Why?

Obsession.

-Flashback-

He rummaged the house for candies/lollipops.. Anything he thought would attract Sungyeol, even his most precious model aeroplanes and his mini camera.

He collected everything he thought was good enough to share with Sungyeol and ran out to the garden. He waited for Sungyeol to walk pass his garden. Myungsoo had been looking out for Sungyeol ever since he first saw Sungyeol. He knew very well when Sungyeol would always walk pass his garden to go the the playground.

3, 2, 1. Myungsoo's eyes sparkled.  He saw a slightly slim yet tall figure pass by. "Erm.. Hi!" Myungsoo shouted. The brown haired boy then turned and look at Myungsoo revealing his pink gums as he smiled. "You're talking to me?" Sungyeol asked. Myungsoo nodded, flashing a slight smile at Sungyeol. Sungyeol walked towards Myungsoo but stopped in front of the gate. "Just come in." Myungsoo grinned as he held out his hand, looking up to the other boy. "My name is Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo." he said as he waited for the other boy to shake his hand. Sungyeol laughed but held back from laughing more. "Lee Sungyeol. Nice to meet you. Myungsoo ah!" Sungyeol spoke as he ruffled Myungsoo's hair rather than shaking his hand. Myungsoo blinked as he placed his hand back beside his body. He couldn't help but smile. In such a short timespan, Myungsoo has smiled more than once, a smile that even his family hasn't seen for a long time.

Myungsoo then showed Sungyeol the toys and candies he gathered. "Be my friend and let's share these!" Myungsoo exclaimed pointing at the pile of things. Sungyeol ran towards where Myungsoo pointed. "Woahhhhhh! Can i have those candies?" Sungyeol looked at Myungsoo innocently. "If you consider me as a friend then just take it!" Myungsoo replied. Upon hearing that Sungyeol sat down happily beside the candies and stuffed his mouth with them. Myungsoo just stood beside Sungyeol and watched him. Myungsoo certainly enjoys watching Sungyeol.

From then on, Sungyeol would always go to Myungsoo's house and play with him instead of playing at the playground. Their parents didn't mind them spending so much time together and even thought they were really cute. After school, Myungsoo would change and sit in the garden, waiting for Sungyeol to appear while Sungyeol would return home and change before rushing to meet Myungsoo. This continued until months after Sungyeol went to highschool. Sungyeol was really popular in school. He had many friends in school, but he still thought Myungsoo was better than any of them. He would rush home as usual; in a hurry to meet Myungsoo and tell him stories about his day in school. He would tell Myungsoo how much he wished time pass by faster so he could meet Myungsoo sooner and Myungsoo would always smile happily listening to Sungyeol chattering away.

 

-


But somehow, they were so close, or rather too close, things started changing for the worse as they grew older.
It all started changing when Sungyeol went to high school. Sungyeol has always been a good looking child since young and thus, he was popular.

No matter how much other kids wanted to hang out with him he would always reject them, for Myungsoo. He knows Myungsoo is obsessive. He doesn't want anyone near Sungyeol except for himself. Not even his younger brother, Moonsoo. Moonsoo had once tried to approach Sungyeol when he saw his hyung playing with Sungyeol in the garden. But as soon as Myungsoo saw him coming he glared so hard at Moonsoo that Moonsoo ran back into the house. Myungsoo is indeed obsessive.

The second school term had started and Sungyeol had to return to school after the one week break. Sungyeol spent that one week bringing Myungsoo to places near their neighbourhood since Myungsoo rarely steps out of his house. They had so much fun that the week passed by too quickly and the day Sungyeol has to return to school came.

Sungyeol happily prepared for school. He was anticipating for interesting things to happen, so he could share stories with Myungsoo.
However, Sungyeol received an unexpected confession letter from someone from his high school. Sungyeol felt happy though, receiving something like that for the first time. He felt so excited that he ran home as quickly as he could to share this "good news" to Myungsoo. He believed Myungsoo would feel happy hearing that.

Sungyeol's face was shining as he told Myungsoo about the letter and how he felt receiving it. He wanted to see Myungsoo's smile. He thought Myungsoo would smile as usual, listening to him.
But much to Sungyeol's disappointment, Myungsoo stared at Sungyeol coldly for the first time. Before Sungyeol could ask what's wrong Myungsoo ran back to his room leaving a shocked Sungyeol behind.

Myungsoo started avoiding Sungyeol eversince; ignoring Sungyeol's text messages, calls and even when Sungyeol called out to him, Myungsoo would just turn away.

 

Sungyeol stared at Myungsoo as Myungsoo walked pass him. It has been 3 years since that incident and Sungyeol has never once forgotten about it. It still haunts him, Myungsoo's cold stare. 
Sungyeol felt hurt. He didn't do anything wrong to Myungsoo, he has never hurt Myungsoo he thought. He feels upset getting this kind of treatment from Myungsoo. He missed how close they were. He missed the smiling Myungsoo. Now all he saw was the gloomy and grumpy Myungsoo. Sungyeol wanted his best friend back. He felt empty all this while without Myungsoo's companion.

Gathering his last bit of courage, Sungyeol once again attempted to talk to Myungsoo. Before he could open his mouth, Myungsoo turned and walk away.

Sungyeol sighed and looked down. "Why?....."