And Yet I'm Still Confused

And Yet I'm Still Confused

 

And Yet I’m still confused

The first time I met him, I was confused. Green eyes?  Bright Green eyes? I was so curious so I asked why. Sarcasm was the answer he gave me. “What am I supposed to say?” he asked me, “that I drink green juice?” I laughed and smiled. So Yi Jeong, I thought, you are one crazy guy. I found out later that he was just wearing contacts…green is his favorite color.

I met Yi Jeong a year later. We were at camp. His camp club was friends with mine and we all decided to hang out together. All of us were under a big text. It was so big that, two blue whales could have fit in there It was raining really hard but no one minded it because we were having fun “Who wants to play run the Rhythm?” Yi Jeong asked, and everyone cheered. Me? I was confused, just like the first time I met him. I learned the game and figured it out, and I thought I figured Yi Jeong out also, but I was wrong.

I saw Yi Jeong last month. Did I tell you he’s really self-centered? “Okay” he told me, “when they call my name, scream”. I shrugged and he slouched, upset at my low enthusiasm. When they called his name as expected, I did not scream. What was not expected was that I laughed. I laughed so hard that my face was red. There was gum on his pants.

I saw Yi Jeong last week. That selfish, annoying, self- centered boy was showing off his drumming skills. He kept calling my name but I ignored him. He didn’t stop though, and he kept banging that drum! I was so irritated! So much, that I had enough energy to punch and actually break a wall down. “What!” I shouted back at him. He smiled and smiled and said, “Oh, nothing.” That Guy! How much more confusing can he get!

I saw Yi Jeong last year, I saw Yi Jeong this year. I saw Yi Jeong this month, I saw Yi Jeong this week. I saw Yi Jeong yesterday, and I’ll see Yi Jeong today. And yet, what ceases to amaze me, is that he still confuses me.