Stranger

Crinkle

S t r a n g e r

pairing: sunggyu x hayoung

words count: 981

***

she yawns and bents her head down. the cafe is not really full with people today. if she's not mistaken, there are only six costumers since they opened at 8:00 am. it's already 11:07 am too.

well, it has been five days since she entered the cafe near her campus and became the one who works in the cashier. 

at first, working is not in her life's list. but being the curious person she is, she decided to work at the cafe to get a new experience of life. 

she is still daydreaming when her co-worker calls her, "hayoung!" 

she immediately opens her eyes and realises that there is a new costumer standing in front of the cashier table. 

from what she has analyzed, the man in front of her is 23+ years old, a business man. perhaps more than five years older than hayoung who is already in the senior year at the campus she's currently studying. 

"one caramel latte, please. uhm and one red velvet," he smiles to hayoung, which makes hayoung looks down to the cashier machine, a little bit flustered. 

"ah yes. is that all?" he nods. "it's $9.50 for both of it." 

the man smiles again, and puts the money on the table. 

"you can sit wherever you like while i make your order, sir." hayoung bows her head a bit.

the man laughs, "am i that old too? don't call me sir, it makes me feel older than i should be."

but at last the man makes his steps to the seat near the door too. 

while making his order, hayoung's mind is running so fast, leaving hayoung's forehead gets folded.

when she has finished making both of them, she walks to the man who is sitting on the sofa and fingers tapping on the black mini ipad he has. she bents down and put the orders on the table. 

"thank you," he takes a quick glance on the name tag which is stamped on her uniform, "oh hayoung-ssi."

she quickly shuffles her steps to the cashier counter, eyes dazzling happily, lips curves into a smile, and arms hugging the thin flower printed tray she brought latter for the stranger's orders.

it may sounds weird and creepy, but she hopes, he will come to the cafe again next time. 

***

and it just flows like that. the following days after they first met, he routinely came to the cafe, ordered the same menu like he ordered the first day he came. first they exchanged glances, second they exhanged smiles, third they exchanged names, fourth they exchanged numbers, fifth they exchanged their own short stories, sixth? 

***

it's a fine day in winter where the weather is so friendly, too friendly for a winter season, he snows are falling slowly, not too much, and it makes the day even becomes more beautiful than it already is. 

hayoung and sunggyu have made a deal to meet at a small park for a date near the cafe hayoung is working at. 

hayoung mumbles under her breath while she makes her steps to the park. 

and there he is, kim sunggyu, the stranger man who made hayoung flustered the first time they met, sitting on a bench. he smiles when he sees hayoung making her ways to him. 

"uhm hi."

"hello."

hayoung coughs and starts trying to make the atmosphere becomes comfortable. 

"how long have you been waiting?"

sunggyu chuckles because he can clearly hear the woman next to him is feeling nervous, her voice is a little bit shaky.

"two hours, i guess."

"oh.. two hou-," hayoung's eyes widens in shock as she turns her head and faces sunggyu, "wait, what? two hours? oh my god, am i that late? are you freezing? oh my god, i guess you are freezing. stupid me. come, let's get a hot drink." 

hayoung is about to stand up and walks to the hot coffee machine at the park when his muscular hand grabs her wrist. 

"no need to. just stay here, with me."

and that sentence makes hayoung's cheeks turn red, as red as tomato, and it is definitely obvious. 

they spent the next two hours with going to the nearest restaurant, ordered some foods, ate them, went back to the park, talking about their own life. 

"sunggyu-ssi, do you want to ride that ferris-wheel?" hayoung says, pointing at the catchy ferris-wheel.

sunggyu chuckles and nods, "but seriously, drop the formality please. since i am seven years older than you, call me-"

"ahjussi?" hayoung cuts sunggyu's sentence with a teasing voice. 

"what, ahjussi? no way! call me oppa. sunggyu oppa."

"fine, sunggyu oppa."

sunggyu smiles, grabs hayoung's wrist slowly and drags her to the ferris-wheel. surprisingly, there are not so many people queueing, so both of them can get to the ride, faster than they both expect. 

inside it, the atmosphere suddenly turn a little bit awkward. hayoung, who is playing with her own fingers, looks up when sunggyu calls her. 

"look at my eyes," sunggyu takes a deep breath before softly grabs hayoung's jaw and leans for a kiss.

hayoung eyes widen in shock, she can't do anything, just stares out of space like that. 

when sunggyu breaks the kiss, hayoung, fortunately, has stopped staring out of space blankly like before. sunggyu's cheeks redden, so does hayoung's. 

after an awkward five minutes, sunggyu breaks the silence by slowly grabbing both of hayoung’s hands. when he is about to say something, hayoung hugs him. later, sunggyu hugs her back.

slowly, with a really soft voice, hayoung whispers, “i love you, sunggyu oppa.”

sunggyu’s cheeks get red again, and he thanks god in his head, because hayoung can’t see his red cheeks. but later, he finally manages to reply the younger girl’s sentence too, which makes both of them drowned in the sea of happiness.

“i love you too, agassi.”

and he chuckles.

***

sixth; they exchange hugs, kisses, and i love yous.

fin.


yeay for first chapter! what do you think?

again, sorry for all the gramatical errors.

enjoy!