Chapter 1

One Heart

Eunhyuk is standing in the middle of nowhere, his car broke down again he is almost late at the family reunion he had to attend. He tried to approach upcoming cars but to no avail everyone ignored him but finally a red Ford car stops in and helped him.

“Hey, seems like something bad happen.”

“Yeah, you I got a flat tire I need help to have it replace, but the car shop is far from here.” He responded.

“Well if you want I can help you want do you happen to have an extra tire?” the other guy asked.

“Yeah it’s at the back of my car.”

“Well I have some tools here in case, here.” He handed him the tools.

“Why are giving me these?”

“Remove the flat tires then get your spare and replace it with it.”

This guy is kidding me right? He is supposed to help me… Eunhyuk thought.

But still he did not complain, while he was being watched he finished the repair all by himself.

“You know I think you’re doing it wrong try to step on it.”

“LEAVE! I thought you are going to help me if you’re just going to stand there just leave ok and here’s your stupid tools.” Eunhyuk said.

“Hey try to see if it’s working.” The other replied.

“I know what I should do aish!” Eunhyuk was pissed with guy who indeed left him alone in the road.

“Yah! Don’t ever show your face to me again or else… mong-chong-I Aish!” Eunhyuk exclaimed. After almost two hours he finally arrive Yoona gladly welcome him at home.

“Oppa! I thought something bad happen to you.”

“Sorry about that, a I met a jerk earlier and… well I don’t want to talk about it.” Eunhyuk shook his head.

“He’s really here, the one who got Siwon-oppa’s heart.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, he arrived from America 2 days ago he had been looking for us to thank us personally and meet us.”

“Oh, I know he is a nice guy like your oppa.”

“Yeah and he’s cute too, I bet you’ll like him.” Nudged Yoona.

Eunhyuk is nervous he is anxious to meet the person who had received his boyfriend’s heart, he can’t believe he would finally met him.

 

(flashback 2 years ago)

 

“Do you really need to go to America to study I mean can you just wait until I graduate next year?” Eunhyuk pleaded him.

“Hyukkie, you how badly I want to become a lawyer right and besides I will always contact you, even email you and once you graduate you can already follow me there, and we’ll live together and get married.”

“But…”

“Look, Hyukkie I love you, I love you, with all my heart even if I am far away there will always be you ok?” Siwon cupped his face and kissed him in his forehead.

 

Eunhyuk and Siwon exchanged emails and phonecall for almost 6 months; he was almost finished in his college when he received a bad news.

“Hello.”

“Eunhyuk.” It was Siwon’s mother.

“Auntie, oh how are you why are you crying?” he asked worriedly.

“Siwon… he died in an accident last night while he was on his way to his dorm.”

“W-what? No it can’t be this must be joke right.” Eunhyuk almost collapse in the school corridor. Sungmin and Ryeowook his friends comforted him and was also shocked by the news.

(end of flashback)

 

All he knew was someone at that time received a heart transplant and he realized Siwon’s death was not in vain because he had gave someone a second life, he had always pray for almost 2 years to meet that person and tell him to take care of his boyfriend’s heart and always wish that person is always safe. He is quite nervous as well but he prepares himself he is not expecting anything but he really is excited to meet him.

“Eunyuk! Finally you made it.” It was Siwon’s mother embracing him.

“Eomoni.” He greeted her.

“He’s here, Aiden son come here I want you to meet Lee Hjukjae but we fondly call him Eunhyuk.”

As the man turned around Eunhyuk eyes widen.

“Hi I am Aiden Lee, but I preferred to be call by my Korean name Donghae.”

Eunhyuk who clearly remember him reluctantly shakes hand with him especially he is in front of his boyfriend’s family he can’t show them his rudeness.

 

At the dining are they are eating together, Siwon’s mother finally breaks the silence.

“So Aiden, I mean Donghae I heard you finished Business Administration in America, but and you cureenlty own a bar such a rare curse t get isn’t it?”

“Yeah it’s uhm…….”

“Everyone knows about what a bar is like how everyone knows how to replace a tire in a car.” Eunhyuk butted in.”

“Eunhyuk is there something wrong?”

“Oh nothing at all.”

Suddenly Yoona approached Donghae.

“Oppa try this Strawberry Cheesecake I made them, Eunyuk-oppa loves these the most. And Siwon-oppa always said my cakes are one of the best in Korea” She said as he gave Donghae a slice.

Eunhyuk looked at him as if the other guy was feeling forced of eating the cake, even if he smiled and said it was good he could see right through him he was hesitant to take it.”

After they eaten he noticed Donghae at the veranda looking at his arms having some red patches.

 

“You could have just say no.” Eunhyuk told him form behind

Donghae just smiled at him. “Don’t worry this will disappear soon, besides it won’t harm if I at least make them smile for sure they do miss their son.”

“By the way about earlier I am so sorry.” Eunhyuk apologized.

“No, it’s my fault I could have helped instead of just telling you what to do.”

 

As they were now having a conversation Yoona called them and invited them for a family karaoke.

After Siwon’s parents sing together and Yoona finished her song.

“Oppa please can you sing for us.”

Donghae looked at Eunhyuk and he just nodded in response. As he looked at the song book finally he find a song that he wants to sing.

 

As the song Marry U played, Eunhyuk’s smiled suddenly faded and he had a tear in his face, it was Siwon’s song for him when he asked him to be his boyfriend when he was just a freshmen in college, and he usually sing it even in karaoke bar. As the song finished Donghae noticed Eunhyuk missing, as he looked for him he saw walking around the garden.

 

“Hey you we’re suddenly gone is my voice that bad or did I break your eardrums?” asked Donghae.

“No, Donghae why did you sing that that song?” he curiously asked him.

“Why did I sing that song? Oh well aside from being pressured by Yoona, I often heard that song from my friend’s IPOD and I like the song that’s why.”

Eunhyuk just looked at him, and just smiled. Suddenly Siwon’s parents called them ans asked them both to stay until dinner, but Eunhyuk declined since he had some things to do for work tommorow.

 

After that meeting Eunhyuk thought he would never see Donghae again, though he knew he always visit his boyfriend’s family. Having a almost a long week at work his goal for day off is to finally get a rest but his friends SUngmin and Ryeowook can no longer take Eunhyuk never coming with them so with Sungmin;s pouting and crying to him Eunhyuk got no choice but to go with them.

 

(At the bar)

“Finally after 10,000 years you finally came with us.” Sungmin said

“Yeah I missed this kind of life hyung especially with you.” Ryeowook pat EUnhyuk’s shoulder

“Come on I just can’t stand Sungmin-hyung’s aegyo at me that’s why I just say yes or else he will do it to me for eternity.” Eunhyuk replied.

“Oh miss this days, when we just dance like it’s the end of the world, I bet Eunhyuk no longer don’t know how to dance.”

“Really? We’ll see.” Eunhyuk smiled at Sungmin and removed his jacket as he took the centre stage he danced all the way which cheers the crowd as he finished he smirked at Sungmin.

“Wow! So the dance machine was never gone.”

“Of course I just rested that’s why.”

“Nice moves.” Eunhyk turned around and was surprised to see Donghae along with his friends.

“Are you following me by any chance?” he asked wondering what he is doing at the bar.

“Uhm no it just happens I won this place, I hope you guys like the place.” DOnghae said to Enhyuk’s friends.

“One word Daebak! One of the coolest bar in Korea and the music they are well mixed.” Sungmin remarked.

“All credits to my friends here right Kyuhyun?”

“Yeah yeah, you’re welcome now I need to play my PSP so I’ll just sit somewhere.”

“Oh how rude of me, this is Yesung and Kyuhyun they are my business partner.”

“Hey cutie.” Yesung greeted Ryeowook who just shyly smiled at him.

“You’re so good looking I mean I am Kim Ryeowook nice meeting you.”

Yesung invited Ryeowook through the dance floor while Sungmin decided to follow Kyuhyun leaving Eunhyuk and Donghae alone.

“Seems like it has been a long time since you have much fun?” Donghae asked trying to break the silence.

“y-yeah, I mean since you know Siwon died I kind of secluded myself to work, to his family and now I am busy during even stopped visiting the kids the kids.”

“Kids?”

“Uhm yes, you I was adopted by my parents when I was still a baby, so I feel pity seeing abandoned kids, Siwon loves them as well so we decide to visit some orphanage bringing them gifts, and I usually give them some free dance lessons.”

“I see, he really does have a gold heart, uhm Enhyuk I know this is out of line but have you ever tried like going out on a date after Siwon you know…”

“I tried but never works or maybe I am not really interested.” Eunhyuk replied.

“I see.”

“How about you?”

“Well I have a girlfriend back in America but because of our busy schedule we broke up.”

“Oh sorry about that.” Eunhyuk sighed

As they are having a great conversation Ryeowook who is happily holding hands with Yesung and Sungmin clinging on Kyuhyun returned to their seat.”

“Well I think it’s our cue to leave, I still have work tommorow, see you if we meet again.” Eunhyuk smiled.

 

(at their car)

“Yah! Wookie, Minnie what’s with that look?”

“I have never seen that smile for like centuries Hyukkie we really missed that.”

“Shut up, let’s all go home.” Eunhyuk shook his head as he drove the car.

 

At Eunhyuk’s room…

As he was fixing his bed preparing to sleep suddenly he saw his phone ringing, he wondered who is the unknown caller but he decided to answer the phone call.

“Hello?”

Hey it’s me Donghae, are you at home now?”

Donghae? How did you get my number?”

“I asked Yesung since he got Ryeowook’s he asked for yours as well.”

“I see you could have asked me directly.”

Just afraid you won’t give it tome.”

“Babo! Why did you call I am  now going to sleep already.”

You see about the kids I kind of want to go with you.”

“R-really? Uhm but let me tell you they are a little stubborn, Siwon was the only one that was able to calm them you know…”

“Don’t worry I love kids too we’ll click.” Donghae replied.

If you say so, I mean I kind of missed them as well.”

“It’s a deal then well I feel guilty letting you awake for too long, so bye.”

Eunhyuk end the phone call suddenly he took Siwon’s picture. “Hey are you happy seeing me trying to live again I know this is what you want me to do right?” he said as he hugged his picture and trying to drift into his sleep.