In Which Donghae Is Found

We're Written in the Stars

Finally, at seven in the morning, a nonchalant Kyuhyun calls, saying that he and Wookie found Donghae. At this point, the rest of the members are already back in the dorm, some knocked out on the ground, some grumpily eating breakfast and preparing to go to a photoshoot.

Eunhyuk almost drops the phone.

“YOU FOUND HIM?!!” He screams, effectively catching the attention of every single member in the dorm.

“Yeah. We’re bringing him back now, we’ll tell you more when we get back.” Kyuhyun hung up.

Eunhyuk could not believe Kyuhyun just hung up on him. Grr.

But by now, the other members had all crowded around him expectantly.

“Don’t even bother guys, Kyuhyun’s not telling me anything until they get back,” Eunhyuk informed the members bitterly.

A disappointed sigh from everyone.

Henry stands up. “I have to go,” he announces. “Call me when Donghae-hyung gets back.”

Everyone else watches as he walks out the door, presumably to attend some kind of interview. The media loved Henry, because he was able to give them accurate accounts of what was happening in SJM. Maybe the English played a part in this too, but it was probably the accuracy that counted the most. Henry was such a terrible liar that he had no choice but to tell the absolute truth. So no funny stories about life in the dorms like the ones the other members liked to make up. No sugar-coating everything going on like the more mature members liked to do (“No really, I’m fine! Don’t worry about me. It’s just a fever and exhaustion to the point where I needed IV drops in a hospital. I’m okay. Love you, ELFs. ^^”) No lavish declarations of love or sweet promises that no one really believed anyways. (“ELF: Oppa, will you marry me?” “Okay! When should we do it? ^^”)

No, Henry only said what he really meant- nothing more, nothing less. Which could be sort of a hassle at times, but mostly other people appreciated this aspect of him.

Ten minutes after Henry had left, their front door was flung open by a very worn-out Ryeowook. Kyuhyun staggered into the dorm, an unconscious Donghae on his back. He ungracefully dropped Donghae on the couch, lying down on the floor beside it with his eyes closed.

“Aish, what has he been eating?” Kyuhyun complained, massaging his sore back. “So much heavier than last year…”

Eunhyuk was still feeling a bit upset at Kyuhyun for hanging up on him, so he decided to bombard Ryeowook with his questions instead.

“What’s wrong with him? Where did you find him?! WHAT HAPPENED?!! IS HE GOING TO BE OKAY?!!!” Eunhyuk’s voice rose with each question.

Ryeowook also closed his eyes, massaging his temples.

“WHY WON’T ANYONE ANSWER MY QUESTIONS?!” Eunhyuk cried.

A few minutes later, after Eunhyuk had been successfully put to bed (the members promised to have Donghae tell him everything later), and Kyuhyun mostly revived from his trudge up the stairs with Donghae on his back (“Stupid elevator,” Kyuhyun grumbled whenever anyone would listen. “Of course it had to break today.”), Ryeowook began to tell the story of how he found Donghae…