OneShot

When God Sends Angels.

“Do you really think this is okay?”The youngest asked,a frown playing on his wide mouth. His eyebrows furrowed as he observed his senior.

“Ofcourse…Im just looking…”The other replies,a small smile on his bow-shaped lips. Small eyes crinkling in amusement.

“But…this isnt something we should do…”His brother appears on his side,sitting on the railing with his back to the window,one leg on the highest rail and the other hanging lazily in the air. He tilts his head all the way back to follow his brother’s gaze. “She’s cute.”

“Knock it off Junsu…”Yunho pats his brother’s shoulder.

“What?”Junsu looks at him with all the childlike innocence that Yunho knew he didn’t possess. His little brother was none other than Death. Blonde hair and round,dark eyes emphasized with kohl. Soft lips that curved into a smile that was beautiful and sinister in equal measure. But Yunho loves his baby brother…even if he is a vindictive son of a .

“What are we looking at?”This time its Love who lazes onto the balcony,fluffy white wings bat at the youngest who scowls but makes space for another senior. “Oh..she’s cute. But…does the Big Boss know youre doing this? I thought Junsu was the one with the creepy fondness for purgatory…”

“Im the Angel of Death…its my job to toss those sinners into the fiery depths of hell…”Junsu runs a hand through his hair and smirks at Jaejoong.

“I like how he atleast tries to feign his innocence…”A deep voice joins them as Harmony perches on the highest railing with his pale,white feet supporting his weight,wide wings pulled snugly together as he watched Death with amusement.

“Go away Yoochun…don’t you have to go and be useless somewhere else?”Junsu pouts.

“Don’t be a hater…learn to love..”Jaejoong exchanges grins with Yoochun.

“Wait…is..she supposed to be doing that?”The youngest but the wisest speaks up,pointing at the subject in question.

“She’s crying…”Yunho sighs. “W…we should go…”He turns but his friends continue to gaze at the girl.

“She was smiling a while ago…now whats her problem? Pfft…pathetic humans…”Knowledge shakes his head.

“She must be upset…”Jaejoong frowns. “Not everyone has the emotional range of a teaspoon,Changmin.”

“She has no reason to be upset! She was just on the phone with her friend…now she’s sniffling…”Changmin snaps. “I really do wonder why these petty creatures were created…so full of flaws…”

“She looks lonely…”Jaejoong pouts as he practically glues himself to the glass door.

“Well cupid…why don’t you bring some love into her life…”Junsu grins.

“Don’t call me that!”Jaejoong snarls. Junsu cackles and Yunho face palms.

“We should go!”Yunho urged.

“Why? Its fine that you get to ogle at her when shes happy…but youre first to take flight when shes upset…I get the whole Angel of Happiness thing but this isnt right. You sound like those humans. Youre around when things are good…but leave once they get bad.”Yoochun said softly.

“I cant stand to see her this way..”Yunho bit his lip and glanced back at her. “Sometimes…I wish I was human…”Yunho frowns at Changmin who had released a scandalized gasp at his words. “Yeah Changmin…sometimes I wish I was human. And then I would meet her and there would be no barriers…nothing to stop me from making her happy. But here I am…immortal…and there she is,so mortal..so broken. On opposites sides of Life. If only this glass really was the only thing keeping us apart..”Yunho tapped the glass with a long finger.

“…I really love you hyung…so I’ll do this for you…”Junsu kisses Yunho’s cheek and strolls into the apartment.

“JUNSU!”Yunho hisses. “GET BACK HERE!”

“What…just one kiss and she’ll join you on the other side…”Junsu shruggs. “I promise I wont use tongue..”He laughs.

“…And then God made Death and said…’let there be stupidity’…”Changmin says dully. Yoochun almost tumbles off whilst doubling with laughter,clutching onto Jaejoong.

“Leave her alone!”Yunho floats in and grabs Junsu by the ear. “Stop being idiotic. Get out!” Yunho drags his brother to the balcony.

“But hyuuuung~”Junsu whines. There’s a clasp of thunder and the five angels still.

“..Uh..oh..”Changmin glances up. “I was never here…”He disapparates.

“I just realized I have someone to kill..”Junsu vanishes next.

“Oh..look at the time…”Yoochun grabs Jaejoong and disappears.

“Yes..Im coming..”Yunho sighs and spreads his wings.

“I must be drunk…”A soft voice makes him jump. He turns to find her staring at him. “Nice costume…but how did you get onto my balcony..?”

“W….W….y…you can see me?”Yunho’s heart races. What on earth?

“Well..yes. Youre the ruggedly handsome man on my balcony with two wings attached to his back…”She archs an eyebrow.

“I…I…Im an Angel…I didn’t mean to intrude…I…okay…you…youre dreaming…”Yunho feels foolish.

“I must be…but sometimes our dreams are so real..and so happy…we’d rather they be reality…”She walks over and joins him. “So…what are you supposed to be incharge of?”

“….Happiness…”Yunho said quietly. She laughs.

“Wow…of all the things…Happiness decides to fly onto my balcony…shouldnt you be off in Africa somewhere? Getting food to the hungry…aiding the elderly?”

“I was just going back when I decided to check on you.”

“Why?”

“Cause I wanted to…”

“I wasn’t aware Angels had free will…”She says,confused.

Yunho smiles. “Someone told God to check on you. God sent me.”

“Did he? And who is this mystery person?”She rolls her eyes.

Yunho takes a step closer,eyes crinkling again with a smile. “Your father.”

She stares at him. Dumdfounded. And Yunho decides,he rather likes that look on her face. That unguarded one. He only enjoys it for a few moments when she rearranges her face into a grimace.

“Oh…I wasn’t aware he gave a crap anymore…”She says grimly.

This annoys him a little. “Why would you even think that?”

“He’s dead isnt he? I shouldn’t be a problem anymore…”

“Youre his daughter. Just because he is in heaven…doesn’t mean he doesn’t yearn for his family.”

“And you would know?”

“Why do you think Im here?”

“Cause youre creepy.”

“He sent me. He wants you to be happy. Ive been looking out for you.”

“I don’t need to be taken care of by some…some…half- man with pasted wings. I have God.”She turns away. “And I like to think He’s looking out for me.”

“He is…”Yunho’s smile becomes even brighter. “Its okay to cry…its okay to break down. Its okay to talk things over with your friends. You were denied a family…but you were granted so much more. Should those insolent people matter in the grand scheme of things? No! I…I hate seeing you upset. Im powerless to change that. I wish I was human…I really really do…”He blurts it out and suddenly,he realizes he cant ever take it back. Oh no.

“Youre a dream…”She says,slowly turning to face him. “Whether youre an Angel or a human…why does that matter when all you are is a figment of my imagination?’

Yunho’s heart breaks as she looks at him like he’s out of his mind. She looks and she sees right through him. As if he doesn’t exist. Even though he is standing mere feet from her. She doesn’t believe. She doesn’t believe in Happiness.

“I…”He bites his lips,looks away. He glances up. He leans in and kisses her gently. “I…want you to be happy..”

“Why?”

“Because…it..when youre sad…it hurts…”

“Im human…I can be upset when I want to be…”She takes a step closer.

“I..I know! I get it. You are free to have your moods but…but…I wish I could make you happy. I wish I could take away the pain in your life and just…just make you smile.”Yunho’s eyes sting with tears and he wills them back. The others would mock him for all eternity if he broke down infront of this mere human girl.

“Why are you so obsessed with my happiness? There are others you can be concerned about…”

“I come here everyday under the pretense of checking on you…but really..all I do is listen to your laugh and how loudly you talk and just revel in being an audience to your life. Do you know how that feels? To not be able to even…be acknowledged by you? Youre standing here and saying Im just your imagination and I know I cant even change that. But that doesn’t make it hurt any less. I should leave. By being here any longer…Im breaking some pretty serious rules.” Yunho turns away.

“You talk like youre in love with me…”She says,bewildered.

“So what if I am…? Humans are guilty of a whole lot more. Im guilty of being in love with a mortal. A mortal who denies my existence eventhough Im standing right infront of her. I am in love with you…and I can do nothing but live with that knowledge…”Yunho’s heart cant take anymore of this. All he’s doing is making a fool of himself. He

She does that thing with her lips that he adores. Bringing them together into what he labelled as the ‘chuu’ face. She makes it when shes confused or thinking really hard or just trying to get her way. He realizes he’s broken enough rules…just one more. He grabs her and kisses her,curling his wings around them. He holds her close and relishes the moment that her warm lips are pressed against his. He doesn’t want to let go. But he has to cause she is mortal. She still needs to breathe. He lets a tear fall  and quickly pulls away and gazes at her. He wishes he can drown into the dark pools of her eyes. But he realizes he’s overstayed his welcome. He needs to leave…even if it feels like his heart is being ripped out. He must leave.

He takes a few steps back,spreads his wings and takes flight. I will comeback for you,I promise.

*

“Where do you go when youre lonely…”She scribbles it onto her notebook. She smiles as the cool wind ruffles her hair. She feels happier. Lighter. This must be love. Or lunacy. But what is love if it isn’t madness. But who was she in love with? The door to the coffeeshop opens and she doesn’t look up. Not till the deep baritone greets the girl behind the counter and asks for a Café Mocha.

She glances up the moment he looks around the café.  Their eyes meet and her heart stops. Time stills. Its almost like they’ve met before and she knows they havent. But then why is the crinkling of those eyes and the brilliance of that smile so familiar? It has nothing to do with the fact that she’s been dreaming of meeting him. No. Its almost like everything has finally fallen into place. And there. In that exact moment..both of them were exactly where they were supposed to be.

It takes less than a second for her face to warm up into a smile. She’s cute. And he almost drops the styrofoam cup as he smiles at her. He’s certain he has never met this person. And yet,he feels like somehow..he knows her. He hadnt felt this happy in a long time. He takes a step towards her only to have three girls come up for his autograph. He nods at them and signs their cups and when he looks up,shes busy with her work again. He bites down on his plump lower lip,should he go and say Hi? But..what if they don’t speak the same language? She shifts her notes and he catches the Hangul and grins.

*

Life is unpredictable. There are times when we feel like its over but when we’ve finally crawled out from under the wreckage and really look around,we realize just how much is out there. Waiting to be explored. Why should we create barriers for ourselves by using words like ‘cant’ and ‘might’? Why not say “I can..and I will”,square our shoulders and walk into the blinding light of the future? After all,nothing is easy. No step is not risky. But if we don’t take those risks..we might be missing out on something beautiful. We create our own luck,our own lives. Destiny can be changed with a little prayer,a little faith and a whole lot of guts. Sometimes,all we really need to do..is close our eyes and take that step from being safe…to being human. There are some people God creates who come into our lives,bringing us hope and happiness,something to look forward to. And when the haters and the hypocrites have clipped your wings by saying youre unrealistic,a dreamer and you cant fly. These people appear and enable you to once again,take flight.

Remember, love takes courage. Not just being in it…but believing in it. Fortune favours the brave. And if youre brave enough to go after what you want…all those barriers are merely glass doors and can be broken….if we decide to break them down.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you like to read...then give the author some credit for coming up with stuff...post a comment :]