The keeper

The despondency keeper

"Ji?" "Ji! Where are you?" Seunghyun yelled as he looked around their shared apartment.

His boyfriend, Kwon Jiyong, had just come from visiting his family and, as always, was supremely sad and depressed.

"Jiyong! Baby where are you co--" His call was abrubtly cutoff whe he heard a small sniffle, coming from somwhere in the empty kitchen. Seunghyun followed the pitiful whimpers until he caught sight of a small foot, peeking out form under the long table cloth.

"Ji?"  He whispered , carefully lifting the white fabric.

The sight that met his eyes was completely pitiful and tear jerking. There sat his small lover, in the same bright red skinny jeans he'd worn to his parents and of of Seunghyuns shirts that was so big it hung off his shoulder. His face was puffy and his eyes red from crying, Jiyong looked like a toddler whose favorite toy had been smashed, the only exception was that instead of screaming and throwing a tantrum, Jiyong was weeping silently into his shaking hands.

It was always like this.

Jiyong visited his parent once a month, on the same day every month. Everytime he returned he hid himself away and cried until Seunghyun came and found him.

"T-T-tabi,"  Ji stuttered, at once reaching out for him and simultaneously curling in on himself. This was bad, Jiyong only called him Tabi when he was either extremely or extremely sad, and it didnt take a brainiac to see that his boyfiend definantly wasnt .

'Come here Ji," Seunghyun said as he pulled the sobbing male into his lap. "what happened?" he tried. He knew it was pointless though, he asked eveytime his lover came home like this and everytime was answered with only sadness. Truthfully it made Seunghyun quite angry to see his lover, who was usually so strong willed and cheery, be broken and fragile. He hated Jiyongs family with a fiery passion for what ever they did to him to make him cry every month.

"I-i-i-am the keeper," Jiyong suddenly whispered,  though the sound was muffled as he had buried his face in Seunghyun's neck. Seunghyun was confused. Well-more like completelly baffled.

Yes he wanted to kknow what was wrong but the sentance only served to make him believe his petite lover had lost it. "What do you mean?" He asked, gently rocking back and forth while rubbing his boyfriends back in hopes of calming him.

It seemed to work as the next second Jiyong speaks and, with his cries receded, the words were clear, "I carry, and feel, their emotions, sadness happiness I feel them, Dont hate them,  Hyun they dont know" He whispered, looking up with glassy eyes at Seunghyun.

"I dont explain Ji, please tell me, I want to understand..."

"I feel emotions, and whenever Im around angry or sad people, on this day only, their despondency and anger, it leaves them and comes to me. I dont know why, I guess it happens to that they can have a break from their own emotions and feel happiness and, thats why I go to my family but, I dont know. All I know is that I feel their pain and..and..it hurts. It hurts so bad Tabi."

Jiyong was shaking, his cries were coming back full force and one of his hands clutched at seunghyun's shirt while the other held his own heart as if feeling and unspeakable agony. The sight physically hurt Seunghyun. 

"Please...I feel your pain too...so...please stop!" Jiyong begged.

Seunghyn didnt now what was going on but he knew he could figure it out on a day that his lover wasn't in so much emotional agony. Standing up, he craddled Jiyong to his chest and made his way to the freezer. Grabbing some of their favorite ice cream and some spoons he carefully carried his boyfriend to the couch. Sitting down he placed jiyong in his lap and covered them both with the fuzzy throw blanket that was kept on the couch for late night movie sessions.

Turning on a cheesy drama and opening the ice cream, he dipped in a spoon and held it to the confused mans lips. "I love you, eat and rest," He whispered, kissing the top of his head.

Jiyong ould feel warmth in his heart, slowely filling it, taking away the sadness and warming his body. He felt loved, safe, warm, and he lay there, happy and content in his boyfriend's lap. The two watched dramas until he fell asleep to Seunghyun rubbing his back and arms while whispering, "sleep love."