First Day of March

Anticipating A Change

I

A PERFECTLY NORMAL day for Kang Junhee. The sun is out, shining bright like the way it's supposed to be, birds tweeting in delight, the sweet smell of bacon in the air.

"Ahh... Bacon." Junhee murmured in his sleep, rubbing his eyes.

"KANG JUNHEE!" A loud, frilly voice shrieked from their kitchen.

"Ugh... WAIT A MOMENT MOM!" Junhee groaned and got up from messy sheets.

5:47AM

Oh my gosh. Junhee panicked and ran to his bathroom.

He grabbed his toothbrush and took off the cap, putting some toothpaste on it, causing a messy outcome. He put the toothbrush in his mouth and started brushing rapidly.

He spit out and rinsed his mouth, water splashing all over his bathroom.

He got into the shower and nearly ripped off his shirt and he took off his pajamas. Opening the shower and the hot water started to pour out.

"OH MY! HOT HOT HOT!" he screeched at the hot water and grabbed his strawberry scented shampoo and scrubbed it in his dark hair, causing small bubles to move around.

He once again moved to the hot water and let out a painful hiss, why is the water hot when it's morning?! 

He finished showering and got out of the bathroom, putting on his clothes one by one. He finished with his socks. Mismatched to be exact. The other one white, the other one black.

He put on his shoes and came down the stairs, he saw his mom cooking in the kitchen. He grabbed a piece of toast and he slung his bag over his right shoulder, taking a big bite out of it.

He opened the door and was about to go out. "Hey! Where do you think you're going?" His mother asked from the kitchen, turning off the stove and placing eggs on a plate.

His mother made a complete english breakfast. Pancakes, eggs, orang juice and his absolute favorite dessert of all time, Waffles with big heaps of whipped cream, strawberries and blueberries spreading around the plate.

"It's 4:47 mister. Going to school early are we?" He looked at the clock beside his mom and mentally facepalmed. Why is my clock set to an hour later!?

He put down his bag on the leather couch, sighing as he slouched towards the kitchen table. "Hm," his mother stared at him.

"What?"

His mother frowned and shook her head, moving towards the bathroom door. 

"What's wrong with her?" he shrugged and picked up a small fork, stabbing it directly to the waffle infront of him.

 

 

 

 

 

After a few minutes of eating, he finally finished his dessert and moved on to the eggs. He stabbed the fork into the egg and raised it up to his mouth, putting it in after a few seconds of staring a the bathroom door.

Hm, must be diarrhea. He continued eating and stabbing the eggs.

After what seemed like a few hours of eating, he finally finished and moved towards the couch. He turned back before sitting down to see what time it was. 5:01

"Why is so early?" He continued moving to the couch and sat down quietly. Opening the TV, he flipped through different channels. He found his favorite of all time, Channel M.

He jumped up and down on the couch and heard a small creaking of a door. He didn't mind it and waited for the commercial to finish. 

There came up Lee Hongki of F.T Island and H.O.T's Tony, speaking the same things they always says before starting off with the first performer. Replay? Well, it's alright.

Right after performances from different artists and MBLAQ's comeback, there was his awaited performance. NS Yoon-G's 'The Reason I Became A Witch,'

He sang along with her. "I hate you, forget you niga sireo!" He sang off-key but his voice is truly lovely when he's not that careless. He jsut doesn't believe that he's that perfect.

His mother came to him and tapped his shoulder. "Junhee?" He turned around with that innocent look that's plastered on his face.

"Can you... Take off your glasses? And take that gel out of your hair?" She asked and he began to think about why his mother would ask such things.

But he still didn't hesitate to do his mother's orders, after all, he wasn't the one incharge, right? Or was he?

 

 

 

 

 

"OH MY GOSH!" his mother squealed and jumped up. Junhee stared at her with surprised eyes. Her mother hasn't been this careless since that happened.

"Junhee, please look at this mirror." She held up a mirror and showed it her son. Junhee gasped and shook the mirror away from him.

He looked away and frowned.

"Junhee...?" His mother dropped her ethusiastic burst and sat beside her son, "Yah... What's wrong?"

"You know I can't do that." Her mother frowned and sighed.

She just couldn't convince her son to change a bit of his appearance. He says I don't want any attention on me, well, if they do pay attention. She was sad, his looks meant nothing to him.

Nothing.