This N

To The Moon And Back

 

 

 

She walked back and forth, preparing the meals for lunch and it was like becoming her hobby instead of her duty. She opened the fridge, took the meats and some vegetables. She took the frozen chicken from the freezer and replaced it with a pudding she just made. She heard a noisy from the front room, sighed, “N, stop screaming.”

For the first hour she was busy with the knife, tools and the ingredients finally she put her apron off and hang it to the pins next to cupboard. She brought all the foods she made to the main table. There were chicken soup, kimchi soup, and grilled beef. She also managed to make a chocolate pudding with vanilla—N’s favorite.  

“Yay, lunch!” he shouted.

“No lunch before you help me,” she said, pointed at things on the floor, at living room. She sighed, “How many time do I have to tell you that you need to put the toys back on their place after you play with them?”

“It’s like hundred times and it’s annoying.”

“Great, you’re talking back. Who taught you to say such?” she lost her patience. It was like billion times that N refused to do what she wanted him to do. To make up his bed, to put the dirty clothes on the red basket not the blue one, to put back the toys on their place, to wear the slippers, to wash his hand before doing something else.

N pouted.

“No lunch for you.”

“Why?” N kept asking. She pulled his hand and brought him to his bedroom, “Stay in your room. No lunch. No cartoon. No chocolate pudding. No arguing me back.”

She shut the door hardly, even before N opened his mouth to argue and protest. He knocked the door from inside, “Mum, I’m hungry!”

“Mum!”

“Mum I will tell Dad that you are being meanie! Mum!”

She decided to ignore N who kept yelling and began to vacuum the entire room of the house. She wiped the sweat that flew down her cheek. Every day was a hard day for her, not to mention that N was being too hard to handle. He made house chores she had to do even harder to be done. He was too ignorant, and she lost all her patience today.

A ‘bip’ voice from the front door made her eyes blink. She turned off the vacuum because she finished it, and walked to the front door to see Hakyeon—who was back home for lunch break and will be back to the office at 2. Just a short interval, but Hakyeon preferred to have lunch at home with his family rather than go to café with his colleagues.

“Hi.”

“Your N is being naughty. I locked him at his room. Don’t you ever dare to open the door. I punished him because he is never listening,” she said, made Hakyeon furrowed his eyebrows, “My N? He is your N too.”

“Forget it. He sure took after you, a lot.”

She walked leaving the living room and put the chocolate pudding from freezer, cut it into some pieces before added vanilla cream into the plates. Hakyeon loosened his tie and hissed, “You’re just too tired.”

“No. N is never listening.”

“He is just five years old kid,” He added. She sighed, “I know he’s a kid, Hakyeon. But he is too ignorant. How can I finish the whole house chores if he keeps mess up the house. This is because you always say yes to all his words and now he is becoming a selfish person.”

Hakyeon put his chin on her shoulder, kissed her neck softly, “I’m going to talk to him, okay?”

“Of course you have to. You’re his dad after all,” she grumbled, walked away from Hakyeon and pulled out a chair. Hakyeon smiled, “If you are too tired to do all the house chores alone, I can call a maid to help.”

She shook her head, “No, I’m okay.”

“But N needs his mum too.”

“He only cares about his Dad. And chopper doll you bought him,” she murmured. Hakyeon kneeled down until their eyes on the same level, “There is no way N hates his mum. He is N, remember. This N and that little N loves you the most.”

She sighed, “I’m going to take a short nap. Wake me up when you are going to leave home for office.”

Hakyeon let her wife walked out from dining room and entered their bedroom. It was like the first time she let him to have a lunch alone, without her but Hakyeon chose not to ask why. Hakyeon took a key on the main table, which he believed it was the key for N’s bedroom. He opened the door and found the little N cried a lot—without made any sound.

“Dad..”

“Mum is sorry.”

“She locked me up in this bedroom. She said I can’t have my lunch. I can’t watch cartoon. I can’t eat my chocolate pudding…” Little N started to whining. Hakyeon raised his kid to his arm and put him into bed, he sat in the floor to match the eye level.

N sobbed.

“What happened with you and Mum?” asked Hakyeon. The kid in front of him blinked his watery eyes. Hakyeon added, “Dad is asking to you, N. Dad is not going to scold you.”

N rubbed his nose, he knew he did the same mistakes every day but he didn’t want to admit it in front of his Dad—which was his hero. Hakyeon bit his lips, “Do you know what Mum had to do to keep our home feels like heaven?”

N nodded.

“Mum wakes up an hour earlier before us and then Mum prepares the warm water for our bath. Mum cooks our breakfast, Mum irons your uniform and Dad’s. Then, Mum wakes us up, and when we have our bath, Mum makes up the bedrooms. Mum packed you a lunch box, for Dad too. When you leaves home for school and Dad have to work, Mum waters the flowers so they can blooms prettily, Mum clean the whole house so when your friends come, you won’t be embarrassed because our house is clean and smells good,” Hakyeon opened his mouth, explaining.

N gasped, he felt uneasy.

“Mum washes our clothes, so you can wear them every time you want to. After you home, she helps you to do your homework, she allows you to watch cartoon while she prepares for our dinner. Then, Dad comes home, she helps Dad to sorts the files and she also helps Dad do the works. When we sleep, Mum rechecks the home electricity and kitchen. She makes sure everything is safe before she goes to sleep. She doesn’t want a little thing will hurt us,” added Hakyeon.

N glued. He didn’t know that his Mum had to do those things alone. He looked up at his Dad. Hakyeon smiled, “What did you do for Mum today?”

N shook his head, “Nothing.”

“Did you put back your toys to their place like Mum always reminds you?” asked Hakyeon again. The kid shook his head.

Hakyeon knew his kid felt guilty, so he his kid’s head gently, “Do you want to ask for apologize to Mum?”

N nodded.

“Mum did a lot of things for us. Listening to every word she said and being obedient boy would make her happy, N,” Hakyeon kissed N’s forehead.

“I’m sorry, Dad.”

“Say it to Mum. She will be happy to hear that.”

N smiled, nodded, “Dad.”

“Ya?”

“Isn’t N your nickname? Then why is it became my name too?” N asked.

Hakyeon giggled, “Because Mum loves N too much. This N, and this N.” Hakyeon put his index finger to his chest and then to little chest in front of him. N laughed, the tears on his eyes were completely dried.

“So, should we wake Mum up and having lunch together?” Hakyeon smiled.

N nodded, but then he felt unsure, “But Mum said I can’t have my lunch. And she will get mad at you because you opened my room and let me out from here.”

“Believe me, Mum won’t.”

“Why?”

“Because Mum loves N.”

“Which N?” asked N, lifted one of his little eyebrows. Hakyeon laughed, “The big N.”

“But Mum loves the little N more!” protest the kid.

“No, Mum loves the big N the most!” Hakyeon insisted.

“OH WHY ARE YOU SO DAMN NOISY N?!” she yelled from the next room and rubbed her neck, groaned to the two who were chuckling together. She hissed, after those two popped out in front of the door, “Can you just low down your voice a bit, N? I told you I just want to take a short nap and you can eat first. And you N, I told you to stay in your bedroom. Ugh N, who allowed you to let this N out from his room? I punished him!”

“Which N?” asked Hakyeon and N in the same time.

She rolled her eyes, “BOTH OF YOU!”

 

 

 

{ * * }

 

 

 

“N is being good lately,” she said, resting her head to Hakyeon’s chest. The male smiled, “Of course he is.”

It was a very late night and sleepless night they had together. He wrapped his arms to her waist, staring at the beautiful face in front of him. She chuckled, “He even helped me to waters the flowers and he also offered himself to help when I was cooking for dinner.”

“Sounds great.”

“Hakyeon..” called her.

Hakyeon her hair gently, planted a soft kiss on her forehead, and cut her words, “Both of Ns will be happy to welcoming another member of family. I think little N would be happy if it’s a girl. Well, the big N also hopes it will be a girl.” He touched her tummy and caressed it.

“H-how did..”

“I’m your husband. Isn’t it normal if I recognize it even before you did?” Hakyeon pulled her closer and tighter. He pressed his lips into hers, “I would never regret my decision to have a family with you. I’m glad my wife is you.”

“Me too, Hakyeon-ah.”

“I love you.”

“I love you to the moon and back,” added her.

 

 

 

 


is it fluffly enough? ohoho :D