The Story

ILLA ILLA
January 2003 KLING KLING A bell rang every time the door got opened. But the shop's owner never heard it though. It's a flower shop named 'ILLA ILLA'. The only one in town. People like to buy flowers there. The owner's only 17 years old. "How much is this?" A costumer asked at the girl who's sniffing the flowers. The girl pointed the cash register and the costumer paid and left with smile on her face. She only nodded and back to sniffing the flowers. KLING KLING Another costumer walked in. He looked around the shop cheerfully, but he didn't bought any flowers. He took a glance at the shop's owner. Who apparently named 'ILLA', based on her name tag. His heart goes dugeun dugeun dugeun. - February 2003 KLING KLING A guy walked in and walked toward the cashier desk. He knocked the desk and she looked up. "Hi!" He greeted with a big grin. The girl just stared at him blankly and nodded. "Hm?" He sighed and looked around the shop again.  He always went to the flower shop every week, and spent his time there by staring at the shop's owner. Because everytime he saw her, his heart beat faster. - March 2003 A guy, 17 years old, is staring at his paper blankly. After a few minutes pasted, he started drawing. He spent the whole night drawing with a big smile plastered on his face. - April 2003 KLING KLING "Anyeong!" The girl looks up and gave him her eye smile. Dugeun dugeun dugeun. "Should I tell her?" He said quietly. - May 2003 "Finished!" He sighed and smiled. He stare at his art work, his drawings. - June 2003 A guy is staring at his house ceiling with sad look. Then he took a glance at his drawing once again. Suddenly he got up, took his drawing, wrapped it and put it in his bag. KLING KLING He took a breathe and wiped his sweat from his face. He glared the whole room, and sighed. He ran outside, to the store's back lawn. A girl is sitting on a wooden bench while arranging some flowers to a bouquet. He pulled a smile and clears his throat, the girl stopped her activity and turns up to face him. "Excuse me, but-" He clears his throat again. Sweat kept coming down from his forehead. "You know I used to come to your shop every week." He continued. "And I just want to tell you that in July; next month, I must go to a boarding school." The guy rubbed the back of his head and avoid eye-contacts with her who just stared at him blankly. Or confused. "I .. I like you." Silent.  He stares her hopefully. But she just stares him back with confused looks. "At least you have to replied," He shrugged and sighed deeply. "Maybe I won't see you again. And, if you replied maybe I can change my mind?" ~ *ILLA's POV* I looked at him confused. Sweats covered his pale face. He looks like nervous tho. I stared at his moving lips that doesn't gave any sound. I tried very hard to understand and read his lips while frowning. And he stopped. What should I do?! He gave me a disappointed look. I opened my mouth, but suddenly closed it again. I really want to answer, even I don't know what he said, and I know I can't answer him. He stepped back, I tilts my head slowly.  "Where are you going?" I kept saying that in my head ~ "Why don't she answer me? Why does she looked at me like that? Did I say some thing wrong?" He thought and takes some step back. The girl tilts her head slowly, and opened . He grins a little but his smile faded when she closed back . "Please just answer me.." He said breathless while keep taking step back and tighten his hold to the drawings. He waited a few moment but still no answer. Just the girl's confused and gave him a blank look. "I.. I give up." He dropped his drawings and ran outside the lawn, until the girl didn't see him. She tilts her head again and stood up. Then she finally realized. She ran as fast as she could, she went to the road breathless and look around to find him. But he's gone. When she disappointedly walked back, she noticed something laying on the ground. The girl picked it up and took a glance of it. It's a drawing of her, by him. - - - January 2013 I'm sure you will not come back.  And I regret what've I done. I just wished I'm not mute or deaf that time. But I'm glad too. Because if I don't, I wouldn't have taken the store and meet my first love.