괜찮겠니 (Will You Be All Right)

괜찮겠니 (Will You Be All Right)

image

"Although all the articles have been pressed down by the company, but this is not going to last. The cat will be out of the bag anytime soon."

Jintaek directed it to the two artistes under his management. The couple had their fingers entwined. Hyunseung tried to pull his hand away when Jintaek noticed their hands. But Junhyung clenched his hand even tighter around his lover.

"Then let it be out."

"No!"

Hyunseung looked at his lover with a frightened and bewildered look. The couple had went through this once before, and Junhyung's fear from that time was still deeply carved into Hyunseung's mind. Junhyung loved composing and it was his dream to be an idol. Hyunseung didn't want Junhyung to lose that light of hope in his life.

"Seung, I don't want to go through all that anymore. I'm tired of lying."

"But-"

"Junhyung, do you know what you are putting on risk if you were to come clean to the media and fans?"

Jintaek sighed and covered his right face into his palm.

"I know."

"No, you don't!"

Hyunseung jumped up his seat.

"Jun, we went through so much to get to where we are right now. I don't want to give up now."

Junhyung rose from his seat too.

"Yes, we went through so much. Including lying to the fans about our uality. Telling them I am straight and love females. Then just when a fortune teller predict that I will have a rough love life, I told them I broke up because of an argument. But I don't care about all those. What hurts me most, was when we are talking about my love life on live and the hurt look radiating from you. I can't stand it."

Junhyung turned back to Jintaek, "I don't care if this gets out, I will still announce that I love Hyunseung."

The rapper turned towards the door and walked out of the room. Just when he reached the threshold of the entrance, Hyunseung spoke loud enough for both the manager and his lover to hear it.

"If you were to walk out right now without changing your thinking, let's break up."

Junhyung's eyes widened and he turned back rapidly.

"W-what?!"

Hyunseung felt like his heart was in his mouth, he felt like crying and vomiting. He felt like his heart was breaking apart and being shredded into pieces. His heart was bleeding.

"Let's break up, Yong Junhyung. I don't want to ruin my career because of my uality. I choose my career over this."

"Jang Hyunseung...!"

"Whatever it is, I wouldn't want this to get out. If this gets out, not only is our career is gone, BEAST will be gone too. And no, I'm not going to end our future this way."

Hyunseung got up and brushed his shoulder past his ex-lover.

 

image

Two days had passed after their break up. Jintaek had told the other members about their broke up. Hyunseung couldn't stand the worried glances from the members and chose to take a walk. He put on his beanie, and looked himself in the mirror.

Junhyung bought this beanie for me when we were out shopping last year...

Hyunseung sighed and pulled off the beanie. He choose another hat, which he bought it for Junhyung, and placed it over his hair. Taking a final look at his outfit, Hyunseung was prepared to leave the house to take a fresh air outside.

"Yah, where are you going?"

Knowing the owner of the voice, Hyunseung replied without turning back. Junhyung, being the worrywart and naggy umma, just had to know where Hyunseung was going.

"Just a walk around the neighborhood."

"Ask Jintaek hyung to go with you."

"I'm not a child. I can take care of myself."

With that, Hyunseung put on his headphones and left the house. He was casually walking around the park behind their dorm. It was as if every single place in the park was shouting 'Yong Junhyung' to him. At the entrance of the park, Hyunseung got reminded of the time when he almost tripped because of his loose shoelaces. He was lucky that Junhyung was there to catch him. Junhyung have always been really meticulous to every thing about him. He would nag at Hyunseung to tie his shoelaces properly, but he would also tie them for him when Hyunseung got too lazy to tie them on his own. Hyunseung shook his head to stop himself from thinking about the past. He concentrated on the song playing through his headphones and continued his walk down the lane towards the rows of trees. With the song blasting in his ears, he hummed along and glanced towards the kids playing in the open space of the park.

"We would always use this path to get back to the dorm after last night practices... We would chat about our day while holding hands. Because it was in the night, no one would see us and we were able to act like real couple."

Hyunseung felt a stray tear on his cheek. He wiped them off and turned away from the route. He continued walking towards the stone seats under the shade of the giant tree.

It was back to when he received the news about his dad's death. He got back to the dorm after three weeks of staying at his parent's home with his mother and sister. He saw the photo frame which held the picture of his parents with him and his sister. He ran out of the dorm and towards the park, ignoring all the people who recognized him as the member of BEAST. He couldn't control the loud cries emitting from his throat and the endless tears rolling down his eyes.

"Ahhhh!!!!!!!!!!"

He screamed at the top of his lungs while punching the tree that was in front of him. He felt blood trickle down his knuckles but that does not ease the pain in his heart. Just when he wanted to land the second punch on the tree, he felt someone pressed against his back and his arms were being pulled back to his chest.

"Please don't hurt yourself anymore."

Junhyung was there, he was always there for Hyunseung. He would always know where Hyunseung was and comfort him. Junhyung pulled his lover away from the tree and sat him down on the stone seat. Junhyung would lightly kiss his tears away and whisper words of love to him.

Just like back then, his cheeks were stained with wet tears. He dropped his lifeless body on the stone seat and sobbed into his long sleeves.

 

image

Hyunseung felt hands cupped his cheeks and pulled his face out of his palms. He blinked off the tears that was blocking his vision to take a look at the person in front of him.

"Without me, will you be all right?"

Junhyung asked as he look at Hyunseung. The dancer pushed off his hands and stood up from the stone seat.

"It doesn't matter if I will be all right."

Hyunseung was prepared to run away, run far away from the one that took over his whole heart. Junhyung envelope him into a tight backhug.

"I don't want us to break up."

Hyunseung could feel the slight tremble in his voice and from the arms that was wrapped around his waist. Placing his hands on the firm arms, he couldn't bring himself to pulled them away. He felt Junhyung pressed his forehead on his neck, warm and wet tears falling on his skin. He looked up to the bright sky. Tears streams down the corners of his eyes.

Is it really such a deep sin to be in love?

"Let me go. We are no longer lovers, so please stop hugging me."

The older male felt Junhyung's body tensed up. Arms around his waist wrapped tighter around him.

"No, I would not accept that..."

Hyunseung wiped off the tears on his face and jerked off the arms on his waist.

"Didn't you say it before that you dislike people who couldn't get over break ups? Can you don't act like that?"

Junhyung shook his head furiously with a tear-stained face. Hyunseung felt like he was going to cry again. He tore his eyes away from Junhyung and looked away. Junhyung cupped Hyunseung's face and forced him to look into his eyes.

"Don't look away from me! Stop it, stop torturing yourself and stop torturing me too! I know you still love me!"

Hyunseung tried to pulled Junhyung's hands away from his face but he failed to do so. He couldn't stop the tears from escaping his eyes as sobs chokes up his lungs. He burst out into loud cries and wrapped his arms around Junhyung's neck. Junhyung moved his arms down to wrap them around Hyunseung's waist. The younger male bend his head down to kiss the snow white flesh by his lips.

"I love you, Jang Hyunseung. Nothing will stop me from loving you."

"Even if I were to tell you to?"

"...Don't... Please..."

Hyunseung knows that Junhyung would never deny him of anything that he requested. He knows that he was being cruel to him, but he had to do so. It was for them, for BEAST and their dreams.

"Jun, you know we can't continue living in fear and lies if we want to be in this industry. I love you, love you so much. But I don't want to ruin our dreams. Jun, this is the only way for us to be happy."

"Will you really be happy? Will you really be all right without me? Because I know, I wouldn't. I miss you. I miss your touches. I miss hugging you. I miss your kisses. I miss your voice telling me that you love me. I miss your breath in my ear. I miss your warmth at night. I miss telling you I love you and having you smile so sweetly to me. I miss your giggles when I tell you a silly joke. I miss you. Don't leave me."

"I miss you too... But I can't, I can't force myself to be happy when I know we are risking our dreams, our future that we worked so hard for. I can't stand it if I were to spend a moment being in your arms but the next moment we will be separated by reality. I would rather end it when I still can take it. Jun, do you understand me?"

Junhyung pulled Hyunseung into a tight hug with tears streaming down his chubby cheeks.

"I don't want... I don't want you to go... Stay with me, please."

Hyunseung placed a kiss on Junhyung's lips and pressed their foreheads together.

"I can't live without you, Jun... But I have to try... We have to try... Please, just listen to me for this last time."

Hyunseung buried his face into Junhyung's shoulder and cried out.

Reality is cruel. Humans are cruel. And fate loves to play games.

---

A/N: And I'm cruel. I'm only human~ Anyway, might do a sequel for this if BEAST's new song I'm Sorry's lyrics give me the feel. Sorry for the non-ending kind of ending. I can't find a happy ending for Junseung, yet. orz