Final

Peace (One-shot)

‘’We’ll be back soon, Omma!’’

 

‘’Alright sweety, you be good now! Take good care of him, Chanyeol!’’

 

‘’Will do, Mrs. Byun!’’

Chanyeol threw his own small dark navy blue bag into his car trunk. Looking over towards the small house where his angelic boyfriend was bidding his last goodbyes to his mother made Chanyeol smile. It was Baekhyun’s Spring Break from his high school, which Chanyeol and Baekhyun had good plans they made for it for a while now. Of course, Chanyeol graduating earlier then Baekhyun and having to take over his father’s company, all Chanyeol needed to do was make sure to have time from then and now to actually go along with the plans; which he only wished was as easy as it sounded.

   After one last goodbye hug from his mother and kisses to his forehead and cheek, Baekyun quickly walked over to his boyfriends’ car and dumped his light green and apple patterned bag into the trunk and held on tightly to his medium sized stuffed moose as he took a few steps back to let his boyfriend close his trunk, before turning around and smiling his big goofy grin that he knew the younger completely loved. ’’Shall we head out, Baekkie?”

  Giving Chanyeol a quick and firm nod, he quickly walked to the passenger seat and Chanyeol, to the drivers’ seat. They both closed the car doors, one putting on their seatbelt quickly and the other starting the car before putting on his seatbelt as well. He softly leaned against his seat and sighed loudly, turning his head towards his young boyfriend who was cuddling his stuffed moose and smiled wide at him. ‘’Ready for the trip, Baekkie?’’ he asked in his calm deep voice. Baekhyun didn’t try hiding his excitement, giving his tall giraffe of a boyfriend a big pearly white and toothy grin. ‘’Ye!’’

 

  It was about an hour and a half into the road trip. Chanyeol had one hand on the steering wheel while the other affectionately rested on Baekhyun’s small thighs, giving a comforting squeeze every once in a while. Baekhyun was holding onto his stuffed moose tightly as if he was afraid it would run off and leave him if he didn’t, as he silently stared out the window at the bundle of trees swishing past the car without having to move, his free hand laying gently on top of the big yet skinny hand on his thigh. He couldn’t hide the excitement that oozed out of his eyes, and it wasn’t like he was trying to hide it either. This would be his first trip away from his town and to a beach. He was completely overjoyed when his boyfriend came over to ask him to take the trip with him, hugging him tightly after he jumped into his arms and gave his face sweet kissed all over, laughing out of excitement while yelling ‘thank you’ and ‘I love you’ repeatedly and loudly. It was the happiest day of his life he remembered.

 

  Baekhyun felt the gentle shake of his boyfriends’ hand, hearing gentle ‘’wake up’s’’ towards him in a deep voice. It didn’t take him long to flutter open his eyes and quickly sit up, holding his moose tightly once again. He slowly stepped out of the car after unbuckling himself, letting out a groan as he stretched his aching, short limbs.

  Baekhyun quickly followed his tall boyfriend to the trunk after shutting the door, scratching the back of his moose’s ears gently as if it were a real baby moose he was petting. He took his bags gently out of Chanyeol’s hands, giving a smile, and thank you, and a sweet and gentle kiss before slowly walking up the stairs to their beach house and waiting patiently for Chanyeol to grab his own things and unlock the door. As the giant began fumbling with his keys in search of the right one, Baekhyun took this as a chance to have a quick look around. The air was cool in the night, and hearing the gentle waves of the ocean splash gently and repeatedly over the damp sand it could cover made Baekhyun very excited for the visit down to the beach tomorrow. He has his plans for the beach mapped out in his head like a blueprint for a custodian; small to many, yet pretty big for others.

  Baekhyun was just itching to feel the small particles of the grains of sand between his toes, and thhe gentle cooled air of the Spring’s delicate winds caressing his hair in whatever direction they deamed a good way to go at that moment. Baekhyun was obviously trying his best not to just drag his giraffe fown to the beach in the pitch black just so he could see it already. But even as much as he wanted to, Baekhyun patiently waited for the next day. It was about noon when Chanyeol decided that the two of them should head down to the beach for a picnic lunch, and having practically almost died from lack of beach in the morning – since they woke up a little late – Baekhyun immediately agreed, and so there they were, under and outdoor umbrella, setting up their romantic-ish picnic lunch near the ocean waves.

  Soon, Baekhyun found himself trying to build a sandcastle, which was a little hard not to knock something over since Chanyeol found this to be just the perfect time to lather his upper bare body in sunscreen, but didn’t complain nonetheless. Even though Baekhyun had told him before they had left that he didn’t need sunscreen, Chanyeol told him it would make him feel better to know that there was at least some sort of protection on him from the Sun’s harmful rays, and that was the end of that.

  Chanyeol soon finished creaming up his boyfriend and smiled at how ridiculously annoyed the younger looked. ‘’I feel like someone smashed about ten bananas on my back before they decided it’d look really y to smear it all over my chest,’’ mumbled Baekhyun, though he never knew a thought like that would ever appear in his mind. Ever. Chanyeol frowned at him for a moment, before it slowly turned into an evil little smile. He leaned down to his boyfriends’ height, giving him a quick peck on his nose before smearing a shart strip of sunscreen on, looking Baekhyun straight in the eyes, a self-satisfied smirk played across his lips. ‘’Oops – missed a spot!’’ he teased, setting a tender kiss on top of his head before sitting back and laughing at the priceless face expression his boyfriend had plastered on his face as he stared cross-eyed at the white cream smeared carelessly over his nose.

  ‘’You know, there are some times when I just feel like I should strangle you,’’ Baekhyun admitted in a nasal voice as he roughly wiped away the white cream, ‘’But then I remember that I love you too much to you, so I let it slide.’’ Chanyeol let out a deep chuckle as he started unpacking their lunch.

 ‘’I love you too, Baekhyun, and I hope you remember that!’’

   The two love birds finished their lunch soon, and Chanyeol had left for a moment to use the bathroom and get them some soda. Meanwhile, as Chanyeol was doing said objectives, Baekhyun found himself staring at what he carved in the damp sand with a stick, trying to figure out how it even got there considering he was working on a sandcastle not long ago in that very spot.

‘Chanyeol-ah! Saranghaeyo!’  was written in the sand, with little hearts surrounding it; even the O in Chanyeol was a heart! Soon, a quick thought rushed into Baekhyun’s brain near the last minute. Take a picture and put it in with his present!

  Baekhyun quickly grabbed the camera he had brought on the trip with him, and quickly turned it on and pointed it towards the cheesy carving in the damp sand, and after getting a good snap after it refocused to the carving, he looked at the picture and gave the picture a smile. It turned out really well, if Baekhyun did say so himself.

  However, Baekhyun was very oblivious of the grinning – like – an – idiot giraffe staring at the picture as well, with a Sprite in one hand and water in the other. Noticing his young boyfriend was still somehow oblivious of his giraffe’s presence, he gave a quick peck on the cheek to the smaller, making him jump in complete surprise. Then realizing the photo was still up as well as the carving still in the sand, Baekhyun’s ears turned a shade of red, completely embarrassed at this point. Chanyeol let out a rather amused chuckle. He moved over to his young boyfriend and kissed him gently before whispering, ‘’I love you too, Baekhyun – ah. So much.’’

  Chanyeol gave Baekhyun a warm smile before gently placing the Sprite in his free hand. ‘’Drink up, Yeobo! Don’t want you to become dehydrated!’’

  It was almost nine in the morning, the Sun’s rays shining down onto the soft and gentle fabric of the furniture in the small living room as the alluring smell of bacon and pancakes filled the atmosphere in the first level of the beach house. Baekhyun thought that his boyfriend would appreciate if for once he cooked beakfast instead of the giraffe. Chanyeol know his boyfriend was inexperienced with cooking, and he seemed completely fine with that, and having to make breakfast for them, as well as lunch and dinner. Because he felt sorry that he was always having to cook for them both, baekhyun asked his mother to teach him the majority of cooking so he could impress his hard working boyfriend, in which his mother had quickly agreed to. She had taught him how to cook many Asian foods that were common in their small town as well as Korea, and even some American food she had picked up on after studying abroad there for two years. He claimed his mother was very special in a wonderful way.

  Just as he was about to flip his heart shaped pancake, two long arms s around his little boney waist and pulled him backwards into a rather warm chest, a chin resting lazily on his equally boney yet comfortable shoulder. Baekhyun smiled  when a kiss was planted onto his cheek and a sleepy groan came out rather loudly in his ear. ‘’Well good morning, Groggy !’’ A low chuckle came from the sleepy man behind, before a long sniff heard. Baekhyun could feel the man smile into his neck’’Is that pancakes I smell, Yeobo?’’ a deep and husky voice asked. Baekhyun rolled his eyes with a smile on his lips, bumping his hip against the taller boyfriend’s stomach and turned to face him. ‘’Always the food you notice first, eh?’’ Baekhyun chuckled when the eldest shrugged. ‘’What can I say? I’m a hungry giant!’’ Baekhyun laughed a little before standing on his tiptoes to plant a loving kiss on his boyfirend’s thin lips.

  ‘’Go and wait in the living room, okay? I’m making you a surprise breakfast!’’ With that said, Baekhyun turned back to the pancakes after hearing a groggy Chanyeol mumble an ‘’alright, Yeobo’’ before flipping the pancake over to cook on its other side, and continuing with his boyfriend’s special breakfast. Chanyeol thought at this time, as he waited for his short and gorgeous boyfriend to finish making their breakfast, he decided that Eminum sounded fairly interesting at that point, so he dragged out his laptop and turned it on, waiting a while before clicking on to the internet icon  and staring for a short amount of time at the background of Chanyeol and Baekhyun smiling together that was saved as the screensaver on the laptop.

‘’Breakfast is ready, Yeollie!’’

  Chanyeol wasted little to no time when he heard his wonderful boyfriend call him. With a couple of quick clicks and a shutdown, Chanyeol closed his laptop and shot up and quickly walked to the rining room where a waft of delicious scents hit his nose and sent his stomach the message to growl on cue. His boyfriend had never been able to cook properly, but the delicious smells coming from the kitchen told him differently. He slowly sat at the small dining table, noticing the little vase full of Baby’s Breath and yellow roses, the type of flowers that grew around the beach. He guessed his boyfriend took the time sometime this morning or yesterday to pick and arrange the beautiful flowers. His boyfriend always tried to make things fancy for him even thought he had told him many times that there wasn’t a need for that.

  Then again, his boyfriend looked rather cute trying his best. Chanyeol smiled when he saw his beaitufl boyfriend bringing a plate over to him with a smile. He slowly set the plate in front of him, and Chanyeol was really surprised with that was on his breakfast plate. A heart shaped pancake, drizzled in both strawberry and blueberry syrup with ‘’I love you’’ printed with carefully placed chocolate chips, and a heart under the words.

  Chanyeol looked up at his boyfriend who set a late of scrambled cheesy eggs beside his decorative breakfast, before sitting across from his and giving him a sweet smile. ‘’Enjoy, Yeollie!’’ Chanyeol looked down at his pretty decorated breakfast, his goofy grin spreading across his face as he slowly looked back up at his little boyfriend ‘’You made this just for me, Yeobo?’’ Baekhyun nodded to the elder, taking a sip of his overly sweet coffee. ‘’I asked my mother if she could teach me how to so I could impress you..’’ Baekhyun blushed a little. ‘’I guess I did!’’

  Chanyeol let out a deep chuckle, leaning over to his small boyfriend to his bed hair. ‘’Aw, Yeobo! You didn’t have to!’’ Chanyeol smiled and kissed the top of his head.

  ‘’Well, I wanted to. I felt bad that you always had to-‘’

  ‘’Mm! Oh my God, this is delicious!’’

  Baekhyun laughed loudly at his boyfriends’ outburst as the giraffe continued indulging himself into the chocolate covered pancake. Baekhyun smiled at his boyfriend as he continued eating his decorative breakfast fast, Baekhyun taking a couple of bites of his own breakfast. It took a while for Chanyeol to finish his breakfast since it was rather big, but of course he finished all the delicious food. Being the giant he is, there was enough space in his stomach to finish it all, right?

  Soon realizing how energetic he was after eating the decorative pancake, he started acting rather hyper; laughing really hard at jokes that his boyfriend told him and clapping his hands like a retarded seal, poking continuously on his boyfriends’ cheek to get him to pay attention to him, and even getting up for no random reason and just walking around the house. All of that of course, until he fell asleep. The sugar on the decorative pancake made him immediately hyper, and also made him quickly sleepy, like how most people get when they just depleted all energy and felt exhausted.

  Of course, Baekhyun seemed perfectly fine about this fact. He knew his boyfriend could easily be hyper, and he knew what he was doing when he put those edible items onto his heart shaped pancake. He knew it all, and he felt fine about it. As long as he knew his wonderful boyfriend would love it, he’d put anything edible on it. Minus just a few things

It was about seven in the afternoon. The ocean waves were calm, swaying gently onto the sand before retreating back to the deep blue ocean. Passing seagulls would fly by, some even snatching a fish or two from the water before flying away with it to feed itself with. On the shore however, a beach umbrella was dug into the ground, a rather big towel placed under it, with two boys staring out at the beautiful sunset. Chanyeol was behind Baekhyun, his legs spread out and his long and boney arms wrapped around his beautiful boyfriend’s waist protectively, so his boyfriend wouldn’t leave him alone. Baekhyun was leaning comfortably into the taller boy’s chest, shirtless since it was rather hot out, his legs pread with Chanyeols’ and his arms resting over his.

  They sat quietly, the two of them, staring out at the sea, directly at the setting sun. It didn’t hurt their eyes as much as they thought it would, so they just kept staring at it. All that was heard between the two was warm and sometimes silent breaths and the occasional movement as they fixed their positions. It wasn’t until the sun had completely disappeared under the sea, and the skies were a dark blue.

  ‘’It’s so beautiful out here,’’ Baekhyun whispered, afraid talking loudly would break the comfortable silence between them. Chanyeol gave a hum in agreement. ‘’Yes it is,’’ Chanyeol smiled a little. ‘’But I believe you’re more beautiful than scenery, Yeobo.’’ Chanyeol gently kissed Baekhyun’s cheek, who was in return, smiling. ‘’Chanyeol? Can I ask you a question?’’
‘’Of course, Yeobo. Shoot.’’

‘’Why me?’’

  This was always a common question someone in a relationship would ask when they feel insecure or something, Chanyeol knew. He tightened his hold around Baekhyun’s waist, laying his chin on his shoulder with his mouth close to his ear. ‘’Because I knew you were perfect for me,’’ he whispered.

  Baekhyun looked back at his tall boyfriend, smiling his beautiful smile at him. He didn’t have to ask whether he really meant it or not; he knew perfectly well that he did, considering all he’s done for him. From keeping him protected from angry mobs of girls who liked him in high school, to now; taking him to this beautiful beach – a beach in which he has never been to, mind you – and making everything he could as romantic as he’d liked, and Baekhyun loved it.

 

So he thought now was a good time, to give his gift to him.

 

  ‘’Chanyeol, follow me, hun’’ he whispered, taking his boyfriend’s hand in his and helping him up, before leading him inside to their beach house, and to the back, where he had set up his own little romantic session like area. Looking back at Chanyeol and still smiling, he let go of his hand gently, before telling him, ‘’Close your eyes.’’ Chanyeol slowly started smiling as he nodded, closing his eyes. Waving his hand in front of his face to check and see if he was looking and confirming he wasn’t, Baekhyun took his hands gently, leading him out onto the porch deck of the beach house. ‘’Okay, honey! Open them!’’

  Chanyeol never thought he’d see anything so cheesy yet so romantic that was set up by his beautiful, flawless boyfriend.

Then again, he did have a pretty interesting breakfast, didn’t he?

  The porch had scented candle all over it; the scent of roses. The different sized candle stood on the corners of the porch desk, and a little hanging thing on the roof rim had a big candle in it as well, but that wasn’t what really caught his attention. On the small porch table provided with the beach house, there was a little box on it, with a framed picture of the message Baekhyun had carved into the sand a couple of days ago, a little tag attached to the orange ribbon, with the box wrapped in paper that had baozi’s with faces on them. He knew it was the work of Baekhyun. He was totally into cute things like that.

Baekhyun nudged Chanyeol gently and smiled at him. ‘’Go and open your present, silly!’’

  Chanyeol smiled at his boyfriend before approaching the wrapped box, and slowly beginning to peel it off. Neatly, of course. He wanted to have it pinned up in his work office so he could look at it and smile. Once the wrapping was off – neatly – Chanyeol opened the little box to find not anything new, not anything store bought, but a stuffed animal he remembered very well when he came to visit Baekhyun.

It was his first stuffed moose he had ever had; Moo – Moo.

Baekhyun grinned, coming up behind his tall boyfriend and hugging his waist. ‘’I wanted to give you Moo – Moo as a present! Because he and Moose – Moose have a relationship like us!’’ Chanyeol laughed a little at his boyfriend. It was very cute to see this again. He had always thought it was sweet faced and doe eyes, just like his little Baekhyun. ‘’It’s wonderful, Baekhyun. I love it.’’ Chanyeol hugged his boyfriend tightly. ‘’I love you.’’

  Baekhyun kept his smile on, completely happy his boyfriend loved the gift. ‘’I wanted to give you something for taking me on this wonderful trip! I didn’t have any money though, and I always noticed how you would stare at Moo – Moo and smile. So, he’s yours now!’’

‘’I have something I want to give to you too, Yeobo.’’

‘’Oh?’’

Without answering the small question Baekhyun had formed, Chanyeol reached into the pocket of his jeans, and holding whatever he had gotten out of it tightly. ‘’Baekhyun, you know I love you so much, right?’’ Baekhyun nodded. ‘’Of course!’’

  Hearing this answer made Chanyeol smile. He slowly bent down onto one knee, opening a ring holder and taking out the ring inside of it, before taking Baekhyun’s hand gently and slipping the gold ring band onto his ring finger. It had a single ruby in it, because he knew how much Baekhyun thought these types of rings were pretty. After staring at the ring for a small amount of time, Chanyeol took a deep breath, before meeting the eyes of his boyfriend, who’s eyes were wide with complete shock; and that’s when he asked him:

‘’Marry me?’’