A new roommate!

New Dorm

 

 

So today was finally the day when EXO was getting a new dorm. Or EXO-M to be more precise, since EXO-K was quite satisfied with their dorm, unlike M, who had to stick with an older, smaller and less comfortable dorm option because their company couldn’t afford a better one at the time of their debut.

Things were different now, even though they were only 3 months into their debut, they were surprisingly successful in dominating the hearts of both Chinese and Korean fans. Scratch that, EXO had captured hearts in almost each country in the world (more or less). They had also earned quite a lot for their company and their fame in China was enough for them to get a new dorm as a reward.

EXO-M stood in their new dorm’s living room, which was very different from their previous one. This one had a comfortable leather couch, which could fit 4 out of 6 members and two arm chairs on either sides of the couch. On the wall there was a huge TV and under it was a small coffee table.

The room was also decorated quite nicely. The six boys felt that they were going to enjoy their new dorm life.

But there was one problem. Their manager had ordered them to change their roommates. Just to make a small change.

Since Kris was the leader (and since no one else wanted to do that) it was exactly him who stepped forwards, taking his small notebook and ripping pages from it. He found a pencil from somewhere and crouched down to write their names on stripes of paper.

When he was done he stood up again and gave each member a paper, leaving one for himself.

Kris motioned them to open their papers, starting to unscramble his own as well. It was a blank one so he looked up and searched for a sign that someone had gotten his name.

“Oh, it seems you won’t get rid of me so easily,” Minseok shouted at Tao who just grinned at him. They both took their luggage and went to the first door their eyes fell upon, deciding not to be picky.

“Jongdae,” Luhan smiled and showed the paper to the younger boy who laughed and nodded, both of them taking their luggage. Kris saw Luhan opening the first door, then shaking his head and moving to the next one, further into the corridor so that Kris couldn’t see him anymore.

He was still staring at the place Luhan had disappeared, when he heard a soft cough. Kris turned back and gulped.

“Shall we go?” Kris asked and Yixing nodded, throwing the paper with his name into his handbag.

Kris had not expected this to happen, had not expected at all.

He followed Yixing silently, while trying not to curse his luck. Why Yixing of all people? Was the world against him or something?

He was so immersed in his thoughts that he didn’t notice Yixing stopping and bumped right into him.

“Wha?” Kris questioned, looking up now, right over Yixing’s head, right at the single king sized bed.

 Now he understood why Luhan had chosen to pass this room. He looked at the smaller man right in front of him and sighed. This whole situation couldn’t get any worse. He was sure of that.

 

After getting over the shock, both Lay and Kris entered and the room and started unpacking.

 Lay wondered what the hell was wrong with…well whoever was in charge of picking their dorms and buying furniture for their rooms, because really, the bed was obviously for a married couple.

After getting over the original shock though, he realized that he didn’t care. They were two guys, they would spend minimum in their beds anyways and besides he was sure that if they asked nicely, they would get two normal beds instead of that one.

So yeah, Lay was happily unpacking his stuff and putting them into their closet, which was on the right side of the room. He had also taken the cupboard on the right side, so that left Kris with the left side.

Kris on the other hand was not amused. He was pissed, angry, confused and just feeling tragic. His mind was a mess, his face and expressions remaining blank though. He was unpacking his own stuff, trying not to look at Lay.

The reason for his depression was actually quite simple. For the longest time (which was about a week) he had felt weird around Lay. He would unconsciously reach for the younger and casually drop his arm around Lay’s shoulders. Would simply search for his presence and talk with him when he had the slightest of chance.

At first, it was okay, he did that with everyone. Almost.  But then came the dreams.

Yeah, he started dreaming of the dancer.

He didn’t think much of those dreams for a while, even though he had started to question the reason. But still, he was not worried, at least not until he dreamed of actually kissing Lay.

No need to mention that he had been shocked, grossed out and furious. Furious at his own brain for daring to show such disturbing things to himself. He had dismissed the dreams then. He had tried to convince himself that he was just… too stressed about everything, which was of course true, but simply not good enough reason for dreaming of kissing a very much male band mate.

Thanks to the dreams he started noticing Lay’s presence a bit too often. Or rather, he would unconsciously go to the younger boy, then suddenly become self-conscious, notice each detail in Lay’s appearance and behaving and then leave, as far as possible. That led him ignoring the poor boy.

Lay had taken notice of it of course, since it was really difficult to ignore the constant face (which was not intentional) he got from their leader while smiling and laughing at other members. It had gotten a bit awkward between them after that, that’s why Lay was even kind of happy that they got to share a room now, maybe it would solve their problems?

He looked happily back at the leader and friend, only to catch his Kris glaring at him with his ultimate face. Lay stared at the older boy with his mouth open, his mind going blank. He closed his mouth and smiled a very strained smile and turned back to his stuff.

He was starting to lose faith in their relationship with Kris, which was not good. Not good at all.

“Hey guys, do you wa-,” Tao started saying, but stopped mid-sentence when he saw the bed. He stared and stared and stared until Kris coughed.

“Yes, Tao?” he asked, his tone of voice sounding a bit too sweet.

“Uhm, yeah, eat? We’re probably going to order pizza.” He finished his sentence and looked expectantly at the two older boys.

“I’m not hungry,” Lay said, returning to his suitcase. Kris could see the bag with all kind of snacks hidden behind the huge suitcase though.

“Leave me a piece, I’ll be right there,” Kris said and Tao nodded, leaving the room, but not before giving the bed one last stare.

Kris took out the last blouse from his suitcase and put it into the closet, keeping his poker face while passing Lay, then he put away his toothbrush and beauty products and he was ready. He took an extra minute to calm down and accept his sad and tragic fate. He would survive. He just had to ignore his feelings and everything would be fine.

Easier said than done.

 

The rest of the day was quite uneventful, possibly because Kris spent the next hours watching television with Luhan and Jongdae, while Lay was in their room, practicing his guitar.

Eventually Kris grew tired and he wished his fellow members good night, retreating to his room.

Their room was empty. No Lay. Kris sighed in relief. He went to the closet and changed into his pajama. Just as he was getting under the covers, the bathroom door opened and a very Lay came out. Okay he had actually a towel around his waist, but it made no difference to Kris, who lay frozen in the bed.

“Is there something wrong?”

Lay asked, seeing as Kris was staring at him, eyes wide as if he was seeing a ghost.

Kris shook his head and pulled the covers over himself, trying to calm himself down.

This was not how he imagined his new dorm life.