I

Give Me Your Hand

The first time they met was in school.

Jongin stared into the mirror as he assessed each flick of his hand, each kick that he made. Sweat dripped down his cheek as his chest heaved from the extertion.

"You know," Kyungsoo mused from his position against the wall, "You're pretty good."

The dancer's lips curved into a smile, stopping his movements. He turned off the music and turned to face the other.

"Thanks."

"I'm Do Kyungsoo."

"I'm Kim Jongin."

 

~~~

 

The second time was in an empty music room.

The song of a piano echoed throughout the room as Kyungsoo's fingers danced along the keys. His voice was clear and the sorrow in its notes was heartbreaking.

Jongin clapped slowly, emerging from his own hiding place.

"You're really-wow." he grinned, running his hand through his black locks.

Kyungsoo's laugh echoed as he closed the piano. He stood and collected his things.

"Thanks."

There was a brief moment of hesitation.

"Do you want to...erm..." he paused.

"Hang out?" the other offered.

The singer nodded slowly, a small smile spreading.

"Pizza?"

"My treat."

 

~~~

 

Two months, thirty pizzas, and plenty of peeking during practices later, Jongin sat in the empty practice room grinning at himself.

"Three."

"Two."

"One."

The door opened and Kyungsoo walked in, pizza box in hand.

"I got Meat Lover's Special. No vegetables whatsoever." the sophmore grinned.

His friend lept up and tackled him to the ground, whooping.

"I love you, man." he laughed, finally stopping his cheering.

"I know."

Jongin helped Kyungsoo to his feet before attacking the food. The other followed his lead and stuffed his face with an unhealthy amount of sausage and cheese. He puffed his chest up proudly when he let out a notable belch.

"That's right-bow to the King of Burps." he chuckled as Jongin mockingly lowered his head.

"Oh yeah? I bet I can do better."

"How much?"

"A ticket to the Girl's Generation's concert on Saturday."

Kyungsoo's eyes grew wide with surprise as a smirk grew on his face.

"Deal."

 

~~~

 

Long story short, Jongin lost and eventually, he gave Kyungsoo his spare ticket and the two went to the concert together. It was an experience that the two would laugh fondly about until they were old and wrinkly.

"I can't believe Baekhyun cried!"

"I know-he's one of those crazy fans."

Jongin raised an eyebrow.

"As if you didn't cry, either," he scoffed, "You had hearts in your eyes."

Kyungsoo clapped a hand on the younger's shoulder, feigning an old and wise expression.

"Nothing is better than SNSD, kid. You'll know as you get older."

Before his companion could retort with a 'I'm 2 days younger than you', a thin pair of arms circled around the other's waist.

"Even better than me?" Joonmyeon murmurred against her boyfriend's shoulder, "I'm sad, Kyungsoo."

Fist to his mouth, Jongin stifled a snicker as his friend grew flustered, trying to explain the difference between better and better. Joonmyeon waved him off and focused her bright, obsidian eyes on the boy in front of her. Her rosy lips twisted into a slight frown as she observed the almost unnoticable bags under his eyes. The elegant arch of her dark eyebrows ruffled as she now grimaced, noticing all of the skillfully hidden signs of fatigue on her underclassman's handsome face.

"Jong-"

"I'm hungry, noona," he quickly interrupted, rubbing his stomach cutely, "Can you buy me chicken?"

Joonmyeon closed , settling for a relenting sigh and a tight smile. It was always like this. Jongin would never share his worries and pains with them, his friends. She was getting sick of watching her precious dongsaeng wasting away and not being able to do anything for him. Her boyfriend settled his arm on her shoulder, distracting the junior.

"Something wrong?" Kyungsoo asked as he pressed his lips to Joonmyeon's cheek comfortingly.

She shook her head, flashing the male a sweet smile.

"It's nothing. Let's go catch up with the others."