The Big Day

Red Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sohyun’s P.O.V

 

7 hours. I’ve been awake for the whole 7 hours, 30 minutes, and 15 seconds. 7 hours. I’ve been trying to hold my tears for 7 hours, 30 minutes, and 15 seconds.

 

I could not hold myself back any longer. I want to cry so bad, but I remember how much effort my in-laws had put to make myself look beautiful.

 

I hung my head low, hoping that a miracle would come. Just like what you guys are expecting, miracles don’t come that easily.

 

Just before I start sobbing, I heard a high-pitched creak through the door.

 

Normal P.O.V

 

“Good morning darling,” the young lady happily chanted.

 

“Morning, Unnie,” replied Sohyun.

 

“Goodness! What’s with that look?” she gasped, “You should be smiling, my dear. It is your wedding day, after all.”

 

Sohyun sighed and fake-smiled to her sis-in-law.

 

“Hehehe~”

 

Her sis-in-law, Yewon, could not take it anymore. She grabbed her by the hand and took an extreme deep breath.

 

“Sohyunnie,” she murmured, “I know that it’s hard for you to get married at such a young age, and even to someone that you don’t even love.”

 

Sohyun sighed deeply and began to hung her head low.

 

“It’s ok, Unnie,” she answered, “I’m ok.”

Yewon raged and rolled her eyes, “It is not about you’re being ok or not ok, Sohyun!”

 

“This is marriage that we’re talking about.” she whispered. 

 

Sohyun gradually hung her head lower and Yewon began to hear sobs from her hair-covered face.

 

“I just, “ she sobbed, “Don’t know what to think anymore, Unnie.”

 

Yewon held her hand tight, pulled her head over, and let her hung her head on her shoulder.

 

“It’s ok, darling,” she coaxed, gently petting her light orange hair, “I’ve been to that many times before.

 

Sohyun’s sobs had slowly turned into unstoppable tears. She sunk her head deeper onto Yewon’s shoulder ad cry harder as Yewon told the story of her marriage.

 

“You know,” she chattered, “Zico was not my cup of tea.”

 

Sohyun raised her head up, and with a confused look she replied, “Who is Zico?”

 

“Your former brother-in-law,” she answered.

 

Sohyun gave her another confused look.

 

Yewon gave up and sighed, “My ex-husband.”

 

“You’re married?” Sohyun exclaimed.

 

Yewon ahem-ed and looked away from Sohyun.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter