiss! But since I was so nervous, I fell back and ended up here. "

" Really? Then why didn't he follow you in? " I asked, interested in this story.

Her smile started to fade, " Once you enter the portal, it closes up for 48 hours. "

I nodded. This place is very interesting. After thinking about her story, I asked her an obvious question, " Then why didn't you go back? " She paused in her tracks, then continued to walk. Her smile was officially gone.

" Ah! This is a very famous place to visit. The clouds. "

I followed her pointing finger, my eyes widening from the huge and fluffy cloud right in front of my very eyes. I reached out to it and it hugged around my fingers.

" Whenever you feel tired, sick, or upset, this is the best place to go. Resting your head on this cloud covers you with good memories and thoughts. It's very affective, " she took me by the hand and led me up into the cloud.

 

 

When I woke up the next day, I realized that I was still in Synnefo. Lazily, I stood up and looked around, finding myself back inside the small room I was in after I had fallen from the tree house. I stepped forward and suddenly--

" AHH!!! " I looked down to see Sooyoung laying on the ground, cuddled up in a thin blanket.

" Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! I didn't see you there, " I apologized, helping her sit up. She shook her one of her hands while holding onto her right leg.

" I knew sleeping on the couch would've been a better idea, " she laughed at herself, standing up.

" Well, since we're both awake now, shall we get going? " she asked, stretching her arms. I nod and wait to follow her. After letting out a long yawn, she lead the way to the door. Again, as soon as we left out the door, I turned around to find the door nowhere in sight.

" Where did the door go? " I asked. Sooyoung turned around, coming to my side.

" It's right there, " she pointed straight, saying as if it was obvious. I squinted my eyes, trying to concentrate. Still no door.

" Just kidding!! " she slapped my arm, laughing out loudly. I glared at her and walked off by myself.

" Oh, come on, " she teased, following behind. " The door will be back when we come back, don't worry about it. " I kept walking but then stopped.

" How did we end up back in there? Weren't we sleeping in the clouds last night? " I questioned, facing her. She nodded.

" Correct. I brought you back, " she blankly stated, walking ahead of me. I followed behind, forgetting off the useless topic.

" Where are we going? " I asked. She smiled at me brightly, showing her perfect straight-white teeth.

" The tour has just started, " she exclaimed in an excited voice, quickening her pace.

---

It had been hours since Sooyoung had started the tour. The two girls finally settled down in a restaurant near the waterfall.

" Wow, this place is really amazing, " Jessica complimented, taking a look at the beautiful scenery. Sooyoung nodded in agreement.

" This is why we love to have new comers. We give them a tour around the place and when it's time for their leave, we hope they'll tell their friends and families so they, too, could get a look at this amazing place, " the taller girl informed, bringing her arms above her head.

" Ahh~~ the air here is nice, " Sooyoung sang, stretching back in her chair. As the night went on, the two girls sat there, enjoying their food and each other's company. And, well... of course the view.

 

Narrator POV:

As a week started to pass, Jessica had lost track of time, liking the new place more than she had expected.
Before knocking on the door to Sooyoung's house, she heard voices inside. She decided to stay quiet and wait.

" You know you can't be doing this! " A girls voice spoke loudly. Jessica tried her best to not eavesdrop but didn't really have a choice since the two were talking so incredibly loud.

" Yuri, I know. But... I- I think I'm starting to like her... " The tall girl's voice was shy and embarrassed. The girl named 'Yuri' let out a sigh of defeat, collapsing onto the couch.

" ' Rule number 1: NEVER get attached to a new comer. ' Come on Sooyoung, I know you're better than this!! "

There was a short silence after the mentioning of rules.

" I. I don't know. It's just that... she makes me feel different... " Jessica leaned in, forgetting about the word 'privacy'.

" And since you've broken rule 1, it'll lead you into breaking rule 2, then 3! Sooyoung, you have to stop now, " Yuri grabbed Sooyoung by her shoulders, trying to shake some sense in her.

" What are rules 2 & 3? Is it really that bad? " Jessica thought to herself.

" I'm just telling you this so that you don't get hurt. Jessica's stay was supposed to end 3 days ago. If this goes on any longer, the Lords will come knocking on your door. "

" Jessica? Me? Sooyoung likes me? ... who are the Lords? "

" You think letting her go wouldn't hurt me? Yuri, if you were really trying to not hurt me, you would help me get her out of here! " Sooyoung burst out, her tears running down her face. Jessica was fighting the strong urge to barge in and begin asking questions but she was suddenly startled by the taller girl's cries.

" Sooyoung-ah. "

" You know I've been through the same situation. Sooyoung... you're just going to have to give up, " Yuri's voice was sorry yet serious. She patted the sobbing girls back, bring her into a hug.

" I don't think I can do that, " Sooyoung cried into her shoulder.

Before she could hear any more, Jessica ran back to her house, confused by the whole situation.

" Me? Sooyoung likes me? But.. but I thought she said she had a boyfriend. How long has it been since I've been here? ... TWO WEEKS?! " The confused girl ran into her house and locked the door behind. She paced back and forth for hours, trying to figure things out.

" Okay, so rule one is to never get attached to the a comer. Which is me in this case, " Jessica scribbled onto a piece of paper. " But what are rules 2 & 3? Never... never - UGH, I don't know! " She threw the pen furiously at the table, leaning back into her chair.

" Lords... who are the Lords? The people in charge of this world? Why would they go to Sooyoung's house? For... liking me? " The thought of it caused the brunette's heart to beat faster.

* knock, knock, knock *

Jessica flinched and almost fell out of her chair. She picked up the pen and hid the piece of paper before walking over to the door and opening it to reveal the tall and frail body of her tour guide.

" S-Sooyoung! What're you doing here? " Jessica asked nervously, clenching the door handle. Sooyoung gave a sweet smile and entered the room without answering. Bitterly closing the door, Jessica followed. The taller girl took a seat and patted the empty spot next to her. Swallowing the lump in , Jessica took the seat.

" Earlier you said you were coming, but I guess you forgot, " Sooyoung said, crossing her legs.

" O-oh yeah! That was today? Haha, I guess I did forget, " The brunette unskillfully lied, forcing a smile on her face.

Sooyoung breathed out heavily. " Jessica, there's something I have to tell you. "

 

Jessica POV:

I patiently sat there, waiting for her to speak. It must've been minutes before she started.

" Okay, I know this might sound really weird and crazy, but... I like you Jessica. " The way she said it just had so much... warmth in it. " And because of these feelings, I can't have you stay here any longer, " she faced me and grasped my shoulders. " You have to get out of here, Jessica. Or else they'll do something to you. " 

I was so confused. " Who? What? What will they do to me? " I asked. 

She looked at me with worried eyes. " If you don't leave now, they'll come searching for you. Did you really think they'd let you leave so easily after staying so long? Jess, once your 'stay' is over, you're supposed to leave. but if not, I'm suppose to bring you to the Lords. They take you into this strange room and erase every bit of your memory. Then they keep you in this world, Jess. It's as if your a new born baby, " she hurriedly explained. She had totally lost me at this point.

" Then... then how do you know all of this? Didn't they do the same to you? "

She nodded, " I guess you could call me lucky. They missed the recent bits of memories I had. I don't remember much of anything from the younger days of my life. "

" So she did remember having a boyfriend. Wait! This isn't the main point right now! " 

I stood up, searching for the piece of paper I had written on earlier. I handed it to her, facing away. She hesitantly took it.

" I'm sorry I was eavesdropping, but what are rules 2 & 3? " She looked at me surprised. Shouldn't have asked her...

" You don't need to know! What you need to do is get out of here! My friend is off to tell the Lords what I'm about to do! " Her voice shocked me. She breathed out and stood up.

" What if I- "

" CHOI SOOYOUNG!!! " a loud and thunderous voice cut me off. Sooyoung grabbed my wrist and started running towards a different direction.

" Where are we going? Isn't there only one door? " I asked. She shushed me, running faster and faster. I looked behind me and saw the door burst open. Sooyoung led us to a different door and we were suddenly out by the waterfall. Running hand in hand, we neared the water before Sooyoung suddenly fell.

" Ah!! " she screamed. I looked down to see a cut on her leg with some blood coming down.

" Sooyoung! " I helped her get up, wrapping one of her arms around my neck for support.

" Hurry! They'll find us! " she scolded, pushing off of me. I looked down to see the bloodied cut no longer visible. What the...

" CHOI SOOYOUNG!!!! " the horrifying voice rang again; this time even closer. We're stuck at a dead end! There was no where to run; the only other way was the waterfall. 

" Sooyoung, it's a dead end! " Three huge and strong men came riding on stallions towards us.

She turned around to face me, immensely sweating. " I can't promise that we'll be together but I can promise you one thing: I'll always be there for you; just look for me in the clouds. "
She was then grabbed by her wrist. I tried interfering but was soon stopped by a pair of lips pressing against mine.

" I love you Jessica Jung. " After I saw tears falling from her eyes, she suddenly pushed me, sending me down into the waterfall.

" NOO!!!!! " the mans voice roared. I was too shocked to even scream. What was happening?!

There was a loud thump as I fell onto my bottom. I looked around and noticed that I was sitting in the tree house I had tried reaching weeks ago. I was sweating like crazy and my legs were unstable and wobbling as I stood up. I wiped the sweat off my forehead and hurried down the ladder. Forgetting how weak it was, I climbed down too fast and cause the the ladder to break, sending me all the way back down to the ground. When I reached the floor, I landed on a stick, which had left a gash in my leg. The sight immediately reminded me of Sooyoung. I looked up into the sky, searching for her. And sure enough, after looking hard enough, I was able to spot a pair of wings. Tears rolled down my face.

 

-Flashback-

" You know what I've always wanted to do? " Sooyoung asked, rolling over onto her back.

" What? " I replied, rolling onto my back as well. She stretched out her arms and moved them softly, as if she was flying.

" Fly. "

I laughed at her.

She put down her arms and glared at me. " What's so funny? I just want to know how it feels, " she gave me a dirty look, sitting up.

" But still... don't you think it's kind of cheesy? " I asked.

She shook her head. Awkward...

" Let's learn one day, together, " she spoke with enthusiasm. I sat up, thinking about it.

" Sure, " I replied.

She smiled, hugging me tightly. " It's going to be so much fun. "

---

 

When was that day suppose to come, Sooyoung? Today? Tomorrow? I just hope you're okay...
I wrapped my arms around my knees, thinking about her over and over again. The more I remembered, the more the tears fell. Her voice, her face, her personality. And especially her confession.

" I love you too, Choi Sooyoung. "

 

 

 

 


 

Well... that's the end. );

Sorry if it felt a little rushed, because it did to me. ><

Hope you liked it and please look forward to my

other stories  coming out. ( As soon as I 

finish my other stories. ) 

There will be a YoonYul & a JeTi. ^^

Thanks for reading my stories that don't update!! Ahahaa.

I'll try my best!! (; Thanks & Love you subbies ~

- ilovekpop777

 


Edited July 7, 2013 by LilTbear373... :D

Poster added July 23, 2013 :P