The Break Up- Best Friend and New Start

Move ON

Aigoo, I'm so bored. Today's the last day of summer and I already have to go to school tomorrow. I want to spend it good” Hwang Jiyeon, a girl with a long brown curly hair said as she was walking outside her house. She passed by the cafe where Jinyoung, Jiyeon's long time crush always hangs out with his girlfriend. Jiyeon has already accepted this fact though. That her love for her classmate, Jinyoung was just a fanfiction. (Like this one. LOL) she would always make up stories on how Jinyoung would break up with his girlfriend. Sad it was only in her imaginations though. She sighed as she didn't see Jinyoung on the cafe.Happy that another day passed by not seeing Chim, Jinyoung's girlfriend together with him. She continued her walk and passed by the park.

 

wae? What did I do?” someone said with a melancholy in his voice. Jiyeon heard it. “ hm. That sounded like Jinyoung” she thought as she went to where she heard the voice was coming from. She saw Chim and Jinyoung. Jinyoung was sitting on the park bench while Chim was standing. But she was with another guy. He was Baro, Jinyoung's best friend. “ I'm sorry oppa. I love Baro oppa so much. He made me feel something that I don't feel when we're together” Chim said as she left with Baro. “yah, Baro-ah. How could you?”Jinyoung asked. “ sorry.” he said as he left with Chim. “ oh God. She's so dumb. How can she even break up with Jinyoung? He's perfect.” Jiyeon said as she was hiding behind Jinyoung who was looking really upset. His hand on his face and feeling frustrated. “ aigoo, what should I do? I.. I can't just leave him here. But I don't know how to approach him either” Jiyeon said outloud.

 

Jinyoung heard a murmur and looked around to see if anyone was there but he didn't see anyone. Then, a man selling ice cream passed by and Jiyeon called for him. “ when I'm upset I always eat ice cream. I hope he's like that too” Jiyeon said. “uh? Excuse me?” the guy who was selling the ice cream said. “uh. Sorry. I'm just used to talking to myself outloud. Don't mind me. I want 2 ice creams please” Jiyeon said as she felt embarrassed. “okay, here you go. And for being such a weird young lady, I'll give it to you for free” the guy said. “ aigoo, really? Thank you very much” Jiyeon said as she bowed while the guy gave her the ice cream and left.

 

okay, I .. I need to hurry up now. It's my chance. Jiyeon-ah, hwaiting” Jiyeon whispered to herself. She went to where Jinyoung was and saw that he was crying. It broke Jiyeon's heart. “ how could someone break this guy's heart?” she thought as she went nearer. Jinyoung sensed her presence and looked up with his eyes puffed. Jiyeon's heart pounded like crazy while holding 2 ice creams. “ uhm. Here” Jiyeon said as she gave the ice cream to Jinyoung while her own ice cream. “ thanks” he said. “ uhm,. Yeah no problem” Jiyeon said as she turned around wanting to leave already. She was dying inside from happiness but also from sadness. Happiness because Jinyoung took the ice cream. Sad because she saw how much Jinyoung loved Chim. “ don't go. Stay with me please” Jinyoung said in a low and soft voice. Jiyeon's heart was literally jumping out of her chest. She faced Jinyoung once again and nodded. He didn't even looked at Jiyeon while saying it. She sat next to him and ate her ice cream. It was getting awkward between them. Silence filled the place and no one dared to talk.

 

Then it started raining. “ I'm really a mess” Jinyoung finally spoke. “No you're not. Why did you say that?” Jiyeon asked. “ Chim broke up with me and now she's going out with my best friend and to add it up, it's raining” he said. “so? What's wrong? Just because of that incident you think you're a mess? You know what rain symbolizes? It's a new start. Relieve yourself. Don't stay in your fantasy world because you'll slowly die inside. Trust me, I've been there for a while now” Jiyeon said.

 

I know. But it's just too hard for me. It all happened so fast” he said as his voice started cracking. “ it's okay. That's life. Life is a bull” Jiyeon said as she wiped her face which was now wet with the rain. “ oh, uhm. You better go now. It's raining. You might catch a cold” he said. “ No. You asked me to stay with you so unless you leave, that's the only time I'll leave too” she replied. He smiled. Again, for the nth time, Jiyeon's heart dropped from her smiling face.

 

see, you can even smile now. Jinyoungie, hwaiting” Jiyeon said as she made a “FIGHTING” sign. “yeah, come on. Let's go to a cafe, it's too cold here. It's a good thing that the rain isn't that hard” Jinyoung said as he stood up and Jiyeon followed him. They reached the cafe and they both sat. The waiter took their orders and left. Jinyoung sighed. “ I think we shouldn't be here” Jiyeon said. “ I know. I always end up thinking about Chim. Everything I see reminds me of her.” Jinyoung said. “ okay then, let's leave. Come with me. I'll take you somewhere new” Jiyeon said as she dragged Jinyoung out and canceled their order. “ where are we going?” he asked.

you'll know soon” Jiyeon said. “ uhm. By the way, I think it's weird that I still don't know you're name. You also look familiar. Have we met before?” Jinyoung asked.

 

O-U-C-H” that was what Jiyeon's heart said. She can't believe it. They've been classmates for like 2 years now and he still doesn't know her name. Maybe it was because all Jinyoung could think of was Chim. “ uhm. Yeah. I'm Hwang Jiyeon. We've been classmates for 2 years now” she said. “oh? Really? I'm sorry. I'm not actually the social type so I don't know you. Sorry. But now I do” he said as he smiled. His smile made her heartache go away. They finally reached a place. It was a zoo. “ what are we doing here?” Jinyoung asked. “ eh? Uhmn. When I'm upset I always come here. Don't you like it?” she asked. “ uhm. It's not that. It's just that I thought we'd go to somewhere quiet. Somewhere people don't usually go” he said. “ oh, come on. That only happens in fanfictions or in the movies or whatever.” she said. Jinyoung smiled at her reaction. “ I'm glad it's not raining anymore” he said. They entered the zoo and Jiyeon dragged Jinyoung to the food court. “eh? We're eating here?” he asked. “ yeah, I like eating >.<” Jiyeon said. “ haha. It's okay I like eating too. Hey, how about we make a deal?” he suggested.

 

okay. I'm up for it. So what's in your mind?” she asked. “ since I'm hungry. Let's bet. Whoever eats less than the other will have to pay for it. So in short, If you eat lesser than what I have eaten, you'll have to pay” Jinyoung said. “ ahh, okay, I get it. But really I could just treat you, you know” she said. “ I could treat you too though. I just want to have fun” Jinyoung said. “okay, challenge accepted” Jiyeon said.

Okay. that's chapter 1. Thank you guys for subscribing. I hope I didn't diasppoint you. How was it? please leave some comments too ^^ Thank you