Living on the edge of life

Living on the edge of life

 

 

The heat was enormous.
 
The others had had the chance running out. But I was there. Lying on the floor. Helpless. 
 
Would this be the end? 
 
My eyes were sore and whenever I opened my eyes, I only saw a big fog of red, orange, yellow light. I liked my eyes closed. Closed so I could imagine it was only a dream. 
 
But it wasn't a dream. The fire had burst out wild and was now covering the whole room. I tried to stand up, but I couldn't. My leg was numb. It didn't hurt anymore. I couldn't feel anything. 
 
- "ANYONE?!" I tried my best to shout, "HELP?!" but no one heard my coughing tries of attention. "Water..." I didn't know that I could miss water this much as I did right now. 
 
"Yun... I'm so happy you got the staff and the other trainees out of here. It's for the best that I'm the one lying here. I wonder how the fans would react when they get the news. I don't want them to worry about us."
 
I laid down on my back. I could see colorful dancers. The flames were so wild that it was actually a very beautiful sight. I closed my eyes. 
 
- "Excuse me sir! Can you hear me? Hello?" A man's voice. I could hear a man's voice. It was distance and I opened my eyes again. How long have I lied here? 
- "Sir, can you hear me? I'm going to get you out of here, okay?" The face was blurry. My eyes couldn't focus at all. It was frustrating. I start to cough really bad. It tasted weird. I believe it was a mix of blood and dust, but I couldn't concentrate.
- "We have one alive here!" 
 
Everything happened so fast. The roof got closer and the world start spinning. I felt like I was flying among colorful hot clouds. I tried to look at the man's face but I couldn't identify the face nor the environment around me. That once was our practice studio, now looked like a horrible battlefield. I didn't wanted to look. I closed my eyes and wished that this scenario was only a horrible nightmare. 
 
Finally I felt the fresh air. I heard the beautiful birds. I felt the cool wind on my skin.
 
I could finally breathe. I was back. 
 
- "Sir?" The fireman said and put me down on something that felt soft, like a bed. I opened my eyes and a nurse put eye drops in my eyes. I blinked several times and the fireman's face got clearer and clearer.
 
He took of his helmet and I realized that that was why I couldn't see his face so clear in there. 
 
His face was beautiful. A bit foreign look with big dark hazel eyes.  
 
That was the last thing I saw of him before they put me into the ambulance and drove away from the horrible scene. 
 
I never saw him again. I didn't know his name. All I know is that he saved my life.
 
 
 
 
 


 

 
If you don't understand, 'Cuz I might have been unclear with this, so I apolpgize;
Teo has no idea it was Sam who saved him, maybe because he was high on medicines or smoke from the fire or whatever. And he and Yun are still trainees, if you wonder... So yes, they haven't met Sam yet, well until now, but they still don't know him...

 

Okay... So how did the fire start? I'll let your imagine flow~ 

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED ^^