Transformation

Into The Future (Permanent hiatus)

 

                                        (Zen’s POV)

It had been four years since I last saw them. I cleaned up my life, and turned it around for the better. For her. For Yuka. I told her I would stay out of her life, and I kept my word. That didn’t stop me from watching over her every now and then, in secret of course.

I had moved into the apartment complex right across from where Yuka was staying. I had to watch out for her, and my son. Taiga was his name. He was a cute looking kid. Seeing him made me want to become a better person. I only hoped that one day Yuka could forgive me for all of the pain I had caused her.

Guilt coursed through my mind as I thought about all of the horrible things I had done to her. I was nothing but a monster back then.

It wasn’t always like that though. When we were kids we would always play together. I smiled at the thoughts of our happy childhood.

~Flashback~

“Are you going to play with me or not, Zen?” Yuka asked.

The small eight year old blonde girl had her arms crossed and let out a small huff. I watched her tap her foot on the ground in annoyance.

“I can’t today, Yuka. I promised the boys I would play with them.” I replied.

“I don’t like them. They are bullies.” Yuka said quietly, a sudden fear flashed in her eyes.

“Don’t worry Yuka. I promise I won’t let anything bad happen to you. They will never touch you as long as I’m here.” I said in a reassuring voice.

Yuka’s face lit up as I said those words to her. She had a huge grin on her face, and she let out a soft giggle.

“Okay Zen. I’m trusting you. I have to go anyways.” Yuka said as she started to walk off.

I watched Yuka meet up with her sister Rin and I headed off to hang out with my new older guy friends.

 

After that day, Yuka and I slowly started to drift apart. I broke my promise to her. I had failed her, and I vowed to never let that happen again.

I sat down on my leather couch and let out a long sigh as I ran my fingers through my hair. How would I fix the damage that I had caused? Where do I even begin?

Suddenly the answer hit me. My son. Maybe if I could show him that I’ve changed then maybe Yuka would give me a second chance.

I didn’t care about how long it would take. As long as Yuka would have me then that’s all I wanted. I wanted; no I needed to be in their lives. Both of them were like the missing puzzle pieces in my life. Without them, I would never be complete.

I stood up and walked over to the window. A familiar figure with long tousled brown hair ran down the streets into the apartment complex across from me.

It was raining. I watched the drops of water splash against the window pane and saw the trees blowing in the heavy wind. The street below me was now abandoned by people.

Soggy flyers clung to the ground and paper bags blazed through the sky. Must be another thunderstorm, I thought.

A loud roar of thunder followed by lightning ripped through the sky. I wondered how Yuka was dealing with this storm. She never did like thunderstorms very much. I smiled at the thought of her.

~Flashback~

“I’m scared.” Yuka whispered as she clutched her blanket and held it so that only her eyes were peering out.

“It’s just a thunderstorm, Yuka. No need to be afraid. We’re safe as long as we stay inside.” I reassured her.

“C-can you sleep with me tonight, Zen? I’m still scared.” Yuka choked out.

I smiled into the darkness and walked over to Yuka’s bed. I curled up under the covers and gently wrapped an arm around Yuka. She seemed to loosen up at my touch but I could still feel her shivering from fear.

“It’s okay now. I’m not going anywhere. I promise.” I whispered into her ear.

Yuka nodded before she drifted off to sleep. I soon followed after her as I nuzzled into her neck.

 

Another burst of lightning shot across the sky. To me this was the perfect kind of sleeping weather.

I walked back over to my couch to take a nap. The thoughts of Yuka were still fresh in my mind.


A/N: I hope you guys are liking the sequel so far. Comments and subscribers are welcome here. Thank you for reading. ^_^