stardust explosions

starfish ocean tides

 

stardust explosions ;; chapter 01

“she had the kind of voice that seemed to be stuck in the hour of four o'clock”  - (lukewarm)

=============================================================================================================================================================================================

 

Bae Suzy has blood moon lips, slender limbs, and lethal devotion to dreams that never come true. Like the stars that are non-existent in the Seoul night sky.

 

But Suzy’s a stargazer (in a city with no stars) and all stargazers are a bit delusional when it comes to their imagination. Every night Suzy crawls up on the rooftop and patiently waits. It’s been seventeen years but the midnight black sky still remains bare.

 

 ☆    ☆     ☆ 

 

7:30 am. School girls pile on a city bus: plaid skirts and dark blue collars. They sit behind Suzy in typical school girl formation, hands cupped around their mouths spilling out secrets to one another.

 

Suzy is wearing a uniform too. It was 5000 won at a nearby knock-off shop. Suzy doesn’t go to school though; she’s tutored at home by a strict lady who never cracks a smile. (Her parents had scoffed at the idea of letting her to go public school) But sometimes it’s comforting to pretend she does. Comforting to pretend she fits in at least somewhere, on that crowded Monday morning bus to inner Seoul with all those other girls in preppy uniforms.

 

“He smiled at me yesterday!” a high school girl from behind whispers.

 

“Who? Who?” the rest of the girls whisper back in a chorus

 

“Him! Kim Jongin!” the girl’s voice rises to a high squeal as her friends follow along

 

“No way, why would Kim Jongin smile at you?!” another girl protests

 

“I think he likes me!”

 

“Why would he like you?” the girls scoff together “He’s Kim Jongin. Not the local convenient store worker, but Kim Jongin.”

 

“Yeah. Soo-Jung is right. He’s Kim Jongin & he’s rich. Like filthy rich.”

 

“And handsome!” a girl insightfully pipes in 

 

“He’s a chaebol heir. And you know what that means: He’s out of your rank” the other girl continues

 

 

Suzy rolls her eyes as she leans back in her seat, appreciating that filthy rich chaebol boys are none of her business (for now). Typical girls dream about untypical boys. Its a cliché that she’s gladly not a part of. Suzy dreams about sea foam washed out on ocean waves and midnight stars on a blanket of black and being anywhere except here(“elsewhere” – so its called); which makes her abnormal, she guesses.  

 

The girls continue to gossip and Suzy continues to dream (about alternative universes and other things that don’t align) and the world continues on, uninterrupted, as the bus rolls on pass flickering neon lights and bicycle stands.

 

 ☆    ☆     ☆ 

 

From the sky, a boy with salty lungs and mismatch socks looks down. His plane is about to land in 60 seconds (he has a one-way ticket to Seoul and there’s no turning back, he knows) and from the airplane window, the city looks like a starry morning galaxy, opening its arms wide, about to swallow him whole.

 

The flight attendant glances at his plane ticket and moves on to the next person.

 

[Kim Myungsoo. It reads]

 


A/N: First chapter! Enjoy & I would love to hear what you think so far. Forever and always: sorry for the wait ~ Haha, i've been procastinating lating (aka            fangirling  over some rookie bands -cough bangtan cough-) so how have you all been? ^^