Chapter 1 - The Cabin

The Wild One

The clock was just about to strike 8:00 (AM) as Minho walked through the school gate, right on time as always. He made his way towards the entrance where he was greeted by his friend, Kim Kibum.

"Hey Minho, you didn't happen to see Jonghyun on your way here did you?" The blonde haired boy asked in a rather annoyed tone. "No I didn't see him, why? Is he late again?" Minho replied with a chuckle only to receive a glare from the other. "Do you even have to ask?" Kibum said with an obvious look.

"Not really, just being polite" Minho responded with a charming smile. "Well I better get to class so I guess I'll see you guys later" He added as Kibum gave him a quick nod. "Yeah we'll meet up with you at lunch okay?" The blonde said while keeping an out for his crush. "Sure, by the way, when are you planning to tell him?" Minho asked teasingly. "Tell him what?" Kibum replied with a confused look.

"That you love him, duh?" Minho teased again since he knew that his friends had had a crush on each other ever since High School, "Shut up.." Kibum snapped with a pair of flushed cheeks, earning a smirk from the taller. "Aren't you suppose to be in class now Choi Minho?!" He quickly added while sending his friend a death glare. ".." Minho cursed as he immediately made his way inside the building.

Minho had just started his second year in university, studying hard to fulfill his dream. Ever since he was a little boy he had always known that this was what he wanted to become when he grew up, a doctor, just like his father. He had always loved the feeling of helping people in need.

First period ended successfully and he was now on his way to the cafeteria to meet up with Kibum and Jonghyun. "Took you long enough" A familiar voice came from afar.

Minho turned around only to spot his two friends leaning against each other by the wall. He gave them both a smirk as he confronted them with his books still stapled in his arms.

"Sorry I stayed a bit longer and kind of lost track of time, you guys didn't have to wait you know" Minho explained while placing his books neatly inside his bag. "You're working too hard again Minho, give yourself a break for once" Jonghyun said as Kibum nodded in agreement.

"And how many times have I told you guys to stop fussing over me, if I'm going to have the slightest chance of becoming a professional doctor before my thirties I have to work hard and you know it" Minho argued back, earning a sigh from them both. "Let's just drop this for now, I'm starving" Minho said in a much calmer tone as they all finally made their way inside the cafeteria.

As soon as they sat down by the table Jonghyun was the first to speak, "So what's happening this weekend? Party at my place?" He suggested. Of course Kibum agreed without hesitation, "Count me in" He said as their eyes met and they were now staring shyly at each other. Gosh, could these guys get any more obvious or what? Minho thought to himself while taking another spoonful of rice.

"What about you Minho?" Jonghyun finally asked as all eyes were now on him. "I can't.." Minho replied with an uneasy look. "Oh come on man, live a little. Are you planning to study your life away?" Jonghyun said with a deep sigh, "Jonghyun's right Minho, you should come, it's not like you can't afford it" Kibum added. "What's that suppose to mean?" Minho snapped back as if he'd been offended.

"I didn't mean it like that Minho, I just meant that you out of anyone deserves a break" He explained in a concerned tone. "Guys I really appreciate it but I honestly can't this weekend, I'm going to my family's summer house to clear their things out" Minho explained. This time both Jonghyun and Kibum looked up at their friend with apologetic eyes. "Oh I'm sorry Minho, we didn't know. Do you want us to come with you?" Jonghyun asked in a soft tone. But Minho only shook his head in respond.

"No it's okay, you guys have fun" Minho insisted as Kibum gave him a doubtful look. "Are you sure?" He asked as Minho gave him a nod in reply. "How are things at home now?" Kibum asked in a serious tone. "Better...a bit lonely but definitely better" Minho responded truthfully.

Minho's parents passed away 8 months ago, leaving all their fortune and belongings to their only son including the house and the car. "You know you can talk to us right? And if you ever need anything..." Minho cut him off before he could finish, "I know, thank you guys I'm really grateful but I think I just need some more time that's all" Minho explained calmly as the others nodded understanding.

"Anyway, I gotta go now before next period starts so I'll see you guys on Monday alright?"

"Fine but promise to call us when you get back" Kibum said, or more like demanded. "Yeah, Yeah I promise" And with that Minho grabbed his tray and left the table. He stayed in school as long as he could, repeating everything he had learned so far. It wasn't until one of the teachers told him it time to close up that Minho finally packed his stuff and exited the building.

He threw his bag in the backseat of his car before he went over to the driver seat and started the engine, making his way back to the house he once had called home. 

***

Next morning Minho packed his bag for the upcoming trip. He had packed extra clothes, food and some medical equipment just in case and as soon as he was all set and ready to go he locked the door and got inside the car. It was going to be a 4 hours drive but it didn't really bother him much since Minho had always enjoyed driving, it helped him to clear his head. He made sure to check that he hadn't forgotten anything before he drove off, completely unaware of what was ahead of him.

When the first two hours passed Minho noticed that he was almost out of gas but he knew very well that there wasn't going to be any gas stations around for at least another hour.

"Please don't do this to me" Minho groaned as he felt the car slow down. Five minutes later it stopped completely so there wasn't much else he could do but to call for a tow truck.

"You've got to be kidding me!" Minho threw the phone to the side as it showed no signal.

He let out a deep sigh and rested his forehead against the wheel. The best thing to do now was probably just to wait for someone to drive pass, so Minho waited in the car while keeping an eye on the road. 30 minutes passed but no one came and you could now see dark clouds forming above, signaling that it was going to rain. With much hesitation Minho finally decided to go out and look for help himself.

He grabbed his bag and started walking towards the woods, hoping he would bump into someone on the way. It didn't take more than ten minutes before the first drop left the sky and landed on Minho's cheek.

It started off light so he decided to keep going but it didn't take long before the rain increased and was now pouring down. He was already too deep into the woods to be able to get back to the car without getting completely soaked so instead he tried to find some sort of shelter.

He started running, not really aware of where he was going. He kept running until he finally spotted something, a cabin. Minho didn't waste another second as he ran towards the wooden house and inspected it from afar. The windows were covered with planks and so was the door.

It looked completely abandoned so Minho immediately kicked the door in. As soon as he stepped inside he was greeted by darkness. The floor creaked dangerously from every step he took and he couldn't help but to feel a bit uneasy as he walked further into the old cabin.

The walls smelled of mold and it was obvious that no one had been here for a while, at least that's what he thought. Minho managed to find his matches in the bag and lighted one up to see where he was going.

He got to a room which seemed to be the living room and luckily there was a fireplace a few meters in. So Minho gathered anything that could be put on fire and threw it in, he then lighted up a new match and placed it in the middle of the small pile. The fire grew bigger and was now filling the room with its warmth. He was also able to get a better look at his surroundings. There was a torn sofa close to where he was standing and a couple of broken chairs. Everything was covered in either dust or dirt.

Minho sat down at the edge of the sofa and brought up a towel from his bag. He dried his hair in front of the fire and examined the room more carefully. It wasn't until he turned around that he noticed the pattern of the walls, Minho got up and walked over to get a closer look.

The entire wall was covered in different paintings, mostly stick figures which seemed to resemble a child. But what bothered Minho the most was that some of the paint seemed to be fresh. 

Suddenly a loud bang came from upstairs which made Minho jump to his feet. He had no idea that there was a second floor. It was probably just an animal or something, Minho tried to convince himself but he couldn't deny the fear that slowly had started to creep up on him.

There was a dull tapping noise following by a creak, as if someone was moving above him. Minho gulped, not sure if he should say something or just ignore it.

But he knew that if he was going to stay in this cabin any longer he had to make sure it was safe.

So he inhaled deeply before opening his mouth to speak, "H..Hello? Is there anybody in here?" Minho called out in a shaky tone, loud enough to be heard from upstairs. He didn't get an answer so he just assumed it was his imagination. Minho made his way back to the fireplace and knelt down, in order to keep warm he blew some air into his hands and rubbed them together.

But it didn't take long before the tapping continued, only this time it seemed to come from the hallway. Minho quickly got up and grabbed some random object to defend himself with.

"Who's there?" He called out again, trying not to let his fear get the best of him. Once again he only received silence but he could feel that he wasn't alone in this cabin. There was some rattling coming from the tiny kitchen, located only a couple of meters from where Minho was standing.

He swallowed hard and cleared his throat, "I know you're in here so there's no point hiding anymore" Minho tried again. He took a step forward and raised the broken baseball bat as he slowly approached the small kitchen. He could now clearly hear the rustling sound coming from the corner of the room.

"H..Hello?.." Minho repeated, earning a gasp from afar. He was able to make out a small figure sitting on top of the counter. The figure was way too tiny to be an adult so Minho carefully brought the baseball bat back down again, not wanting to scare whoever was sitting in front of him.

"Hey...are you alright?" Minho asked a bit calmer this time. He could hear the loud breathing from the figure and decided to take another step forward. But as soon as he started to move the small creature flinched back in fear, almost like cat. "Don't worry, I'm not gonna hurt you" Minho assured but the humanly figure kept growling at him like some sort of animal.

He tried to reach his hand out but as soon as it was about to brush against the tiny shoulder the figure immediately let out a scream and jumped off the counter before crawling out to the living room. Minho followed behind as he watched the figure hide behind the sofa.

Since he was now near the fire Minho was hoping to get a better look at the childlike creature.

"It's okay, you don't have to be afraid.." Minho said in a soft tone as he stopped in front of the back of the sofa since he knew the creature would probably run away again if he came any closer.

He waited a few more minutes before he noticed some movement from behind the sofa but nothing could prepare him of what he was about to witness. The figure slowly peeked up from the torn backseat, revealing its face to the older. Minho gasped as he took in every feature of the face.

"Oh my god.." 


A/N First chapter updated! How was it? Good? Bad? Please let me know, is it worth continuing? And thank you for all the lovely comments I've got so far, I really appreciate it ^^