The City Of Love

Don't Leave Me

 

“Good evening ladies and gentleman, this is your pilot speaking. We have arrived in Paris. The current time is 7 in the evening. The current temperature is 18 degree celsius. Please remain seated until the seat belt sign is switched off. Thank you for flying with us, have a good day ahead and we hope to see you again soon.”

“Sunggyu oppa! Wake up and look outside! Paris is so beautiful!” I gently nudged Sunggyu, who was asleep.

We were in Paris! I’d told Sunggyu once on our date that I’ve wanted to come here since I was young, and being that romantic idiot he was, he brought me here as my birthday gift. And yes, Kim Sunggyu was my boyfriend, if you’ve been wondering.

“Eh? Oh…Wow…It is beautiful…” He squinted his eyes at me and smiled before closing his eyes again.

“Yah! Oppa! You didn’t even look! Just wake up! We’re here already!” I playfully slapped his arm and he winced in pain.

“Arrasso! Arrasso! That hurts!” He pinched my cheeks.

People were already starting to walk out of the plane and I tugged impatiently at Sunggyu’s sleeve, “Hurry! The door’s open! Let’s go!”

I stood up and tip-toed to reach for our hand luggage in the overhead compartment, but my short hands just can’t seem to reach it. How I hate being short.

A hand from behind me reached up and pulled the luggage down, “You’re so short.” Sunggyu laughed at me, his eyes still sleepy when he bended down to kiss my cheeks.

I felt my cheeks burn, “Finally decided to wake up huh? I’ll let you go this time for calling me short since you took down the luggage for me. Otherwise…” I put my hand in a shape of a knife at the base of my neck.

“Yes mam. Let’s go! By the way, you’re so cute when you blush.” With that, he entwined my fingers with his and walked out of the plane with me, making me blush even harder, gosh, this boy makes me crazy.

 

“Ah…Ah…Choo!” I sneezed again. Was it just me? Or was Paris’s afternoons  even colder than night? Okay, it was definitely me, and I was getting sick, it’s so cold…I rubbed my arms and hugged myself, trying to get warmer.

“Ha Na, are you okay? I think you’re sick…Let’s go back to the hotel so you can rest,” Sunggyu told me as he touched my forehead, “Thank goodness you don’t have a fever, it’s probably the cold.”

I gazed up at the ferris wheel and roller coaster. People were screaming as the roller coaster went downhill at an extremely and crazily fast speed. What a thrill!

“But we haven’t gone on those rides yet!” I pointed to the roller coaster and pouted, “Please oppa please?”

He raised his eyebrows and thought for a moment, then told me, “Nah, I rather we come back later so you won’t end up getting a fever.”

“Yah! You’re so bad! Fine then, we’d better come back later! If not…”I gave him a evil smile and stuck out my tongue at him.

“Childish girl.” He laughed and ruffled my hair.

“Oppa you’re making it messy!” I pouted at him again.

“That’s even better, so other guys won’t look at you.” He smirked.

“Childish guy.” I told him and stuck out my tongue at him once again.

He laughed again, “Let’s go.” Taking off his jacket, he put it on me and then with his arm around my shoulders, we left for the hotel.

 

“To Four Seasons hotel please.” Sunggyu told the taxi driver in English since he couldn’t speak France, at least the taxi driver understood his horrible attempt at speaking English. I laughed in my mind and made a note to about it later.

“Ha Na, you look cold, come a little closer.” He said as he tucked a lock of hair that had fallen out of place and then pulled me closer. At that point, my cheeks were probably the same shade of red as my shirt. I leaned on his broad shoulder, warming myself as he wrapped his arms around me.

 

“Oppa, I’m c-c-co-cold…” I was lying on the bed, even though three layers of sheets were now wrapped around me, my teeth were still chattering and goose bumps were all over my body. My head hurt. I was absolutely positive that I was sick. 

Sunggyu put down the book he was reading and came over to the bed. Sitting on the empty place beside me, he placed a hand on my forehead, “Ha Na! You’re burning! I’m going to go out to buy some medicine for you. Get some rest, I won’t be long.” His usually unreadable eyes were now filled with worry and concern.

With a weak smile, I put my hand on his face, “Oppa, I don’t know what I’ll do without you…I love you.”

He smiled back at me, ”I love you too, Promise me you’ll get well soon okay? I’ll be back soon, don’t worry.”

“Come back soon oppa…” I told him as he bent down and kissed my forehead.

Closing my eyes, I heard Sunggyu shuffling around the house, the front door closed and then there was silence. Over-comed with exhaustion, I felt myself drift into a deep sleep.