First Encounter

I Know It's You

     Boring. Yeah, it's really boring. Well, today's just another typical Monday afternoon, with the teacher infront, discussing something I don't really understand. Who wouldn't get bored? My classmates hide theirselves just to avoid this hour, or else block their heads with the book and close their eyes, as if they're listening to the teacher. Seriously, can someone get me out of here?

    I sit on the last column of the classroom, fourth row from the front, and near the glass window. I love my spot. Air easily gets in and sometimes, I divert my eyes outside, watching the view on the school grounds. Our school's kinda big, but it's not a private one. Well if someone says im studying in a public school, who cares? Students here were choosen and gifted, means im one of them. Anyways, im on the day shift, and still in my senior years. So that's it..

   Back to the scene before, I lean my elbow on the armchair's table, head resting on my palm while watching my other hand playing with my pen, writing nonsense words on my paper, just to relieve myself from boredom. I kept on writing until there's no more space on my paper. Sighs, I decided to draw on my armchair. My classmates were fond of doing this even though it's prohibited. But still they insist to vandalize it. So yeah, I crumpled my paper before and throw it in my bag. I get back my pan and look at my armchair. To my surprise.. "Seriously, can someone get me out of here?" This is what I've thought a while ago.

   I looked around, everyone's busy with their stuffs. I gazed again on the table. I wonder who wrote this. Chairs were never disaaranged and it's only me who sits here. I get my pen, wrote something on the table, as if it's my reply, glancing at my side, carefully not to see me disobeying school rules. "i know how you feel." I scribbled the words enough for someone to lean closer to it. I smiled unconsciously, then jerks my head outside to watch again the school grounds. 

   Few hours passed and finally!!! Classes were done. I directly walk my way back to our home while tapping my phone, looking for personal messages. But why would I expect to have one? I don't even mingle at school.

   On the next day, probably the same scene as yesterday. I completely forgotten the words I wrote on the table. And I don't know why I'm listening to the teacher intently. Maybe the lesson's interesting and besides, she's not the boring teacher yesterday.

   Time flew fast and so we're down to our last subject. The most boring hour of the day. My classmates starts doing their business while the teacher keeps on reading the book to the class. I was watching outside, air's kinda refreshing. As I keep on wandering my eyes, I spotted a couple outside, apparently making out. I smirked a bit, mumbling to self, "lovers nowadays really." I get again my pen and paper since watching the couple's also boring. Maybe doing this can relieve myself from boredom. I set my paper on the table, but before i could do that, i noticed another words on the table. It's ink was the same as the first one. "Really? Haha, I wonder why they hired this teacher." On my surprise, someone replied. I get my paper and put it back in my bag, then stares at the replied message. "Haha! well, we can't do anything about that. We're just students here." I never thought that someone will reply. It's fun, having conversations on a table.

   The day passed again and so another morning. Another school day. Another boring and tiring day. But maybe not for me. I came to school really early just to take a look at our conversation. I run to our room, then sits on my chair, took my pen out and look at the table. Where"s the conversation? Why is it not here? I looked under the chair, checking if there's a paper with the message, look around and starts checking each armchair if we switched. I took a deep breath, my shoulders dropped in disappointment. Aish seriously, I came to school early just to see that someone's reply. I slouched in my chair, closing my eyes cause im still sleepy. Suddenly a student came in, he walks towards me and took my bag. "Who are you?", he said in a low voice, leaning down to see my face. I opened my eyes a bit, looks at him sleepily. I stood up and get my bag, looks at him suspisciously. "And who are you?", I talked to him with slightly raised voice. He suddenly laughed, holding his stomach and stares at me. He smirked as he gave me my bag. "You're not my classmate. This is our room, I bet you're on the next room." I looked at him with full embarassment on my face. I quickly walk my way outside the room, turns to face him and bows formally. "I'm really sorry. I thought this is our room." 

  I run to our room and goes to my chair, still with the embarassment in me. That's why I didnt see our conversation. Aigoo what am I doing? I put my bag beside my chair and lean on my back. I exhaled deeply, took a glance at the table, saw the familiar ink. That someone replied! I took my pen out and read the message. "If only I could excuse myself just for this subject." I smiled, leans down on my chair and wrote something. "Why don't you take a nap just like my classmate usually do? haha."

  Days passed and still we keep on exchanging messages. We almost fill the table until thre's no more space. But I find it cute. I still don't know who is that someone. But to my surprise, that someone wrote his/her number. "I'll be expecting your reply not on the table but in my inbox. I'll wait for it." I hurriedly saved it in my contacts. I stared on that someone's number while smiling then I set aside my phone to start the class.