Final

The First Step

 

     “Minho...” you mutter, a blank expression taking over your features. You don't get an answer. Sighing, you repeat. “Minho,” a little louder.

Nothing.

     Rolling you eyes, you grab your pencil facing the sleeping boy beside your desk. Smirking, you stick the pencil in his ear. Instantly Minho jumps up with a high pitch yelp.

     “Holy mother-”

     “Minho!” the teacher yells, a scowl on her face, “stop fooling around with Ariel.” You glare at Mrs. Lee.

     “I didn't do anyth-”

     “Be quiet,” she cuts you off, “or you're both going to the office.” The two of you nod your heads, slowly sinking back in your seats. Minho gives you a pissed look, you simply stick you tongue out at him.

     “.” He mutters.

     “I wasn't the one sleeping in class, .” You shoot back.

 

OOO

 

     “Hey!” you yell, running for the ball. Minho chuckles, picking up his speed.

     “You're so slow!” he teases, laughing as he scores in the soccer net. Your gym teacher blows his whistle, pointing to Minho's team.

     “Five, zero!” he announces. You groan, trying your best to regain your breathing. You stare at Minho as he high fives his classmates. No fair, you think, he's the best in his soccer team. You don't realize you've been glaring for a while. Embarrassed, you're about to look away when Minho catches your eye. He smirks then winks, showing off his cocky side. You roll your eyes, but your heart oddly thumps a little faster.

 

OOO

 

     Minho is sent to clean up the gym one day. He doesn't want to, but he know he really pissed off his soccer coach during practice. As he stuffs some nets in the storage room, he hears the gym doors open. Curious, he silently checks to see who it is. Minho grins when he notices it's you. You're frantically searching the floor for something. Confused, Minho simply hides behind the storage door observing as you panic.

     “Oh my God,” you sigh, a look of defeat and sadness in your voice. Minho bites his lip, feeling his heart clench at your distraught figure leaving the gym.

     A moment passes. Once Minho is sure you're gone, he steps out. What was Ariel looking for? he thinks, glancing around the room. Al of a sudden, he takes notice of a pink necklace laying on the floor. Smiling, he jogs up to it, gently picking it up.

 

OOO

 

     “Prom is coming up!” one of your friends cheer. You only groan.

     “Yay...” you mumble sarcastically. Your friend rolls her eyes.

     “Oh please,” she scoffs, “you're only acting that way because you're not going with anybody.” You glare at her.

     “Um no,” you deny, “I already have a date.” Your friend gasps.

     “What? Who?! How come you didn't tell me!” She fusses, shaking your shoulders.

     “I'm going with myself.” You chuckle at you little joke, making your friend drop her arms, a playful smile on her face.

     “Ha, ha, very funny,” she says, but something catches her eye. She raises an eyebrow. “Look who we have here.” You turn around in you seat, you see Minho walk into class laughing with one of his friends. “You should go with him,” she suggests, her lips tugging into a grin. You give her a face.

     “What? No! Ew.” You hiss.

     “Oh come one, it's obvious you like him, and I wouldn't be surprised if he liked you too.” Your eyes widen.

     “I do not like him,” you declare.

     “Right,” your friend puckers her lips.

     “What's going on?” Minho asks, taking his place beside you. “Are you talkn' about how awesome I am?” he chuckled.

     “Oh please,” Ariel rolls her eyes, but her cheeks turn a bit pink.

 

OOO

 

     “You like him.”

     “No I don't.”

     “Yes, you do.”

     “Um, no I don't.”

     “Stop denying it.”

     “I'm not denying anything.”

     “Yes you are.”

     “No!”

     “Yes!”

     “Oh my God stop...” you groan, your face burning up.

     “You like him.”

     “...”

     “You stopped denying I see.”

     “No, I just decided to ignore you.”

     “Rude,” you huff at that, “you still like him.”

     “...”

     “Just admit it.”

     “Ugh...”

     “Come on Ariel! You two have been quarreling for the past twelve years! You love him, so accept the fact and start dating already!” You friend fumes.

     “Shut up.” You sigh.

     “You like him.” You friend repeats.

     “I like him,” you five up. You couldn't push away the truth anymore.

     “I know.” You friend giggles.

 

OOO

 

     “You're alone.”

     “Yes, I know!” You bicker.

     “I told you you should've gone with Minho.” At the sound of his name you blush.

     “Hush it.”

     “Well, you're gonna be a loner I guess.” You look up at your friend.

     “You have a date?” You question.

     “Um duh,” she replies, “while you were crushing on Min I was asked by Key. So you can have fun avoiding the love of your life while I have an awesome time.”

     “You're such a-”

     “Oh! There he is!” she squeals, “I'm going.” She skips away from you, but right before leaving, she turns around and says, “oh yeah, Minho is single by the way,” and disappears. You stand there, confusion on your face. Hadn't anyone asked him to Prom? You think, he is very popular with the girls.

     For a long time you are alone, leaning against the wall, boredly watching the girls and boys dance together. They all look beautiful, you notice. The girls are wearing long flowy dresses, their hair done, makeup on. A small frown tugs at your lips. You wish that you had a date, you wish that instead of fighting with Minho, you could have become friends... or even more. You flush at the thought. However, you know it's impossible thought. Guys like him would never love a girl like you. You sigh. This wasn't the kind of Prom you were expecting it to be.

     “Hey there little mermaid,” someone snaps you out of your thoughts. You raise an eyebrow at the lame nickname.

     “Little merma- Minho?” you gaps. Holy mother of poo he's gorgeous.

     “Why do you look so surprised?” he laughs, “am I that handsome?” You blush.

     “Yeah sure, in your dreams.” You lie, hating how nervous you feel. Minho continues to chuckle, standing by your side. He looks at all the people dancing, than glances at you, who's staring at your shoes. There is a long silence. Neither of you know what to say.

     “You uh...” Minho clears his throat, “look really good.” You snap your head in his direction.

     “What?” Minho blushes, fidgeting in his spot.

     “I said you look good,” he repeats, not able to meet your eye. You feel your whole body go numb. Your heart is thumping louder than the music.

     “Oh... I – thank you.” You mumble, getting flustered.

     There's another awkward silence.

     “Do you...” Minho starts. You glance up at him.

     “Do I?” you ponder. Minho feels his face go red.

     “Uh...” he stutters.

     “Yeah?” you drag on, the suspicion seriously killing you.

     “Do you wanna dance?” Minho frantically asks, now completely nervous. You stay silent for a moment, trying not to freak out while processing everything he had just said.

     “Okay,” you reply.

     “Really?” Minho gasps. You nod.

 

OOO

 

     “Hey Ariel,” Minho calls, running up to your retreating figure. You turn around, a little confused, yet still extremely happy that you were able to dance with Minho.

     “Yes?” He pants once he reaches you, both your hearts beating like crazy.

     “I... hold on,” he says, stuffing his hand in his pocket. He takes out a necklace. Your eye go wide when he places it in you hand.

     “Where did you find this?” you ask, utterly surprised.

     “In the gym,” Minho explains, rubbing the back of his neck in a nervous manner.

     “Thank you,” you sincerely tell him, “thank you so much.”

     “You're welcome,” Minho blushes, staring into your eyes. The both of you remain in that position, before you realize your bus will be leaving soon.

     “I...” you reluctantly speak, “have to go.” Minho's face drops. “I guess I'll see you later then?” you ask. He frowns.

     “Yeah... sure.” His voice getting lower, eyes falling to the ground. You sadly smile, walking away.

     Minho panics. He doesn't want you to leave, he doesn't want this to be it. Taking the first step, he grabs your arm. Your heart jumps when you notice how close Minho's face is to yours.

     “Wait, Ariel,” he says, “can we... get together, sometime... um, this weekend?” You almost drop your necklace, but Minho grabs your hand, bringing it to your heart. “Please?” he asks. There is no way of describing how happy you are. A smile pulls at your lips.

     “I – yeah of course.” You gleam. He sighs out of relief.

     “Great, that's great,” he grins, showing off his perfect teeth. “So... Saturday?” You nod.

     “Saturday,” you agree. He hesitantly lets go of your hand. He shyly laughs taking a few steps away.

     “Okay, I'll see you then.” He says, waving his hand.

     “See you,” you wave back.

     The two of you can't drop the growing smiles on your face.

 

~ End ~

 

Oh my God that was cute X3

-LonDon323