Stay

My Lips Your Poison

DISCLAIMER This is not actually Taemin, its (unfortunately) an edit and on that note it is not my edit either. I found this photo years ago and do not take any credit for it or claim it as mine. Lets just mutually appreciate its beauty ;)

This is a really short chapter that doesn't really have much to do with the plot-  I feel as if  I haven't updated in a while so here's a little cute, heartwarming chapter but I mean to really get down to business on the next chapter, so in the meanwhile, I hope this is enough :)

The surface of the water got further and further away from your fingertips and you could no longer make out what lay above the sea. The salty seawater surrounding you became darker and thickened to a substance similar to molases. You sunk agonisingly slowly to the seabed and the last bubble of air in your lungs escaped out of your mouth. Your body become heavier and heavier, and your temples ached as the pressure got stronger and everything around you darkened. The crushing weight of the water kept your body stuck to the ocean bed and it was strangely warm and comfortable now as you lay on the sea bed on the soft sand that moulded into your shape. The concept of you being the only one here was comforting as you slipped away into unconsciousness, swaying in the underwater current that caressed held gently.

Taemin jolted awake in a cold sweat, his hair stuck to his forehead and his mouth completely dry.

What a terrible nightmare- he thought, although he felt more at peace in his dream than he did now. Afraid, he looked at Winter who was sound asleep. He needed to confide in someone this instant but he couldn’t help but feel like a little boy pestering an adult after a petty little nightmare. Was it petty though? Taemin had regular nightmares about dying, but not like this one. This one was a dream.

He nudged her gently but it didn’t phase her at all, he didn’t want to wake her up rudely though.

Winter’ Taemin whispered

Hmm?’ her eyes were still shut
‘Wh-what is it?’  She was sleepy and the moonlight shined on her face through the skylight, emphasising the sharp angles on her face which made her eye sockets look hollow, but despite her fearsome appearance, Taemin blushed at her sleepy face

‘ I had a nightmare’ Taemin mumbled and hid his face under the covers.

‘Are you serious?’ Winter scolded but opened her eyes ‘About?
Taemin’s face peaked out from the covers and he looked at her like a scared little boy and she could see that his plump cheeks were wet from tears

‘I had a nightmare that I drowned…but I enjoyed it. It felt nice

‘So it was a dream?’

Taemin nodded and wiped his tears, hoping that she didn’t notice. Winter pretended that she didn’t to make him feel better and started to get out of bed

‘Don’t!!...Don’t leave me here alone’ Taemin grabbed onto her arm; he was shaking from fear.

 ‘I was only going to get you some tea, its okay’ Winter tried to comfort him but Taemin refused

‘No! Stay here, please’ He begged like a terrified child. It was really unnerving to see a grown man reduced to tears after a bad dream, so Winter gave in and got back into bed. He turned away from her to hide his tears, embarrassed.

‘Turn around’

‘Why?’

‘Just do it’

Taemin listened and turned to face her. Winter pulled him closer so that their bodies tangled together and his head was resting on her chest. He tried to pull away but she had a firm grip on him

‘Trust me’

Winter felt his body relax and she put her hand under his shirt and gently traced patterns on his back with her fingers and his hair.

‘Shh, rockstars need sleep too, but don't tell anyone. It's a secret’

‘What does you mean?’

‘I’ll show you tomorrow, now sleep’

Taemin dozed off quickly. He felt safe in the warmth of her embrace and although he felt immensely dominated, he felt safe.