Chapter 6: From Arguing to Smiling

Welcome to the Beach House

Jaejoong woke up early because he and Dara had to cook their breakfast. He was already expecting a cold or unfriendly treatment from Dara. What happened on the other hand was that, Dara did not even bother waking up early to help in preparing the breakfast. He had to prepare the breakfast all alone. Dara just came down for breakfast. During breakfast, they sat together and that is where the cold treatment started.

When their housemates are done with their breakfast and left the two of them alone, Dara just ignored him as she gathers the used plates. Even while they were washing the dishes, she just acted like he never een existed and it was too much for him to bear. "Jeez! Are you really mad at me because of what happened yesterday?" whined Jaejoong. "What I did is not that bad and it didn't kill you." Dara didn't answer him nor looked at him.

When they were done with washing dishes, Dara was about to walk away but Jaejoong grabbed her wrist and pinned her on the wall. "You've been ignoring me baby and I don't like it," said Jaejoong with a naughty smirk on his face.

Dara scowled at the pretty man in front of her. "Let me go," she said coldly.

Jaejoong smirked at what Dara said. "What if I don't want to?" he said in a suave tone then he looked at her lips.

Dara noticed at where his eyes are looking at. "Let me go!" she screamed then hit his groin with her knee. Jaejoong screamed in pain and his knees touched the floor and cried in pain like his life depended on it. Dara looked at Jaejoong for a second and kind of felt sorry for him but she shrugged and ran upstairs.

Jaejoong continued to scream in pain but his screams had somehow gotten lower but the pain in his crotch is still visible even though it had subsided for a bit. Sunye and Hara saw him and their eyes widened after seeing the poor guy. "Oh my gosh! What happened to you?" asked Sunye and ran closer to Jaejoong. Hara joined her and asked him "Are you alright?"

Jaejoong can't help but feel embarrased right now. He was so humiliated that he could die of shame right now. No other girl had caused him this kind of humiliation. He just stood up and composed himself, enduring the pain and walked calmly. "I'm fine," he said and left Sunye and Hara. The two girls blinked while looking at Jaejoong's retreating back. They wondered what happened back there for he was crying in pain earlier and suddenly he's fine but just shrugged and left.

 

Dara went to her room and banged the door. "I hate that pretty boy!"

Yoona was startled at her cousin's outburst. "What's wrong, Darong?" she asked with a worried tone.

Dara just looked at her cousin. "Urgh! I hate that pretty boy!" whined Dara as she let her body collide with the soft mattress. "Why do I have to pick his name? Life is so cruel."

Yoona just chuckled at her cousin's whining. "Oh come on! You did not even help him prepare breakfast."

Dara just gaped at her cousin's remark.  "I was feeling bad this morning so you can't blame me," said Dara as if she's stating a fact. "And which side are you on? My side or that pretty guy's."

Yoona giggled at her cousin's reasoning and question. "For an intelligent girl, you can be really childish at times," said Yoona. "I can't believe you and Hyunjoong are older than me when you both act like you're younger than me sometimes and I'm supposed to be the youngest. And I'm not siding with anyone because are the two of you fighting in the first place? I bet the reason you ditched is because you ca-"

"Okay fine! You don't have to say it in my face!" yelled Dara and scrunched her nose.

"I'll be going," said Yoona, carrying her art materials and camera.

Dara eyed her cousin and grinned at her mischievously. "Let me guess, you're going to the beach to meet up with your prince charming, eh?"

Yoona blushed at her cousin's question. "Yah! What are you talking about?" answered Yoona defensively.

Dara just laughed at her flustered cousin. "Oh come on! You were smiling like an idiot yesterday when you got here from the beach," said Dara. "So I bet, something eventful happened."

Yoona just can't hide everything from her cousin. Dara knows her too well and kept on teasing her. "YOONA AND JIYONG! SITTING IN A TREE! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" 

Yoona can't help but blush deeper at her cousin's teasing. "Just kidding Yoongie," said Dara, winking at her cousin. "Have fun with prince charming. He seems like a nice guy so, go get him girl!"

Yoona just rolled her eyes after hearing what her cousin said. "I don't know what you're talking about," she muttered as she goes out of their room and closed the door.

Dara closed her eyes for a while when she heard someone open the door, got in and closed it. "So Yoongie, how's your moment with Jiyong, your prince charming?" She asked teasingly but heard no answer then she was startled when someone pinned her. She opened her eyes and opened to see Jaejoong with a mischievous grin.

"With your mouth open like that, I might get the wrong idea that you're inviting my tongue to meet yours,"

"Aaaaaahhhh! Get off me!" screamed Dara with her lungs out. Jaejoong finally got off and laughed. Dara's face flushed, this pretty man is starting to become infuriating. "What are you doing here?" she asked angrily, jumping out of her bed. "Don't you know that I can just sue you for ual harrassment!" 

Jaejoong continued laughing upon hearing the term ual harrassment. "Now, now, what made you say that I'm ually harrassing you?" said Jaejoong coolly. "Coz if you will really sue me, you don't have any support to back up your accusations. You don't have any proof such as recorded videos or pictures and you don't even have a witness." 

Dara glared at the man in front of him. She hate to admit it but Jaejoong does surprise him at times. At first, she thought that he was just some annoying, good for nothing, pretty boy but she can tell that he's more than that but it won't change the fact that she is clearly not fond of him. She just groaned in frustration. Jaejoong stopped laughing and looked at the petite girl in front of her with a mischievous smile. "I'm just here to remind you that you still have your cooking duties later," said Jaejoong. "You ditched me this morning but I'll just let it pass. This time, I won't. Not to mention, the pain you gave me earlier. "

Dara's eyebrows met when she heard him mention the word cooking duties and what made it worse was that she had to do it with him. "In fact, I should just let you cook alone coz I already did my part," said Jaejoong then he walked towards Dara. "But I won't do that because I don't want to miss the fun cooking with you has to offer."

Dara looked at Jaejoong with pure disgust. "Your groin deserved to be hit!"

Jaejoong chuckled. "And your knee hurt my ego."

"But coming here in your room, I never expected to get something really interesting."

Dara looked at Jaejoong quizzically. "What are you talking about?" 

Jaejoong looked at Dara and smiled. "Your face, when I pinned you on the bed earlier was priceless," Jaejoong smirked while talking. "Then I heard something really interesting and unexpected. Something that you should have not told me."

Dara's brows furrowed. "What do you mean?"

Jaejoong leaned on the wall with his arms crossed. "When I entered your room, you asked me a question which made you accidentally reveal that your cousin Yoona, has a crush on Jiyong who also happens to be my cousin." Dara's eyes widened and covered with her palm. "I bet you don't want me revealing that, right?"

Dara can feel sweat forming on her forehead. She mentally cursed the person in front of her and if only killing isn't a crime, she will stab him later in the kitchen. "I didn't say anything like that and that's not true," she said calmly, hoping that he will believe her but she knew better. She knows that under that shallow, vain and arrogant act he is showing is actually a mind that knows how to think.

"But your question earlier says otherwise," said Jaejoong.

Dara sighed in defeat. "Can we just not talk about this, especially in front of Yoona?" said Dara. "I don't want to embarass her or put her in an awkward position."

Jaejoong smiled in triumph. "Okay but from now on, you'll be a bit nice to me," said Jaejoong.

Dara hated the idea. "In your dreams!" Jaejoong chuckled. "Alright, I don't mind teasing Yoona with Jiyong," he said with a mischievous tone. "I think they will look cute together."

Dara clenched her teeth and her hands formed into a fist and she felt like she's about to punch Jaejoong's pretty face. "Alright! I'll be a bit nicer to you and I won't ditch you in the kitchen later. Now can you please go and leave me alone!"

"Alright, if that's what you want," said Jaejoong but before leaving her, he leaned down with his mouth close to her ear. "And upon hearing your scream earlier, I wonder if I can make you scream like that or probably higher." Dara gave Jaejoong questioning looks. By looking at Dara, he can tell that she did not understand what he meant and it amused him. Somehow, it did not surprise her that she was this innocent. "This is interesting," he thought and smirked. "Well your scream would probably be high because I'm very experienced in the bedroom department."

Dara's eyes widened upon hearing the last four words Jaejoong said. She can feel blood rushing through her chicks. "You disgusting ert!" she screamed then grabbed the nearest stuff and threw it towards Jaejoong. Jaejoong was surprised at Dara throwing things to him, luckily, he was able to dodge. Dara kept on throwing her stuff at Jaejoong who continously dodged until he finally got out of her room.

Dara panted and lay on her bed. "I hate that guy."  A few minutes later, she got out of her room with her textbook and went to the terrace and sat on one of the table's chair. A few minutes later, she was joined by Eunjung. The two of them were just quiet the whole time as Dara was busy reading her textbook while Eunjung was so engrossed in her computer. Eunjung broke the silence, much to Dara''s surprise because earlier, she can see Eunjung as someone who is really cold and snobbish. "So how is it being a medical student?"

Dara looked at Eunjung and gave her a smile. "It's difficult and stressful but it's fun."

Eunjung just continued typing. "It's good that you're having fun with what you're doing and you're focused."

"Thanks and whatever it is you're doing I can tell that you're really focused in your career," said Dara. "I bet it's really important."

Eunjung nodded. "I'm doing this for my promotion."

Dara looked at Eunjung and smiled. "Oh, well, goodluck and I hope you'll get it.," said Dara.

Eunjung smiled. "Thanks and good luck with your studies."

Unknown to the two ladies talking, two gentlemen are staring at them from afar, inside the house. "Why I am not surprised that they will get along," said Jaejoong.

Hyunjoong just chuckled. "Hey, does miss feisty have a boyfriend?"

Jaejoong was puzzled at the question. "Why with the sudden interest with Eunjung?" asked Jaejoong.

"I just want to know since she's so cold."

"Well she used to have one," said Jaejoong. His answer earned him a questioning look from his friend. "They just broke up recently and they have been dating for two years. Unfortunately, Taecyeon cheated with Eunjung's friend, Jessica that ended their engagement for she chose Jessica over Eunjung. Even though I don't get along well with Eunjung, I can't help but feel sorry for her for she really loved the guy. When she introduced the guy during her mom's birthday, I can already tell that they will just break up in the end and I was right. I'm surprised that it took them two years to figure out that they're not meant for each other."

"What made you say that they won't last when you met the guy?" asked Hyunjoong.

"Well, Taecyeon has that proud aura enveloping him and he seems to be the traditional type of guy who believes that men should be the one in-charge, providers and that women are homemakers who have to love and serve their husbands," explained Jaejoong. "And the type of man who wants to settle down. After seeing Eunjung's confidence to be in-charge and the way she argues with me, can you imagine her being a housewife? You won't even have the assurance of settling down with her when her life revolves around her promotion like her life depended on it." Hyunjoong just shook his head. Seeing the feisty miss being ambitious made it hard to imagine her being a housewife or even just settling down.

"I can also tell that Taecyeon being the lovey-dovey type, will not match Eunjung's cold and strong personality," added Jaejoong. "Jessica, her bestfriend on the other hand is the opposite of Eunjung. Sweet, fun-loving and outgoing. I even get along with her more than my own cousin and she somehow revealed that she dreams of being a good wife and having a family someday. There was a time Taecyeon tried to have PDA with Eunjung but she just ignored him."

"I see, so that's how it is, huh." Everything made sense to Eunjung's reaction when he asked her if she had a boyfriend because she just had a painful break up.

"Hey, can you tell me about your cousin Dara?" asked Jae which made Hyunjoong raised her eyebrow.

"What about Dara?" he asked.

"Well, what is she like since it looks like she hates me," said Jaejoong.

"Are you hitting on my cousin?" asked Hyunjoong.

"No I'm not, but if it's okay with you maybe I will since she's really pretty and kind of hard to get, my type of girl," said Jaejoong with a smirk.

Hyunjoong gave a light punch on his friends's arm. "I will not let my cousin be one of your collection of girls," said Hyunjoong.

"Okay, what about Yoona?" asked Jaejoong and Hyunjoong just shook his head.

"Dara and Yoona are innocent when it comes to the relationship department," said Hyunjoong  "Dara is the brainy type and she's quite good with observations so I guess she won't fall for you easily for I know she can easily tell your intentions. She's aloof to people, she hates it when people bother her so much, she hates drama and she's the type who'll say what's on her mind. Yoona is the artsy type and more approachable and mild-mannered but you don't stand a chance with her coz you're just simply not her type. So whether I let you hit on my cousins or not, you don't have a chance with them."

"Jeez, why don't you just tell it straight to me that you don't trust me with your cousins."

Hyunjoong just chuckled at his friend's statement. "Let's join the two girls," said Jaejoong which earned a nod from his friend. The two pretty boys joined the two busy girls. Dara glared daggers at Jaejoong and if looks could kill, he would've been dead by now. Jaejoong just smirked to tease Dara.

Eunjung stared blankly at Hyunjoong then looked the other way. After the incident last night, being around him made her feel awkward. Hyunjoong on the other hand just sat calmly on the chair beside Jaejoong facing Eunjung and stared at her. Eunjung can feel his eyes burning into her. She mentally wished that he would just leave and with her annoying cousin being around made it worse. She was just thankful that Dara's around or else, it ould've been worse. Dara looked at Eunjung and and Hyunjoong with questioning looks. She hated the fact that Jaejoong's there but seeing the two other people made her forget all about him. She can feel the tension between this two and suspected that something must've happen.

Dara's attention was shifted when Yoona arrived with Jiyong carrying her art materials. "Wow, you're all here together," said Yoona with a smile. 

Seeing these two together made him remember what happened earlier in Dara's room. An impish idea popped in his mind. "And so are you," said Jaejoong with a naughty tone which made Dara cringe. "Are you finally going to tell us that you're hooking up?" Yoona and Jiyong's eyes widened and blushed at Jaejoong's question.

"No we're not Hyung!" said Jiyong. Jaejoong laughed at the two people's reaction. Hyunjoong was alarmed with Jae's question. Eunjung looked at the two of them with curiosisty.

Dara was the one shocked the most and mentally wished that the ground would just swallow her. She felt like strangling Jaejoong who just laughed. She finally kicked the laughing man's shin who groaned in pain. "I was just kidding," he said.

Dara stood up from her chair. "Excuse us for it will be lunchtime soon," said Dara, trying not to stutter. "We have to start cooking," she said then bowed to the others and pulled Jaejoong with him. They finally reached the kitchen. Dara tried to calm herself and Jaejoong was just so amused looking at her being like that. "What were you thinking?" squealed Dara. "What if Yoona suspects that I told you. Well I didn't but I accidentally did. But still..." Jaejoong can't help but be amused with how Dara is right now. He cupped her face and pinched her cheeks.

Dara was surprised with Jae's action. She wanted to reprimand him but she was tongue tied which she find odd. But the weird feeling was that she felt the electricity coursing through her body because of the contact. She can see him smirk which made him annoyingly hot and she mentally scolded herself for seeing it that way. It was the first time she looked directly at his eyes and he had these beautiful big brown eyes filled with mystery that made her hypnotized right now. She can't understand what's happening to her.

Jaejoong looked at Dara's eyes and overall he can't help but think that Dara is indeed a wonderful piece of art that he won't mind looking at for eternity. He looked at her lips and he can't take it anymore. He leaned forward and slowly, hoping that she won't move and just let his lips touch and taste her lips. He'd been wanting to do this for a while. He's a guy and guys want to kiss women's lips but Dara's case was different but he just can't lay a finger on what made it different.

Dara went back to her senses and can see Jaejoong leaning towards her, slowly. She can tell where this might lead to and decided to pull back and push Jaejoong. 'I-I think we should start cooking," said Dara and walked towards the fridge to get the ingredients. Jaejoong sighed with frustration and followed Dara. They gathered all the ingredients needed. Jaejoong sliced the onions and the garlic. Dara felt lost and confused with what's happening. Jaejoong requested her to slice the turnip. Dara held the knife and tried to peel the turnip. Her hands were shaking as she tried to peel the turnip. Dara who is known by her family and friends as the intelligent girl, a straight A student, who was always the best at what she does, for the first time, felt like she didn't know what to do and realized that all the knowledge she knew won't be much of help to something as simple as cooking.

Jae checked how Dara was doing. His eyes widened at how Dara peels the turnip. He chuckled at what he just saw. "Is this the reason why you ditched me earlier?" said Jaejoong.

Dara's eyebrows furrowed "What do you mean?"

Jaejoong laughed. Dara never fail to amuse him and seeing her in this state amuses him even more. "You ditched me earlier because of the fact that you don't know how to cook," said Jaejoong, trying not to laugh.

"What are you talking about?" asked Dara in a defensive tone. Jaejoong just gave her a look that says "you don't have to deny it coz it's obvious." Dara sighed. "Fine! I don't know how to cook!" she screeched.

Jaejoong laughed and took the knife from her hand which made their fingers brushed. The small contact made Dara feel the electricity coursing through her body again and became stiff. She can also feel the blood rushing through her cheeks. She looked the other way to hide the blush. "Let me do it," said Jaejoong confidently. "I'll show you. You can just observe for now." Jaejoong winked at her which made her face flush. She can't help but wonder why is he having an effect on her like this, right now. She pushed those thoughts away and looked at her cooking partner. He impressed her for he seems to know what he's doing.

Jae finished cooking and let Dara taste the food. Her eyes widened at the delightful taste. "It's really good!" said Dara who smiled at him. Seeing Dara like his cooking made him feel good but seeing her smile at him for the first time made him feel ten times better. He found it strange that Dara had this weird effect on him. He doesn't know what it is yet but whatever it is it made him happy right now.

Dara admitted that he liked his cooking. Liking his cooking is an understatement, she's impressed with it but she's not gonna tell him that of course. She smiled at him and he smiled back and for the first time from the time they we're introduced, they smiled at each other sincerely, not arguing, frowning or smirking with each other but just simply smiling.

 

 

 

 

 

 

To all Jaedara fans so there goes our Jaedara moment...so what do you think?

Please don't forget to leave a comment.

Thanks to those who read, commented and subscribed this story...It's very much appreciated.

Next chapter will be updated soon...