final

Old and Gray

Teddy was busily going about perfecting the comeback songs for 2ne1 when small hands covered his eyes. “Looks like someone’s busy at work,” a husky yet feminine voice spoke against his ear.

He smiled to himself knowing exactly who that voice belonged to, “Yes I am and if you don’t mind, I have to get back to work.”

“But don’t you need a break? I heard you’ve been in here all day long and it’s almost eleven. Have you eaten,” she asked as she kept her hands covering his eyes.

“Yeah,” he simply said as he waited for her to remove her hands.

“What did you eat?”

He sighed as he reached for her hands to move them away, “I ate alright.”

“No you didn’t,” she shook her head as he opened his eyes to see a frowning Minzy. He smiled up at her cute expression on her face. She was always the most concerned for others out of all the girls in the group from the start. “Tell me what you ate then,” she said as she placed both hands on either side of her hips.

“Minzy I’m not a little boy. I can take care of myself,” he shook his head as he went back to what he was doing.

“Oh no you don’t,” she reached for his hand before he could play the track he was working on. “Let’s go get something to eat,” she tugged on his hand.

“But…”

“Don’t worry, it’ll be there when you get back,” she chuckled as she dragged him out of the studio.

Knowing Minzy she would continue her pestering until he finally agreed to whatever she asked of him. He figured that he would just go with it and let her drag him to who knows where to get it over and done with so that he could get back to work.

Teddy grinned to himself as Minzy interlocked their fingers as she continued to pull him along, “You know you can let go of me. I won’t run.”

She shrugged her shoulders as she walked them to the elevator, “I don’t know that for sure.” He chuckled as he was then guided into the elevator and watched as she pushed the button to head to the top floor.

“Where are we going?”

“I already told you, I’m taking you to get something to eat,” she smiled up at him before giving his hand a small squeeze.

“Alright,” he mirrored her smile before looking towards the elevator doors.

As the doors were opened, Minzy led Teddy up the stairs towards the doors of the rooftop. “Wait,” he tugged at her hand to stop her before she could open the door.

“What?”

“Isn’t it cold outside?”

She coughed a laugh as she shook her head, “Don’t be a baby and let’s go.” Pushing the door open she walked him outside.

He was impressed to see that she had a red and white checkered sheet laid across the ledge with a picnic basket in the middle. “Wow…”

Minzy smiled up at him before releasing his hand and taking a seat on one side. “Come sit,” she nodded towards the other side of the sheet before opening up the basket.

Teddy quickly obeyed as he watched Minzy pull out a tupperware bowl and handed it to him. He grinned, feeling that the bowl was warm and figured that she had just made it. Opening the bowl the smell hit him like a brick wall making his mouth water. It was a simple bowl of rice chicken and vegetables, but it still smelt like heaven to him.

“Here,” she said as she handed him a fork to dig in and he did just that.

“Oh…damn this is good,” he hummed as he continued to devour his food.

She chuckled as she then handed him a bottle of soju, “Here.”

He grinned as he gladly accepted the cool refreshing drink to finish off his meal. “That was amazing,” he declared as he patted his stomach.

“No you were just hungry,” she smiled as she handed him another bottle of soju as she took one for herself.

“Thank you Minzy I needed a break,” he smiled at her before opening his new bottle.

“No worries,” she shrugged her shoulders as she placed the basket on the ground and swung her legs over the ledge to let them hang.

Teddy mimicked her motions as he moved closer to her. The pair both smiled at each other before looking out at the city lights. Teddy starred out at the city as he gulped on his drink from time to time letting his thoughts consume him. His thoughts were randomly jumping around from the various tracks he had been working on as he tried to mentally think of how to perfect the sound of each song.

“Stop that,” Minzy chimed as she teasingly hit his arm.

“What,” he chuckled as he tried to fake innocence.

She shook her head as she pouted, “You are a workaholic!”

“I love what I do,” he shrugged his shoulders.

“So do I, but I don’t overdo it like you. Working until I grow old and what not.”

“OLD?! Who are you calling old,” he coughed a laugh as he nudged his shoulder against hers.

“You,” she laughed. “Teddy you’re getting old.”

“Ouch,” he scrunched his nose at her as he held his chest. “That really hurt Minzy.”

“Well it’s going to hurt more when you realize that you have no one to share your life with.”

He chuckled at Minzy’s bold words knowing that her knowledge was beyond her years of age, “Oh yeah?”

She nodded, “Yup and I don’t want that to happen to you.”

“Thanks for your concern Minzy, but I think I can handle that on my own.”

“Really?”

He chuckled before letting out a sigh, “You don’t believe that I could get any woman whenever I want?”

She shook her head, “Nope, I think the only thing you know is music.”

“Damn girl you’re really trying to hurt my pride right now aren’t you,” he teased as she nodded with an innocent smile.

Minzy took his hand in hers as she continued to smile at him, “Don’t worry, we’ll find you a woman before you become old and gray.”

“Alright first off I’m not that old, so stop saying that and second I promise you that if I wanted to be in a relationship I’d be in one okay,” he said firmly.

“Okay,” she said but he knew she didn’t mean it. She only said that to keep him from becoming angry with her, which only caused him to become upset with her anyways.

“You at lying you know that,” he shook his head.

“What? I have no idea what you’re talking about,” she batted her eyelashes at him.

An idea came to Teddy’s mind as he tried to think of a way to get her to believe him. Whether Minzy knew it or not, she wounded his pride. Out of all the people, she was the least that he’d expected to receive such a scolding about his dating life. They had grown close over the years as he became her go to person about life. Teddy and Minzy had their share of deep conversations about dating, but it never was in a scolding manner.

“Minzy what’s this all about?”

“I just want you happy…” Holding up an index finger knowing he would try and add in his two cents she smiled, “And I mean I want you happy outside of the music realm.”

“Like I said, I can find a woman when I want. As of right now, it’s not the time.”

“So when is the right time? When you’re old and gray,” she teased.

“Or right now,” he shrugged his shoulders.

“Wha…” before she could finish her sentence his lips were pressed against hers.

As he pressed his lips against hers, his mind screamed at him to retreat but it was too late. He felt her press her lips firmly together from the shock. Snaking his arm around her waist, he brought her closer to make the kiss a little more comfortable between them. Now he wasn’t so sure how she might be taking the situation in, but he continued to kiss her. He figured that since he had already started, he had to finish this off strong to regain his pride.

Teddy grinned to himself as he felt her body relax against his and she too began to move her lips against his. Taking advantage of the situation, he let his tongue lightly brush across her lips to moisten the kiss. To his surprise he felt Minzy’s arms wrap around his neck tugging at his hair as she flicked her tongue against his lips.

Teddy let his hand brush across her , earning a slight gasp from her. He took the opportunity to let his tongue enter and dance along and then her own tongue.

“Mmm..” she hummed as their kiss deepened into a more needy and passionate kiss.

Teddy couldn’t help to think that Minzy was right in the midst of devouring her plump lips. He couldn’t remember the last time he had made out with a girl like this. But this wasn’t just any girl, it was Minzy. The thoughts of their developing friendship began to flash in his mind as he started to feel guilty for what he was doing.

“It seems like someone is really becoming old and gray since you can’t even kiss for too long,” Minzy mumbled against his lips as she continued to kiss him.

“It’s not that…” he stiffened in the kiss.

Minzy pulled away as she glared at him, “What? Am I too young for you?”

“No, I just don’t wanna ruin the friendship we have.”

“Then don’t,” she shrugged her shoulders as she pressed her lips against his once more. “Teddy, make me your woman,” she breathed against his lips.

“What?”

She sighed as she pulled away, “Teddy to be honest the friendship we have makes me want to have a relationship with you.” She paused before continuing, “Teddy I think I really love you.”

“Uh…I…I don’t know what to say,” he honestly spoke the first thing that came to mind.

“You don’t have to say anything.” Bending towards him she placed a soft kiss onto his cheek, “Even if you don’t feel the same you gave me something to remember until I’m old and gray.”

 

Teddy found it hard to concentrate after that night. He kept thinking of how much of a jerk Minzy must think he is for not saying a word after her confession. He thought about how he had sat frozen in place not sure of what to think. Yeah sure he’s had CL professing her undying love to him all the time, but this was different. This was Minzy.

 

In the passing week, Teddy became more uncomfortable seeing as he never really said anything to her confession when he knew she deserved an answer. Things felt even more uneasy during recording sessions with her. Though she treated him the same, he couldn’t help but see her in a different light.

“How does it sound,” Minzy asked through the mic from the recording booth.

“Good,” he nodded not looking up at her.

She sighed as she placed the headset onto the chair before making her way out to him, “Teddy?”

“Yeah,” he said as he acted like he was listening to her recorded voice which was making the situation even worse.

“Teddy can we talk?”

“About what,” he asked as he turned his chair to the keyboard feeling his heart starting to pound of nervousness.

“Teddy,” she whined as she turned his chair to face her. Teddy was thrown a little off guard as he was met by piercing dark brown eyes, “Let’s talk right now.”

“I…uh…” he tried to look away, but he was stuck on her hypnotizing eyes.

Minzy turned off the music before crossing her arms and leaning up against the table behind her, “Why are you acting all weird towards me?”

“What? I don’t know what you mean,” he coughed a laugh in hopes it didn’t sound too awkward to her as it was sounding to him.

“Teddy about that night, I really did mean every word I said. You don’t have to feel the same way about me. I just want you to be happy okay? And to stop acting like a weirdo towards me, it’s getting uncomfortable for me,” she said jokingly.

He didn’t say anything as he looked at her intently. She was good at masking her emotions as she stood with a grin on her face. “Minzy I…I’m sorry,” he frowned.

“No it’s okay…”

“No it’s not okay. You deserved an answer, yet I didn’t give you one at that time because I was so shocked. Can you forgive me for being a complete ?”

She giggled as she nodded, “Yes I can. I told you…”

“And…” he stood on his feet as he walked up to her and smiled. He watched as she mirrored his smile, which melted away all of his resolve. “And…” he softly said as he reached for her hands to take them in his. “I thought about what you said and I think I too wanna remember you until I’m old and gray.”

Teddy bent down and sweetly pressed his lips against hers letting her know that he too felt the same way about her. “Well you’re getting there,” she breathed in between their kisses earning a soft chuckle from him as he deepened their kiss.

 

Author's Notes:

HA HA! Those were the first words, if they're even considered as words lol, that came to mind after I had finished writing this. OMG it's just so freakin cheesy it makes me laugh. Well I wanted to write this fic to take a breather from my ongoing fics and because I don't think I've ever written a fic about this pairing before. It was kinda hard to do this with little inspiration. I tried to look for a topless pic of Teddy to inspire me to get pics of topless Danny! Dang, oh well haha. Thanks for reading! <3