1/1

The beginning

 

The weather in Seoul was finally hot; it was the middle of summer after all. It was too hot to go out and you were comfortable staying inside with your AC on full blast. However, once you finally got settled with your movies and pajamas to have a lazy day in by yourself your best friend ran in the door.

“Come on ____” she panted, as if she had ran up all ten flights of stairs to your apartment, “you HAVE to come with me right now. The guys are playing basketball at the park and Kangin invited me to come. PLEASE come with me?!”

“Fine” you grumble as you silently say good bye to your lazy day plans and get dressed to go out into the heat. As you headed out you asked who was going to be there and was surprised to find out that besides Kangin you hadn’t met his other friends yet. You started to feel a bit awkward since you felt like you were not presentable to other people, especially ones you didn’t know. You run over the names in your head. Kangin, he was your friends crush, they had been friends for longer than the two of you have, but neither one of them ever confessed. Siwon, you have never met him, but you’ve heard of him. He was super religious and was rich. You didn’t really know how you felt about him, your friend never really talked about him at all.

However the last one, Donghae, you haven’t met him yet but as soon as you knew he was going to be there you wanted to run right back to your apartment and get dressed up maybe do your hair and put makeup on so that you looked like a human being.  However your friend was already dragging you along the side of the road to the park before you even had a chance to change your mind.

You and your friend sat on the bleached by the basketball courts there was no shade the sun was beating down on you fully. You started getting hot and wishing you was back in your cold apartment. That’s when you saw them. Siwon was of course not wearing a shirt. When was he ever though?  Donghae had on a white wife beater and shorts. It took your breath away for a few seconds before you regained composure. Kangin waved to your friend she smiled and waved, however at that moment the other two notice him and looked in your direction.

His eyes felt as if they pierced right through to your soul. The sweat from him playing shined on his face and shoulders and his hair looked perfect even though it too was covered in sweat.  He smiled and you felt your heart skip a beat, how could his smile be even more perfect?  You smiled and blushed. However, your friend caught you and poked you in the side.

”Yah, Donghae is cute isn’t he?” she whispered to you. “You are the color of a tomato, you must like him” All you could do was giggle and hide your face.

The time of the day passed, the boys just kept on playing their games. They had to be crazy playing that hard in this heat. You were just sitting there and you were exhausted.  Your eyes started to close and you felt yourself curl up on the bleachers trying to get comfortable.  Your friend said something about joining the boys you just grumbled and fell asleep.

You felt hands on you. You realized you were being carried as you slowly opened your eyes. It was dark outside and you recognized where you were. “Hey sleepy!” your friend shouted “we are heading to my place to watch a movie, but you fell asleep so we didn’t want to wake you” she explained.

“OK” you responded still groggy. You curled into the chest of whoever was carrying you not even thinking to look to see who it was.  You opened your eyes again when you were finally at your friends place. The lights stung your eyes and you rubbed them. When you started to move you were placed down onto the couch so you didn’t fall. Only then did you look up into the face of the man carrying you. You immediately looked away and stammered thank you as your face turned dark red once more.

“You know you’re very cute when you are asleep” He said quietly as he sat next to you on the couch. “You do! “He affirmed when shook your head and looked away. You felt your heart racing but couldn’t understand how someone you just met made you feel that way. You looked at him again and he had that goofy smile on his face as your friend and Kangin walked into the room with a whole bunch of snacks.

“what movie are we going to watch” You asked, and at that moment Donghae sprang to life and ran over to the DVD case and selected one without any thought and handed it to Kangin to put in the player. He came back and sat next to you as your friend sat on the floor in front of you. You all got comfortable as the movie started. You watched as Finding Nemo Started on your screen the other two laughed, “of course you would pick THIS movie Donghae” your friend stated as she latched onto Kangin's arm and leaned into him. You saw him smile and wondered what happened while you were asleep.

As you watched more and more of the movie you realized how tired you were and you found yourself snuggled into Donghae's side. You glanced up and saw his smile and you almost forgot how to breathe.  He reached his arm around you to hold you closer, only to look down to see you staring at him; he blushed but didn’t look away. His eyes were even more beautiful up close, they looked like heaven. They were intense but you knew he was looking at you not through you and it made it seem so much more intimate as you looked deep into them. You couldn’t help that smile that crept onto your face that wouldn’t leave for the rest of the night.

Even though the movie was drawing to a close, he still hadn’t moved his arm from around your shoulders. Kangin said something about having to leave; you were really not paying attention. All of your focus was on this man in front of you, and how his hand was on your shoulder holding him close to you. While your friend and Kangin cleaned up, Donghae took the opportunity to have some privacy with you. He leaned in close to your ear.

“You truly are beautiful, I hope this isn’t the last time I see you.” He had a childish grin on his face as he awaited a reaction from you. you couldn’t help but smile as you replied “I hope not either” He went on to tell you how your friend always talks about you and that he has heard quite a lot about you; and how he has wanted to meet you for a while, and that he begged Kangin to invite your friend along so that you would come today. You smiled like an idiot as you leaned forward and placed a kiss on his cheek.

He grabbed you into a hug before you had a chance to pull away.  Even though it was the first time he hugged you like that, but it felt like you belonged there forever. You never wanted to leave his embrace as you felt his muscles holding you tight and secure. After what felt like a really long time, Kangin reemerged telling Donghae that they really had to go, since they had an early morning.

Donghae looked sad to be leaving but you both knew it was only the beginning of something as he pressed a piece of paper into your hand. You waved goodbye one last time and watched them walk out the door.

You opened the note: coffee 4pm? You smiled knowing you would be able to see this boy tomorrow and every day after that if you wanted to.