180 degree turn

Timeless Melody

Cho hee

Kai is standing against the wall in my room looking at me with narrowed eyes. I try to ignore his glare and try to read in one of my study books since the exams are coming up within two weeks. After a few failed attempts to understand the first sentence I turn around to face Kai. ‘’What?’’ I say after a loud sigh. ‘’What were you doing with Taemin?’’

His question hits right through me and I shift uncomfortably. I don’t even want to remember what I did with him…

Flashback:

The doorbell rings, but Taemin seems to ignore it. ‘’The…door’’, I say while returning his kisses. When the door rings for the second time, he reluctantly backs off and walks towards the door. I get up as well trying to fix my clothes. Right at that moment a girl around my age walks in casually. When she sees me she stops immediately and the smile on her face disappears as well. Taemin follows after her with an angry and also confused expression. ‘’What are-‘’ however he gets cut off by Kai who appears as well.

‘’Cho Hee?’’ He looks at me surprised and then takes a look at my messy hair. I try to smooth it, but my cheeks flush a little. ‘’Taemin!’’ The girl apparently talks to Taemin, but glares at me, ’’I look away for a second and you play around with something like this…’’

My eyes widen, hearing her talking down on me. ‘’And who exactly are you?!’’ I say angrily. ‘’Girlfriend’’, she says with an evil smile. ‘’EX girlfriend’’, Taemin butts in correcting her. What is this about? Is she his girlfriend or ex girlfriend? Just when I want to ask Kai grabs my arm and tries to get me out of the house. ‘’Wait!’’ Taemin grabs my other arm, but Kai growls at him. ‘’I won’t let you play around with Cho Hee.’’ Taemin gets taken aback with his comment and so do I. I let myself get dragged away by Kai and we end up home without saying a single word. Well at least I refused to say anything…

 

End flashback

 

‘’Who was that girl?’’ I ask trying to shake off the attention. He shrugs, but takes a chair and sits next to me. ‘’The three of us were childhood friends.’’ Ah, so that’s why Taemin and Kai know each other.

‘’Her name is Yoo He Yi. Before my mother married your father, I lived in Korea and hung out with those two. At that time those two were dating, however…’’

I lean in closer to hear his next sentence. He stops and stares back at me. ‘’So what did you two do?’’ He pierces my eyes with his intense gaze.

‘’Why do you ask about that?’’ I say annoyed. ‘’How far did you go?’’ Kai ignores my question while still looking at me. ‘’We only kissed’’, I say with a small voice staring at my book.

He sighs quietly and continues. ‘’Taemin cheated on her and she left Korea for some time.’’

My mouth hung open hearing Kai’s words. Taemin cheated on her? ‘’But now they’re together again’’, he says while gauging my reaction. I shake my head slightly trying to comprehend his words. ‘’He Yi told me herself’’, he shakes his head in disapproval, ’’she deserves someone better, but I guess she still loves him.’’ I just sit there staring blankly. Did I get played with twice within two months?

Kai places his hands on both sides of my face. ‘’Don’t get swayed by him. I saw you get hurt once and that was more than enough for me…’’

I smile at him and place my head on his chest. He my hair while my thoughts are still in disarray. Damn you Taemin…

The next morning I wake up by a call. Half sleepily I look at my phone only to see that Taemin is calling again. I reject it and fall back on my bed closing my eyes. I turn to my left and peek at the empty place, Kai has left already. It would have been nice if we could have a nice breakfast outside. Then I hear the door of my bathroom. I look up and see Kai coming out of it with only a towel around his middle. ‘’Kai!’’ I yell suddenly fully awake. He casually walks towards the mirror and checks his wet hair. I feel my face getting redder. ‘’This is MY room, go and shower in your own room. How could you just come out with THAT on?!’’ While I keep nagging at him he comes over to me. ‘’Stop right there! Don’t com- Ahhh!’’

He jumps on me and takes the other towel around his broad shoulder to wipe my face with it. ‘’You talk too much, little girl. I will give you a refreshing shower.’’

He lifts me up and brings me to the bathroom. I scream and try to get out of his grip, but he won’t budge at all. Within a second he throws me in the bathtub full with lukewarm water. I grown in annoyance. ‘’Should I join you?’’ He asks ready to enter. ‘’No’’, I say tying to push him off.
He laughs hard and retreats while holding his hands up. ‘’To make up for it let’s go eat breakfast outside’’, he says as if he can read my mind.
I nod and try to look annoyed. He flashes a smile and leaves the bathroom.

 

The morning with Kai was great, but it got spoiled by this guy I’m sitting next to. We’re heading towards a salon where our engagement will take place.
I already had this dark feeling of revenge in me, but with the thing that happened with Taemin it got worse. Suddenly I knew what to do…

 I slowly turn around to face Myung Soo who was focusing on the road. He notices my stare and looks back at me a few times.
‘’What is it?’’ he asks curiously. I just shrug and keep on looking at him. When we arrive at our destination and we take a look around I decide to take the next step. He stands a few steps away with his back to me.
I close the distance and wrap my arm around his waist while putting my lips to his left ear. His body freezes on place, but he doesn’t back off.
‘’I liked how you kissed me that night’’, I say in an alluring voice. Myung Soo turns around and holds me by my waist pulling me into a corner.
He my hair gently while analyzing my expression cautiously. ‘’Show me how you really feel. I will give you another chance’’, I say kissing his lips softly. He flashes my favorite crooked smile and kisses my forehead. ‘’I won’t disappoint you…’’

 

Myung Soo and I return home with our hands clasped tightly.
‘’Take care, I’ll see you tomorrow’’, he says and leaves. I walk further towards my own house, but stop to look at the message I got earlier.

‘’If you want to know more about your mother’s accident wait for me at … next week…’’- Anonymous.

My heart begins to race up and my stomach begins to twirl around. How did this person find my number? And how does this person know I’m looking into this matter?

I shake off the bad thoughts and decide to show up at that day. However I have my engagement on that day as well.

Myung Soo

When I return home my mother looks up happily. ‘’You’re in a good mood I see?’’

I nod happily and give a kiss on her cheek and head upstairs. Cho Hee is giving me a second chance! It still felt like a dream. My phone goes off and when I see who is calling I answer immediately. ‘’Did you find something?’’ I ask curiously. ‘’Yes, they will meet up at … next week on …’’

My smile disappears the moment I hear the date. Seriously on the day of my engagement this needs to happen?

It’s late in the evening and I miss Cho Hee already. I call her to ask if we can meet in the garden. She agrees and I get out the house immediately.

 

Cho Hee

Before I leave my room I look back at Kai who is sleeping on my bed with his cute expression. When I’m outside I see Myung Soo sitting on one of the chairs. I remember the day we first met each other. He stole my lyric book and read out a few lines…

I walk over to him and he gets up when he sees me. ‘’Hey beauty’’, he says while giving me kiss on my lips. I greet back with a smile. However we get interrupted for the second time by the same person. ‘’Su Hwa’’, I say plainly, but tighten my grip around Myung Soo’s hand. ‘’So you still can forgive him after all he has done to you?’’ She smirks at me.

‘’I never asked you to in our relationship’’, I answer coldly. Myung Soo puts his hand around my waist and plants a kiss on my forehead.
Su Hwa’s face turns disgusted and spits. ‘’Relationship?! He slept with me.’’ I refuse to let this get to me and I keep up my composed expression.
‘’Are you pride about the fact that he used you?’’ Before she can say anything I continue.
‘’Remember that time you told me no one here cares about me? I already accepted that fact, but you should do that too. If you attempt to ruin our engagement you will be thrown out of this family within a minute. After all, you’re of no value to them,’’ I smirk at her while she looks at me with a hurt and angry expression. Without saying anything she heads off. After a few silent seconds I turn towards Myung Soo.
‘’I’m tired, I will see you tomorrow.’’ He doesn’t say anything and kisses me goodbye and watches me till I enter my house.

When I get into my room Kai is still there. I lie next to him and put my head on his chest. I feel his steady breathing and my heart calms down too. Suddenly he wraps his arms around me and I smile contently.

Even if the whole world is against me, I know that Kai won’t ever leave me.