Chapter 5

Together, for forever.

The next day in school

- Minhyuk's POV-

Aish where is this girl? The bell is going to ring soon, and she's still not here yet. Don't tell me she's late again. This is so worrying, I'd better go wait for her at the school gate. I mean, what if her ankle is hurting? Someone needs to be there to help her. Well, I'll be that someone.

I ran down the stairs two steps at a time and strode toward the school gate. Omo the gate is closing, but I don't spot Soo Min anywhere. CHICKEN MCNUGGET, WHERE IS THIS GIRL?? Oh right! I have her number, I'll call her and find out. -Pabo Soo Min- (call)

Soo Min: *Toot toot* Agh.. hello?

Minhyuk: Hey, where are you now? The school gate is closing!

Soo Min: I.. ugh.. I'm on my way now.

Wait. Something doesn't feel right. Is she hurt somewhere?

Minhyuk: YAH ARE YOU HURT? WHERE ARE YOU?!! DID YOU FALL DOWN? HUH HUH?? ANSWER ME!

Soo Min: Aniya, I.. I'm just tired. No need to worry.

*Someone in the background* Yeobo-ah, 3 Shil Street is really pretty... omo agassi, are you alright?

OH SHE'S DEFINITELY NOT OKAY.

Minhyuk: BAEK SOO MIN, STAY RIGHT THERE AND DON'T MOVE AN INCH. I'M COMING TO GET YOU.

Soo Min: Yah, it's oka-

I hung up before she could start protesting. GAHD THIS STUBBORN GIRL. She'd better be there waiting for me when I get there, and how can she even think of coming to school like that? If she's hurt she should've just said something instead of making me worry about her. Wait, she's just someone I came to know only yesterday, so why am I that worried about her? Aniya, she's hurt that's why. Right, let me hurry and find her before her injury worsens.

I ran as fast as I could all the way to 3 Shil Street, knocking into a street lamp on the way. OUCH. I yelled at the street lamp as if no one was there. IT'S NOT MY FAULT.

Minhyuk: Watch where you're going! That hurt!!

Immediately, everyone on the street turned to stare at me weirdly. 

Erm. Why is everyone looking at me right now? What did I do? ...Okay, this is awkward. OH! I can see Soo Min over there by the bookshop. Poor girl, she's still trying to limp her way to school. Then again, that bratty little sister of hers who's fine gets to ride to school in a limousine?? What is this man. I'd better go help her now, no hurry since we're late anyway. 

Minhyuk: *pants* Baek Soo Min! Are you alrigh- WOAH!

Silence.

OH. MY. GOD.

 

-Soo Min's POV-

Sheesh, why must my ankle hurt even more than yesterday? I can't even walk properly now, how am I gong to get to school huh. Whatever, I hope I won't be late again, first period's gym and I'll have to run laps around the school if I can't reach on time. I tried walking faster but my ankle hurt even more when I put my weight on it. Come on Soo Min, you can do this!

As I was struggling to walk to school, my phone started ringing. Just when I am like what, struggling right now?? What a perfect timing. I whipped out my phone from my pocket and answered it without looking at the caller id.

Soo Min: *Toot toot* Agh.. hello?

Minhyuk: Hey, where are you now? The school gate is closing!

I looked at the caller id on my screen. Oh, it's Minhyuk. Right, like who else would call me huh. What am I expecting?

Soo Min: I.. ugh.. I'm on my way now.

I could hear him pause for a while before he took a deep breath and yelled. IN MY FREAKING EAR.

Minhyuk: YAH ARE YOU HURT? WHERE ARE YOU?!! DID YOU FALL DOWN? HUH HUH?? ANSWER ME!

Oh god, does he know about  my ankle? Crap.

Soo Min: Aniya, I.. I'm just tired. No need to worry.

*Someone on the street* Yeobo-ah, 3 Shil Street is really pretty.. omo agassi, are you alright?

what. the. hell. SHE JUST GAVE ME AWAY! MINHYUK MUST HAVE HEARD IT. ARGHHH.

Minhyul: BAEK SOO MIN, STAY RIGHT THERE AND DON'T MOVE AN INCH. I'M COMING TO GET YOU.

Yep, he heard it alright.

Soo Min: Yah, it's oka-

*click*

Speechless.

WOW THANKS. HE JUST HUNG UP ON ME. Such a stubborn face in the . Sigh, I'll just have to wait for him then.

I sat at the curb, waiting for Minhyuk. As time passed, I got bored. Where is he??

Nevermind, I'll try to get to school myself. What was I thinking? A kingka like him is never gonna come for me anyway. I sighed and tried to limp to school. OUCH. Okay don't cry, Baek Soo Min. Just hold it in for a bit more and it'll be fine.

Suddenly, I heard panting and looked up. It was Minhyuk. Wow, he really came? That's... surprising.

Minhyuk: *pants* Baek Soo Min! Are you alrigh- WOAH!

Silence.

OH. MY. GOD.

IS THAT HIS LIPS ON MINE RIGHT NOW?! AISH WHY DID HE HAVE TO TRIP ON THAT STUPID BANANA PEEL THAT APPEARED FROM NOWHERE??? OKAY, THIS IS SO EMBARASSING. AND THERE GOES MY FIRST KISS TOO.. *sobs*

I quickly pushed Minhyuk away and sat up, blushing madly. What do I say now? He looks pretty flustered too.

Soo Min: Erm.. 

Minhyuk: I'M SORRY!! I DIDN'T MEAN TO KISS YO- I MEAN, LAND ON YOU.. NO WAIT. I MEAN I..I... OH NEVERMIND!!

Well, that was awkward. 

Soo Min: Erm, It's okay.. wait, why are you sweating?

Minhyuk: I ran here for yo- ...Hey wait, that's not the problem right now. We're late! Get on my back.

He crouched on the ground and waited for me to get on. Well, this is new. I mean, no guy has ever ran to help me before and now, Minhyuk's doing just that. I got on and hugged him tightly. He smells nice even though he's sweating profusely. I felt tears rolling down my cheeks, landing on his back. I was touched that he cares for me, not once but twice already. Maybe he's not that bad after all.

 

-Minhyuk's POV-

...That was awkward just now. Why was I so flustered? It's just a kiss, right? I mean, I've kissed so many girls before, this should be nothing. But her lips, they were so smooth and soft and- Hey, what am I thinking about huh. Lee Minhyuk, erase those thoughts now! Oh right, we're late! Better hurry up and get to school. Well, I'll have to piggyback her since she can't even walk there. Be a man, Minhyuk!

Minhyuk: ...We're late! Get on my back.

She hesitated for a while before getting on, wrapping her arms around my neck. Yum, she smells like strawberries. I ran as fast as I could to school, stopping at a traffic junction on the way. Suddenly, I felt hot liquid dripping down my neck. Hey, is she crying?!

Minhyuk: Yah... why are you crying? Are you hurt anywhere?

Soo Min: Ani.. I'm just touched. No one has ever cared for me before, except you, and twice even. You're really different from what I first thought of you, you know that? I just wish that this will last.

When I heard that, my heart hurt. What has this girl gone through? Look at her, she's so sweet, who couldn't be nice to her? And I'm the only one to do that? What about her family? Oh right, Soo Yeon's an example. That unfeeling . Her family could be worse.

Minhyuk: Shh don't cry, I'll always care for you, okay?

She nodded lightly and rested her head in the crook of my neck, falling asleep. Haha, this girl is so unpredictable. I guess I'll wake her up when we reach then. *smiles*