Finish Line

Private Practice

Taemin's POV

"Aaaaand, here we are," Minho squeezes my hand as he finished telling Siwon the whole story of my explanation and our confessions and Yoona's being a lesbian.

"Waaaaah, it's like something our of fanfiction! I could swear a writer is making all of this up!" Siwon cries, hugging a pillow to his knees in the chair parallel to the couch Minho and I were on. "So adorable! I'm so happy for you both!"

My cellphone suddenly rings. I bow apologetically before pulling my hand from Minho's to answer it. I immediately recognize the number and put it on speakerphone.

"YAH! LEE TAEMIN! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!"

I stifle a laugh at my best friend's angry voice. "I went out to talk to Minho, remember?"

"YES, BUT IT'S BEEN OVER AN HOUR AND YOU HAVEN'T TOLD ME ANYTHING YET! WHAT'S GOING ON?! ARE YOU OKAY?!"

Now I do laugh. "Jjong, I'm at Minho's apartment."

Silence. And then, "Are you for real?"

"He's for real, Jonghyun-ah," Minho says with a smirk. grabbing my hand again.

"Y-You-" Jonghyun trips on his words. "You talked to him? You guys are all good now?"

"We're holding hands, Jonghyun."

"LEE TAEMIN, YOU ARE SITTING INSIDE CHOI MINHO'S APARTMENT RIGHT NOW HOLDING HIS HAND, AND YOU DIDN'T THINK TO CALL YOUR BEST FRIEND AND GIVE HIM SUCH VITAL INFORMATION?!"

I just laugh, Minho joining in as Siwon just stares at the phone in my lap, utterly confused.

"I still don't completely believe you," Jonghyun scoffs, voice softer. "I need proof this is really happening."

"Well, we really never had our movie date that we planned that day," Minho notes. "Why don't we go tonight?"

"Nah, I'd feel like a total third wheel. You two being all couple-y, and me being forever alone."

"We could do a double-date! Minho has a brother," I look over towards the chair. "Siwon-ssi, are you gay?"

Siwon's eyes got wide as he stared nervously at me. "Am I--I'm not---no-"

"He's absolutely flaming," I decide, speaking loud enough for Jonghyun to hear. "Sound good?"

"Is he hot?"

"Smoldering," Minho falls into a fit of laughter as I say this, but we both know I'm not lying. Siwon's pretty ing hot. But not as hot as Minho.

Jonghyun's voice hesitated, and I imagined his eyes to be as wide as Siwon's terrified ones. "Okay, well, does six o'clock sound good? Of course it does. What else do you have to do tonight? Alright, well, Minho and I will be there. With Siwon, because he's freaking hot. Okay, bye."

When I hang up the phone, Siwon flees from the room. I then turn to his brother, my boyfriend, who can't seem to stop laughing. "Oh my God, I love you, Taemin."

I'm still not quite used to hearing this yet, but I smile and play it cool. "I know." I lean in towards him and he pecks my lips. "I love you too."

"I always will," Minho declares, kissing me again, harder and deeper.

When we break apart with our lips reddening, I smile. "I'll always love you too. I won't hide or deny it anymore for the rest of my life."

Minho smiles too, straddling me as I lay back on the couch. "Now, if only we could patch up the final problem that is your math class," Minho laughs, and I chuckle before we meet each other for more kisses.

--

Ah. So we have reached the end of our story. Is that too awkward an ending for you? Well, let me tell you how everything went.

I graduated high school, as scheduled, two years later. When I walked up and received my diploma, I looked out into the crowd and saw my Appa, tears streaming down his face. That became the proudest moment of my entire life, which I cried heavily about on Minho's shoulder later that evening.

Yes, of course Minho was there. He was my boyfriend, after all. Minho was the one that came and found me in the sea of graduates only to scoop me up into his arms and give me a long, passionate kiss right there in front of everybody. Sure, nearly everyone was disgusted with the gesture, but we didn't care anymore. I was graduating, and I would probably never see most of these people ever again.

At least I knew Heechul wouldn't bother me anymore. That wasn't just because Minho had come to pick me up from school one day and threatened him so hard that Heechul wouldn't even so much as glance at me. It was mainly because he got kicked out of his house towards the middle of senior year. Why? Oh, maybe because he had a boyfriend. That's right. Heechul, the guys who would always beat me senseless for being gay was so far in the closet himself, he didn't even know. That is, until he met Hangeng and saw the fricken light. He never gave me trouble again, but often the occasional smile.

Along with Heechul, my father came to accept Minho as well. In fact, he began seeing Minho as his second son. The two of them had a proper meeting in the form of dinner at my house. They talked for a while, so much that Umma and I hardly got a word in. But by the time I kissed Minho goodnight on the doorstep that night, him and Appa and formed a bond that still holds true to this day.

Appa got help, as well. He's been sober for almost six years now, and has been taking monthy anger management sessions. I've never seen him and Umma so in love. He got a new job, and he's so much happier (which we always joke is probably because he can afford more chicken now). Most importantly, Appa's relationship with me has grown tremendously, which I consider a total blessing. We talk on the phone almost every night, because, as he says, he's finally noticed that he has a lot to be proud about when it comes to me.

Jonghyun and Siwon never worked out, in case you were wondering. Siwon was way too into himself, and Jonghyun was way too into Mir. Mir was a talkative guy who played on the soccer team and had really pretty eyes, which Jonghyun wouldn't stop talking about. The two officially got together right after graduation and have been happy ever since. I've never seen my best friend smile so much, and I love it.

Minho and I? Well, we continued our relationship even when I went off to college. This was because Minho decided to start classes the same year I did. He had enough money to rent a dorm on campus, and I scraped up enough money from my part-time job at a store downtown to get an apartment nearby. Needless to say, Minho and I definitely spent more time at each other's abodes than we did at our own. And yes, I did still struggle sometimes with math. But I had the best teacher in the world to help me.

I was studying psychology, just like my Umma did, Minho was getting a degree in education, looking to be able to teach other people, as he taught me. (He did, of course, swear to me he would never fall for another student, for no one on Earth could ever compare to me.) Minho ended up graduating a year early, due to a teaching position he was offered in Busan. I was not thrilled about him leaving me to go to another town...that is, until Minho dropped down on one knee, after stepping down from the stage on graduation day and asking me that pretty question.

After Minho pulled a few strings, I was able to transfer all my scores and stuff and finish my last year of college at a university in Busan. Minho's class that he taught only met three times a week, along with some tutoring sessions on Satudays occasionally. We got an apartment together, after having a private wedding Seoul with only my parents and Jonghyun and Mir. Minho and I didn't need anything big and fancy; our love was too simple.

Right now, Minho and I are still living our cute little apartment, which we can't bear to leave. Minho now works as a math professor at the university I attended (which requires him to wear these glasses that make him look even more attractive than he already is. Holy gosh). I, however, work more at home, writing columns for the newspaper and a few local magazines. We don't have any kids yet, but we're talking with adoption agencies. Minho really wants to be a father, and I'm excited to have a kid of our own as well. Siwon still comes to visit us during his breaks from his blossoming modeling career in America. We also hear a lot from Jonghyun, recently engaged to his sweetheart Mir. We have double dates sometimes, still the great friends we always have been.

It seems really cliche, and I'd never really expected it, but you could say that Minho and I really are living happily ever after. We love each other more everyday, and it's pretty crazy. As much as I hated it in school, I truly believe it now:

Sometimes it's not so bad to at math.

~~~~~

IF YOU GUYS WERE HERE, YOU'D SEE THE TEARS ROLLING DOWN MY FACE. I FEEL LIKE A MOTHER WHO JUST SENT HER KIDS OFF TO COLLEGE, LEAVING AN EMPTY NEST. MY BABY IS OVER~ D'':

My first ever 2min story, over and done with. Honestly, it's so hard for me to click the "Mark Story Complete" box. I really can't believe it's over.

Thank you all SO MUCH, for without your support, this probably wouldn't have continued. An author is nothing without her readers, and I've been blessed with the best in the world. You were here even when I got too busy to write, even when my internet went down countless times, even when the story was choppy and , even when I wouldn't update for MONTHS without any good reason. And I can't express with words how much I love you guys. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Don't you dare worry about this ending, though. I'm definitely not done. Not by a long shot. Go ahead, do yourself a favor, and click that "Subscribe" button on my profile page. I've got some oneshots done, some more coming, And plenty of 2min goodness in the works.

Here's a daily-updated (apart from me needing to catch up from AFF being down) drabble that is angsty 2min: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/216141/the-calendar-2min-angst-shinee-drabble-dailyupdates

I will be writing a new 2min multi-chap story very soon called "Free Ride." I'm very busy right now with preparing to go back to school, so it may be September before you see that one. But I'm very excited to share it with you all, since I plan on making it longer than PP. :)

Again, thank you. And I can't wait to do more for you guys. Always the obsessive writer, I promise to always have something for you guys.

Please, for the last time here, leave me some really nice comments because they help me sleep at night!

THANKS FOR READING, AND I'LL SEE YOU SOON. :D

- Savvy