My First Kiss

Whispers in the Sunlight

Key was never what people would call "pretty" . He was the weird kid people would avoid in the hallways. It might have been from the large amount of black he wore, this included thick black liner around his eyes. He never had a girlfriend, but that didn't matter, he wanted a boyfriend. A boyfriend just like Lee Taemin. Although Key knew he would never have a chance.

 
It was almost summer vacation and Key was really excited because his only friend was coming back from college. He really missed Jonghyun, high school when you are alone.
 
Sure he did talk to Minho a few times, but he is very awkward and quiet, yet he is still popular because he plays sports. 
 
Two days left Key thought as he walked to school. He was wearing color for once, a nice red t-shirt that had a black and rhinestone skull on the front. It felt weird being in a good mood, he wasn't used to it. 
 
As he got to the school he was thinking about Jonghyun and the very last day they spent together. It was a day Key would never forget, he got his first kiss.
 
~Flashback
 
Today is the day Jonghyun leaves Key thought as he put on a nice navy blue button up shirt. Jjong always complained when he wore a lot of black. He would never tell the older male but Key always had feelings for him, but he was pretty sure Jjong would never return the feeling. They were going to the beach one last time, that was where they spent most of their summer. Jonghyun was picking Key up at noon so they could have a picnic together. When Jonghyun showed up he smiled and had a goofy look on his face before hugging Key. "why are you looking at me like that?" Key asked nervously, pulling at the sleeve of his shirt.
 
"You are wearing blue instead of black." he said with a bright smile. Key laughed a bit while still pulling at his sleeve. "Hey, stop that." Jonghyun said with a chuckle as he grabbed Key's hand preventing him from pulling at his sleeves.

Key blushed but didn't pull his hand back. They walked to the car still hand in hand, Key was upset when he had to let go. As they were driving “Enchanted” by Taylor Swift was playing on the radio. “I was enchanted to meet you.” She sang beautifully as Key thought about the day him and Jonghyun met.

“Hey space ranger, come back to earth.” Jonghyun said grabbing Key's hand again.

“Sorry” Key said blushing.

“What were you thinking about so intently?” Jonghyun asked looking over with that smirk that Key loved so much. He felt his heart skip a beat as he looked at that smile, just like it did every time.

Please don't be in love with someone else, please don't have someone waiting on you.” She continued to sing.

“Well, I was thinking about the day we met.”

Jonghyun looked over with a curious look on his face. “What about it?”
 

“That day I was listening to this song, when a kid pushed me into the locker. He continued to call me names and hit me. I fell to the ground, I tasted the blood in my mouth from my broken nose. He was kicking me still, then he stopped. As I looked up though my blood soaked tears, I saw someone hit him. Broke his nose too for sure. I was still crying when the boy came up to me and asked if I was okay, he my cheek then a teacher came and brought me to the office. That boy wasn't in school for the rest of the week. When he came back I wanted to thank him, but he probably thought I didn't know who helped me that day. Then we met two weeks later in drama class, the start of the semester. We were paired together to do a musical skit. The boy was so friendly, so happy, it affected me too. Well, lets just say that's the day I fell for him.” Key said tightening his grip on Jonghyun's hand. “So, thank you for saving me Jjong.” He looked down towards his feet. He felt the car stop and looked up confused, there was still another half hour before they got to the beach.

As he looked towards Jonghyun he saw the smile on his face. “What?” Key asked nervously.

“I fell for you the first time I saw you Key, do you know when that was?” He laughed when Key shook his head.

“The second week of school, you were eating by yourself in the hallway. You were singing “Love Story” as you were drawing. I was in the class across the hall and I sat closest to the door. You had a wonderful voice, it distracted me very much. You started to sit there every day, singing and drawing. However the most distracting day was when you brought strawberries for lunch. The way your lips curved around the strawberry was intoxicating. That was the day I dreamed of how your lips would feel against mine. You see, i had been watching you for a while, just waiting for the courage to talk to you. When I saw you getting hit that day, I got so pissed. There was no way I could have stopped myself even if I wanted to. I couldn't stand to see you get hurt.” He said shuddering at the memory.

“Hey Jjong?” Key asked looking deep in thought.

“Yes?”

Key leaned in and kissed him quickly. “Thanks again.” He said, but before he could pull away Jonghyun pulled him close again. “Anytime.” He said kissing Key again, more passionately this time.
~ End Flashback

BAM~ Key was interrupted from his daydreaming when he bumped into someone on his way to his locker. “I'm so s-” He started to say when he noticed who he bumped into.“Lee Taemin” He mumbled quieter as he backed up nervously.

 

A/N Thanks for reading! Sorry there was so much back story, I just have to explain everything before stuff actually happens. It will be KeyTae soon, I promise! Also, sorry for the over load of Taylor Swift involved in this chapter, I have been listening to her a lot this week.