Prologue

Here With Me

 

Choi Siwon was happily driving his car. He finally finished all his work after a crazy week in his company, and now he was finally going home in a proper hour, not only when the dawn had already arrived.

He stopped in the red light and decided to put some music. A slow ballad started to play and he felt calm. When the lights turned green, Won started to drive, but suddenly another car appeared coming fast from the crossroad. Siwon could only see a boy running from nowhere and stopping in the middle of the street, and in the middle of the cars, before the inevitable crush happen.

While the people started to crowd around the accident, between two cars and a boy, and call for an ambulance, a slow ballad was still playing inside one of the cars.

::

Siwon opened his eyes a little bit, but he felt like the world was spinning, so he closed his eyes again. There were some voices, some afflicted voices, around him, but he wasn't recognizing any of them. He also felt that they were touching him, which was strange, so he opened his eyes again and saw a man with a white mask, a nurse's mask, who was talking worriedly with him.

"Can you hear me?" He seemed to look to something in his hand. "Siwon-ssi? Please stay focused and try to hear my voice. Siwon-ssi, if you can listen me, then blink twice or grab my hand."

Thinking that if he blinked, he would faint, Siwon slowly and weakly grabbed the hand of the strange man. "Great, Siwon-ssi, now I want you to stay calm. I'm a nurse, and you are in an ambulance." But, suddenly, Won felt a lacerating pain in the left side of his body. He grunted and started to feel dizzy, until he passed out again.

::

People in white coats were running here and there at the ICU. The two drivers from the accident were certainly bruised, but the boy in the middle of everything was much worse than them. The surgery was lasting more than two hours and he needed a quick blood transfer, which fortunately worked well.

After another hour, the boy was finally stable, but still unconscious. The surgeon in charge of the boy was washing his hands, taking out his gloves all dirty of blood, when one of the male nurses entered in the room and approached him.

"Doctor Donghae, the brunette driver, Choi Siwon, is already awake and his parents are here, asking for you. The other driver is awake too, with his wife, but is talking to police, since all the accident was his fault."

"Thank you, Hyukjae-ssi, I'll be right there.  And the boy’s parents? Still nothing?"

"Unfortunately no, Hae... I mean, doctor." In which doctor Donghae just sighed, not noticing the older's mistake. "As he hadn't any document with him, we couldn't contact his family." Hyuk added, and Hae sighed again.

"The surgery just ended, so we have to wait him wake up to ask him." Then the two men walked out of the ICU.

::

Siwon was resting in the hospital bed, while his parents were asking tons of questions to the doctor. He was feeling much better and the bruise in the left side of his body was already with a bandage, almost without discomfort. Actually, after the danger has passed, he was feeling kind of embarrassed about the way his parents were acting about his accident. But the doctor was just calmly smiling, looking amused by the act.

The male nurse who helped him and talked to him inside of the ambulance waved to Siwon, in which he happily replied. Suddenly, something occurred to him and Won motioned to the male nurse approach.

"Hi, excuse me…"                                     

"Hyukjae, you can call me Hyuk."

"Choi Siwon, but I think you already know that." Both of them smiled. "I wanted to thank you for earlier. Seriously, it meant a lot."

"You're welcome, but it's just my job." Hyukjae widened his smile, and felt a little pride of himself.

"But thank you anyway." He hesitated, then continued. "So, can you tell me about what happened to that boy who was also in the accident? I'm kinda worried about him, because I saw him appear from nowhere, in the middle of the street, so I imagine that he must be really bad…" Siwon blurted out what he was thinking, trying to remember something about the guy, but everything was so quick, that he could only remember about his bright hair.

"He is still unconscious, unfortunately. But his surgery took much more time than yours and the other driver’s, so we are monitoring him, waiting for any change. But the issue is that he is alone, no one appeared looking for him and he doesn't have any identification… You don't know him, do you?"

Siwon shook his head negatively, starting to frown. He glanced at his worried parents and suddenly imagined the unconscious guy all by himself. That, somehow, made Siwon a little sad.

"Is everything ok, Siwon-ssi?" Hyuk asked.

"Yes, yes… And you can call me Siwon, if you want." And smiled a bit. "Do you know when I'm gonna be discharged?"

"If you don't feel any strange pain or something odd, I think doctor Donghae will discharge you tomorrow."

"Thank you…"

::

After finally convincing his parents that yes, he was fine, no, he wasn't feeling any pain - which was a little lie - and yes, his sister would come the next day to help him go home, his parents decided to go to their trip, which was supposed to happen that day, but was interrupted by Siwon's accident.

Won, now alone, sat in his hospital bed, his mind full with thoughts. After the little talk with Hyukjae, he couldn't stop himself to think about the lonely boy who was unconscious in one of the rooms of the hospital. He didn’t have anybody to watch over him, or to worry about his wounds.

Siwon just... couldn't stand that. Especially when he felt a little guilty about the accident.

Won stood up and, with a funny face, he took out the needle with the medicine from his arm. Just a minute, i'll put it back later. He looked at the window and saw that was probably late at night, which was better for him.

In his tiptoes, he got out of his room. The corridor was thankfully empty, so he started the silliest thing he ever did: look for the boy in all the rooms. Siwon started to open all the doors, only finding sleeping patients inside. He, then, felt a little embarrassed for his attitude and felt much more when someone suddenly said:

"Yah! Choi Siwon, I was just going to check you! What are you doing here? You were supposed to be resting, you know?" Hyukjae approached, frowning his eyebrows, but not looking really angry.

"O-oh, hi, Hyukjae-ssi. I was just… I was… you know." And sighed, clearly defeated by himself. "I was looking for the boy."

"From the same accident as you?" Siwon nodded. "Well…" Hyuk scratched his head, thinking. "Come on, I'm not in charge of him, but I know where he is. I noticed that you are feeling guilty about him, so let's see if he has already awaked."

Won smiled widely, letting the two deep dimples he had to show. "Thank you!"

They walked to the end of the corridor, turning left until they reached the second room. "Here it is…" Hyuk muttered and opened the door.

Siwon entered the room, his breath a little rushed, and approached the bed. The boy was there, with a lot of needles in his arms, his chest going up and down in a calm pace. The bright hair was there, looking very soft and fluffy, and Siwon couldn’t help to notice the pinky lips and the chubby cheeks that the boy also had. He didn't seem to be so much younger than him, maybe two, three years. He looked perfectly fine, except for the bandage in his forehead and in other parts of his body, almost like he is…

"Is he sleeping?"  He muttered looking to Hyukjae, who was reading the boy's files.

"Well, here is saying that he was supposed to be already awake, since they lowered the anesthesia's dose, but still nothing. His heartbeat is fine, also the breathing, but still haven’t waken up." Hyuk said, looking worriedly to the boy.

Won returned his look to the younger, wondering why he was like that. "And still nobody from his family?"

"No, I'm afraid not." Hyukjae then sighed. "Well, sorry, I think I didn't help you a lot. But tomorrow after you’ve been discharged, you can ask anything to doc. Donghae. Now, let's get out of here, change your medicines and you'll go back to your rest."

Siwon nodded, throwing a last worried glance to the lonely boy before he walked out of the room.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Here it is, I'm sleepy now, so I'll sleep thinking that you all liked it hahah