If You Open Up Your Eyes

Summertime

Ueda led Junno through the halls still not believing what they were doing. Kame told them that if they went through with this that he would not be pleased and they may not like the consequences.  Ueda wasn’t exactly certain what that meant but when he got that note he couldn’t turn his back on this chance to meet his hero.

 

They were both wearing hats and sunglasses to hide their faces as well as black clothing in hopes of fitting in more. Junno had taken it upon himself to wear leather pants and Ueda wasn’t totally certain his shirt was made of cloth, but he couldn’t really see much under his jacket.

 

Ueda knew that he was being paranoid when he pulled the hat he was wearing down further in attempt make sure all his hair was covered. There was no way that anyone back here could recognize himself or Junno, but he was also afraid that someone would realize that they weren’t supposed to be back there. He just didn’t want anything to go wrong. He had dreaming about this day for so long he didn’t want anything to go wrong now that he was finally here. There were so many people back stage from the staff making sure that everything worked to the Jrockers performing on the stage. It was much like what they saw backstage at a Johnny concert… only the costumes aren’t as colorful… at least if Arashi’s involved.

 

It had taken a while to convince Junno to come with him but he had managed it in the end. He hadn’t wanted to go on this… adventure alone and he had known that Junno would be the only one he could convince to come with him.

 

“How much longer?”

 

“I don’t know Junno he said we had to wait down this hallway.”

 

“Are you sure this is the right hallway?”

 

“Yes the note was very specific and we’ve been careful to follow it almost to the letter. Do you need to see it? It’s right here.” Ueda replied reaching toward his pocket to pull out the note.

 

“No, Tat-chan. I don’t need to see it, I trust you,”

 

“He said we would know what we were looking for when we found it.”

 

“Well of course we’ll know what we are looking for. Isn’t that the whole point of us being here?”

 

“The chances of us actually running into him in the hallway by chance are slim… Now be quiet we don’t want to draw to much attention to ourselves.” Ueda replied as they moved further down the hallway. He tried his best to keep his head down but he felt like everyone was looking at him.

 

“You’re the one’s I’m supposed to meet aren’t you?” Ueda heard before looking up to see a man who was standing in a darkened part of the hallway with his own rather large sunglasses in his face.

 

“We were sent here to meet Gackt?” Junno said before Ueda could respond.

 

Ueda glared at the other man before smacking him in the chest and nodding. The note had mentioned someone may be there to guide them.

 

“You’re who I’m looking for then. You need to go into that room and wait in the closet.”

 

“Why in the closet?”

 

“Because we would like… to surprise him, what if he sees you assumes you are a crazy fan and leaves?”

 

“Well he’d be right about then.” Junno replied resulting in another chest smack.

 

“Why can’t we just hide in another corner?”

 

“It has to be the closet it’s the only way we can be certain he won’t see you, he’s perceptive.”

 

Ueda looked at Junno doubtful before he sighed.

 

“We’ve followed all the other instructions; he wouldn’t send us here to hurt us.”

“If it has to be the closet then we will wait in the closet.” Ueda relented and followed the man into the room toward the closet door.

 

Junno was the first to enter going to one side and leaning against the wall leaving the other side of the closet for the boxer.

 

“Just wait here it shouldn’t be too long… I’ll give you a signal…” the strange man said before closing the door and leaving them there.

 

Ueda wasn’t certain how long they waited in that closet before they heard footsteps coming toward the room once more. The man had said he would give a signal, but Ueda didn’t hear anything. If it wasn’t who they were supposed to meet and hero then they could get in serious trouble. They were not supposed to be backstage, let alone in a dressing room closet, he had no idea what he was going to say…

 

The footsteps entered into the room and Ueda took a soft step backwards and heard Junno do the same.

 

“Who are you? What are you doing in here?” Kai asked confused about why there was anyone in the closet of the Gazette dressing room. Ueda looked down ashamed at being caught doing something that they were most definitely supposed to be doing. “Um… we were invited?”

 

“To our dressing room? Who invited you was Ruki? Is this his idea of a joke?”

 

“Ruki? Who… Oh my! Was that who that was? Of the Gazette?” Ueda shook his head they had to think of a good idea to be here. Kame couldn’t find out that they had come here.

 

“We’re here to see Hyde…

 

“He’s not performing here,”

 

“Try something else!” Kai head from behind the man he was speaking to before to.

 

“We must have… gotten turned around in the building.”

 

“And ended up in our closet.” He asked smiling at the other man. “Do you guys want to come out of there?” He asked moving out of the way so that they could leave the closet.

 

Ueda moved out of the small room cautiously followed closely by Junno who moved right behind his friend seeming to use his friend as a shield like he was afraid of the drummer. The sight made Kai chuckle.

 

“Now who are you?”

 

Ueda took a deep breath before pulling off his sunglasses. “I’m Ueda Tatsuya and this is my friend and band mate Taguchi Junnosuke.”

 

“From Kat-Tun? Why are you here?”

 

Junno popped his head out from behind the older man’s shoulder, “What because we’re pop stars we can’t enjoy rock?” Junno asked before taking his place back behind the older man.

 

Kai chuckled at Junno, he was very entertaining. “I didn’t mean to imply that you weren’t able to enjoy rock. I just meant… this is the Gazette’s dressing room and how did you get back here?”

 

“Well you see… I knew that Gackt would be here today and I was promised that I would finally be able to meet him. I was told exactly how to get backstage and to come down this exact hallway where we came across a man… it could have been Ruki, it was hard to tell… told us to come into this room and wait… in the closet…”  Ueda explained feeling his cheeks getting hotter as he went on.

 

“Well that’s strange. So you followed blindly and waited in a closet? Why would you need to wait in there.”  

 

“That’s what I wondered but he was insistent… said that he needed to be surprised…”

 

“Well… I was certainly surprised…”

 

“You won’t tell on us will you? Johnny will be so mad at us.” Junno asked peeking his head over the side of Ueda’s shoulder once more.

 

“Not to mention what Kame will do!”

 

“Koki will hold us down and let Kame do whatever he wants.”

 

Kai found himself laughing once more at what the younger man said. They were both interesting me, and definitely amusing he wanted to spend more time with these two. “I won’t tell on you but you have to do something for me.”

 

“What do you want?” Ueda asked skeptically.

 

“We’re going out for drinks after this in celebration, my band and Alice Nine. I won’t tell on you if both of you come out with us? I’ll pay…”

 

“That’s all you want, for us to go out with you somewhere? What do you get out of that?”

 

“The company of a… handsome man and maybe some new friends, isn’t that enough?”

“I don’t see anything wrong with that, Uepi! Can we go? I want to meet Alice Nine! I heard Hiroto wanted to be a johnny like us once upon a time!”

 

“Your friend wants to go, can you still say no? It would be a shame to end the evening early when we would love the pleasure of your company.”

Ueda sighed and finally nodded in agreement. “Ok we can go but we can’t be gone for too long. We have a schedule tomorrow.”

 

“YAY!!! Lead the way!” Junno said happily wrapping his arm through Ueda’s as they followed Kai.

 

~~~*~~~

Ueda moved from the dance floor back to the table full of rock stars. It was as Kai promised just members of Alice Nine and the Gazette. One couldn't blame Ueda for being dissapointed he had come to see one rockstar and while he hadn't really mentioned that to Kai he still had had a small hope that he would see the older man. IIf he hadn't gotten that note... if he hadn't trusted in what it said, but he had no reason not to trust the author. The fact remained that Ueda was a pop star why would the Prince of Japan actually want to meet him? He felt a hand touch his shoulder and he almost jumped in surprise.

"You looked beautiful out there."

Ueda scowled at the older man and pushed his hand off his shoulder. He hated when he was called beautiful. To him it felt like a way for them to remind him he looked feminine and that it was all he had to offer the band, his face... That was why he cut his hair in the first place. It had beeen upsetting at first to lose his wonderful hair but it had accepted it and it was the best way to be seen as the man he was. "I should be able to dancce well, it is part of what I do for a living." Ueda replied before he turned his eyes back to his friend. He was in time to see someone slinking up behind the younger singer, "Is that?"

"Saga." Kai replied watching as the bassist pulled the dancer into him so the dancers back was touching the bassists chest. They watched as his hands moved down the dancer's sides to rest on his hips making sure to mimic the younger mans movements.

"Isn't that... they just met."

"That doesn't mean they can't know they like eachother. They've been talking everytime they've sat down... much like you and I. Oh wow..."

Ueda turned his head back towards his friend in time to catch Junno with his head back against the bassists shoulder and their lips locked together. Ueda would bet it wasn't a chaste closed mouth kiss.

 

"Well there goes my protection..."

"Protection? From What?"

 

This feel skelatol at best but here is the first story I may add to it later but I wanted to share it.