He's Always Known

He Knows

Jihoon leans back and stretches, watching as Jiho moves some sliders and adjusts various wavelengths, looking very serious until he breaks into a yawn that makes tears well up in his eyes.
Shaking himself out of it and glancing at the clock before turning to the maknae, Jiho opens his mouth about something other than P.O's new track for the first time in hours.
"Welp, it's two. Think we're done for the night?" Jihoon nods, breaking out into a yawn himself as Jiho stands to pop his neck and back.
"Anything we could do at this point would probably not help, I can barely see straight." Jiho laughs a little, bobbing his head in agreement as he circles the room, picking up snack wrappers and takeout boxes to toss them out. They had been there for while.
"I guess we're gonna have to walk home, aren't we?" Jiho's head bobs a little more.
"Goddamnit"

"What're you gonna do when we get home?"
"Go straight to bed, what do you think?"
"Oh. Well I was gonna take a bath. Who knew just sitting in a chair all day could make you smell so bad? Or put knots in your back like this? I don't know how you do it, Jiho."
"I'll take a bath with you."
"What?"
"I said, I'll take a bath with you. My Japanese sensibilities dictate I bathe before sleeping, y'know." Jihoon just laughs, and they keep walking.
"I know, Jiho"

They come in as quietly as they can, but can't avoid waking up Taeil, who's curled up on the couch with the tv brightly flickering in front of him. He rubs his eyes groggily and looks around in confusion before focusing on the two figures still removing their shoes by the door.
"Oh, hey guys" he greets them, voice heavy with sleep.
"Good morning, Taeillie~" Jihoon sounds excited as ever to see his favorite hyung and Jiho rolls his eyes in the dark.
"You should go to bed, Taeil, it's past two o'clock" Taeil just waves his hand at him before grabbing for the remote and hitting the power button, plunging the room into an even deeper darkness. Jiho feels along the wall until he gets to the bathroom, flipping the light on and squinting at the brightness. He looks back in time to see Taeil disappear into one of the bedrooms, Jihoon calling quietly after him " good night, Taeillie~"
He rolls his eyes again.

Vigorously brushing his teeth, Jiho watches Jihoon scrub himself under the spray of the shower, talking between mouthfuls of white toothpaste foam.
"You're lucky I begged Cho so much for a dorm with a bath in it. I was groveling for days before he even considered it, y'know" Jihoon just laughs, turning the shower off before slipping into the steaming water of the tub, watching how it sloshes over the side before turning and locking his eyes with his leader's.
"I know, Jiho."
   
Jiho finishes his shower, rinsing for a cursory moment before stopping the spray and joining Jihoon in the tub. He sinks down to his nose in the water and can feel his eyes beginning to droop, until he sees something sparkling in his peripheral vision. Looking over, he watches Jihoon a small bit of water into his mouth before spitting it at the sink, clear across the room. He laughs when it doesn't make it in, repeating the process and getting closer each time. Jiho is quick to join him, making it on the second shot and pumping his fist in victory before noticing Jihoon had already started another game, this time aimed at the ceiling. They get closer and closer, bathwater sprinkling back down on them with each shot, until finally Jihoon manages to put a wet spot on the far away surface, both of them so caught up on laughing that they couldn't be bothered to start another competition.
 
Their skin is pruny as they step out of the now-cool water, instantly wrapping their towels around themselves as they shiver in the even colder air. Jihoon dries off quickly and goes to brush his teeth, watching Jiho towel off in the mirror.
"I love you Jihoon, being around you is like being a kid again" he stops drying for a moment and flushes a dark red when he realises the way he worded it. Jihoon just laughs, rinsing his mouth and putting his toothbrush back where it belongs before turning to Jiho, who is looking down at the ground and scrubbing his hair furiously with his towel. He gently pulls Jiho's chin to face up at him before kissing his lips quickly and softly, laughing as he pulls away, but quietly this time.
"I know, Jiho."