Day 1: Confusion

Reflection

 

She woke up to the booming bass of Usher’s voice echoing inside the small room. By reflex, she reaches out to turn the damn thing off but her hand meets a few bottles, knocking them down as she scrambles for the device.

“Ugh…” she groans as she gives up looking for the device and tries to sit up. Her muscles are practically screaming for her to not move an inch. She’s sore all over and her head’s about to bust because of a headache. The ? She mutters to herself as she pinches the bridge of her nose, willing the pain to subside.

Usher had just started singing again when she finally manages to sit upright. is so dry that she can’t manage to call out to her roommate to help look for her phone or maybe for an aspirin. She can still feel the burn of alcohol and its remnants on her tongue.

She opens an eye and takes a good look around. With the help of the faint light coming from out of the room, she notices she isn’t on a bed. She also wasn’t reaching for the bedside table a while ago. She’s in the freaking bathroom, lying in the bathtub and knocking down empty bottles of shampoo and conditioner. Just freaking great.

“Hyoyeon!” She calls out, her eyebrows knitting together as she hears the voice that comes out of . It’s different but familiar. She shrugs it off, blaming it on the alcohol, and trudges out of the bathroom.

The first thing she notices is that she isn’t in her own room. Clothes are lying on the floor, the bed is undone and the whole place smells of cigarette and poor life choices. She had already told her roommate to stop smoking inside her room especially with the windows closed. She has also chided the other girl for bringing over guys every other night. Isn’t it enough that she hears the guy’s rabid moans through the paper thin walls? She definitely doesn’t want that “shower room incident” to happen again (she swears on her life that she locked the door). There is just something about a that sends her waves and waves of nausea (she believes that: a + balls = squidward’s face upside down. And there is nothing sensual or arousing about that).

“Hyoyeon!” She calls out again. She making her way towards the living room when she realizes something was really off. It seems as if she’s heavier (particularly in the chest area) and her steps seem too short. As she glances up, she catches her reflection on the tv monitor and HOLY MOTHER OF-

She quickly bends in front of the television and starts touching her face-

But it’s not hers.

It was Hyoyeon’s.

She then scrambles back to the bathroom and turns on-.

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

She touched her eyes, nose and lips. She ran her fingers through her blonde hair.

NO

She slapped her cheeks repeatedly and pinched herself. “OH MY GOD THIS IS NOT A DREAM”

“Hyoyeon!!” she called out, “Where the are you? We’ve got some freaky Friday going on here!” she searched the whole apartment, from turning over tables in the small kitchen up to opening cabinets and closets in each room, but the other girl was nowhere to be found. It shouldn’t be that hard to find her body right? She’s a complete opposite of her roommate.

Tired, she flops down on the sofa and screams out her frustration. Her head is still aching and the current situation is not helping at all. What happened? They didn’t’ eat some cursed fortune cookie, did they? Who in the world would curse them in the first place? Such questions filled her head until a series of loud knocks- BANGS- cut her thoughts.

She eagerly pushes herself of the couch and opens the door just to be greeted with a face full of wrinkles and warts.

“What were you blabbering about so early in the day?”

“uhm. Mrs. Bae,” she glances at the cat clock inside their apartment, “it’s 5 in the afternoon.”

“Oh, of course you would know! You practically wake up the same time everyday! I tell you kids, one day you’ll turn out ugly because of all your late night shenanigans!”

She manages to stifle a laugh as the old woman continued to educate her about skin care. When it was clear that the woman has no intention of stopping, she asks her “You didn’t happen to see...my roommate…did you?”

Mrs. Bae raised a brow before answering her. “You two did not come back here for two days. You came home last night; your roommate wasn’t with you. I also remember you making a promise to pay your rent as soon as poss-”

“I’ll get back to you on that. Thanks!” she quickly closes the door and ransacks Hyoyeon’s room for her cell phone. Once she finds it, she quickly dials her own number and waits for the other to pick up. “Come on, answer the phone!”

After several tries, she gave up and tended to her aching head first. While helping herself to a glass of cold water, she tried to recall what she did last night. She thought of images of a dark room with streaming neon lights, bodies dancing too close to each other to deem appropriate, and glasses and bottles of alcohol. Then a face came to view, a guy with chinky eyes and a gummy smile, he was the bartender last night. Then an image of a dirty bathroom and the feeling of cold hands pressing unto her stomach flooded her.  Just as she was being pushed into a stall, she caught sight of her reflection and-

It’s not her.

It’s Hyoyeon.

She abruptly opened her eyes and shook away the pleasure she felt while thinking of the nasty things they did inside the stall.

These are not her memories. These are not her feelings.

She decides that she doesn’t like for this situation to prolong further so she starts to trace what they could have done last night, so she heads to the club.

The club was two bus rides away from their apartment. It was one that they frequent to since they became roommates but the bartender from last night is new.  She knows because Leetuk doesn’t look like that guy.

The sign in front says it’s closed, but she knew- Hyoyeon knew- that the back door leading to the staff lockers is always open. How did Hyoyeon know? That she did not dare find out. Once inside, a pair of arms wraps securely around her waist- trapping her between the wall and a solid chest.

“Right on schedule, babe.” The guy breathed into her ear. She felt her body shiver and her hand automatically found its place on the guy’s neck. Soon, a trail of kisses started, from her ear to her neck, up to her cheek and then to her-”

“Gross. Can you please stop each other’s faces?” Donghae, the dj, muttered while opening his locker.

“We were about to do that until you walked in.”

“And Hyukjae,” Donghae continued, completely ignoring the other guy. “The manager’s looking for you. He’s in his office; go before he blows up a fuse.”

 Hyukjae sighed and released her but not without a kiss on the lips. “See you later babe.”    

OH MY GOD A GUY JUST KISSED ME

She chanted in her head, but she can’t find the will to rush into the bathroom and puke. Why can’t she control herself around that guy?

“You alone?”

She snapped out of her thoughts. “What?”

Donghae shut his locker door. “Your friends are not with you?”

“Friends?”

“Yeah, that short girl and that tall girl-”

“Sooyoung?” When the guy nodded, she added “You’ve seen her with me last night?”

“No. I don’t know if your friends were with you. You came in just as I started a new set. Ask the other guys.”

She found Ryeowook cleaning some mugs by the counter. “Hey, what’s up Hyo?”

“Hi, have you seen me with Sooyoung last night?”

The guy tilted his head in slight confusion. “Man you must have been so drunk that you can’t remember if your friend was with you or not.” She gave the guy a look. “You were alone last night. Actually, you were looking for Sooyoung. It’s weird because just two days ago you were in here together with another girl we haven’t seen before. The girl came back the next night, all alone. Then you came here, alone, last night.”

She muttered a quick ‘thanks’ before rushing out on the streets again. Who is the other girl? They have many friends who haven’t been in this club before. Seohyun, Yoona, Yuri, Jes-

She stopped when she heard her phone ring. On the screen it says ‘Choi Sooyoung’.

“Hello?”

“I’m on way to your apartment. The left her phone at my house.”

“Taeyeon? Is that you?” but the other girl already hung up.

The trip back to the apartment was filled with questions. Why did Taeyeon sound so mad? She even called her a . Taeyeon seldom curses, let alone to her friends. And Sooyoung was her good friend. They have known each other since high school. What did she do to make the other girl mad? Where in the world is Hyo when you need her?

Soon she reaches their apartment and she sees Taeyeon banging loudly on their door.

“Taengoo!” The girl turns and glares at her.

“Don’t call me that!”

“Is Sooyoung the only one allowed to?” She tries to lighten up the mood but to no avail. The smaller has a dark look on her face that she hasn’t seen before.

“Don’t say her name.” Taeyeon shoves a phone to her. “The left it in my house.” Then she starts to walk away.

“Wait! Where’s Sooyoung?” She yells.

Taeyeon snarled “How would I know?! She just ran off after I saw her in m-” she looks up, tears pooling in her eyes. “Just tell her I don’t want to see her forever. Tell her to don’t even try to contact me again.” With that, she’s gone.

What the hell?

Since she knows that Hyoyeon doesn’t have her phone with her, it was no use trying to contact her so she just waits. And waits.

When it was already 10, she already gave up and retreated to her room. Her head was still aching (cheap medicine never really helped her even before) and she’s really exhausted so she calls it a day. Maybe, all of this is just a nightmare. But if it’s not, then tomorrow…Tomorrow, I’ll look for her again. We can’t stay like this forever. There must be some way to get things back to normal. 

A/N Thank you for the warm greetings! I recognize the usernames of some of you. I think we already talked on Soshified? Glad you still remembered me. :) Hopefully this turns out well. Sorry if i delayed this first chapter. I've been busy with summer classes and elections here. Till next time!