The Day Her Life Changed

My Boyfriend Is My Caregiver

"I win again!" Stephanie exclaimed, she was happy that she had spent time with her mother, she felt like a little kid again. She knew her mother wouldn't be here for much longer, so she wanted to spend every waking moment with her.

"So what do you want for dinner, Steph?" Her mother stood up and went over to the fridge.

"Can we get McDonalds?" Stephanie pleaded, she looked like a puppy when she begged for something.

"Alright," Her mother chuckled. "I'll be back in thirty minutes." She grabbed her jacket, put on her shoes, and left. Stephanie hopped over to the couch and plopped down, her phone rang shortly thereafter and she picked it up.

"'Ello?" She spoke with her british accent,

"Hey! How's your day?" The girl from the other line spoke,

"Great! I finally got to spend time with my mother, how are you and Minho doing?"

"Good, all our friends keep calling us 'MinYul', haha" Just then, Stephanie heard the door open,

"Hey, gotta go, my moms back home." She quickly hung up before her friend could say anything.

"Dig in," Her mother smiled.

 

________________________________________

 

As she slowly got into bed, she snuggled into her covers, but was startled when she heard her mother's hacking cough again, it had been gone for a while, but now it was worse than ever. She got up quickly and ran to her mothers room, where she was on her floor, struggling to breathe. 

"Mom! Mom, you're going to be okay!" Stephanie yelled as she reached over to the nightstand to grab her mothers cell phone, she unlocked it and dialed an ambulance as fast as she could, her mother shook her head and disconnected the call.

"Ugh....Blugh. Darling," Her mother continued to hack and cough her guts out, but managed a few more words, "I love you."

"No, Mom," Her daughter continued to say, she held her mother in her arms as she let out her last cough, and as well as her last breath.

"Mom....." Stephanie cried in despair.